The Halloween Door
|"The Halloween Door"|
|Real Ghostbusters episode|
|Original air date||October 29, 1989|
|Real Ghostbusters: Season 5|
Real Ghostbusters: Episode Guide
Dr. Crowley and his assistant, Fairweather, have built an Electronic-Positronic Anti-Halloween Machine that vaporizes anything Halloween-related. Dr. Crowley needs the Ghostbusters help to focus the machines power using their PKE Meter. After refusing to help, their PKE Meter is stolen by Fairweather, allowing the doctor to activate his machine. After clearing the city of anything having to do with Halloween, the machine then opens a "door" in the sky, allowing creatures from the netherworld into the real world, along with the Boogaloo. Egon explains that thousands of years ago, there was an ancient deal made with Boogaloo that he and his creatures would leave the earth forever with one exception; people must pay tribute to him once a year, explaining the reason for Halloween. With chaos erupting around the world, the Ghostbusters scramble to figure out a way to close the door before midnight and send the Boogaloo back where he came from, otherwise the contract would be broken permanently and the Boogaloo would remain on Earth, forever. Upon discovering that Dr. Crowley's machine has been destroyed by ghosts, a small girl appears and helps the Ghostbusters realize that if there are still children that aren't afraid, the ancient deal has not been broken. The small girl stands at the Boogaloos feet and laughs, telling him he's funny and asking for a Halloween Story. The Boogaloo, realizing that the deal is still intact, gets sucked back into the "Door" and everything is restored back to its original state, they even get the evening back.
- Dr. Crowley: A scientist bent on destroying Halloween.
- Fairweather: Dr. Crowley's assistant, really a ghost in disguise working for the Boogaloo. He steals the PKE Meter from the Ghostbusters.
- Lynn Stacy: Peter's date who gets a big slimy kiss from Slimer , dressed as Peter causing her to storm out of the firehouse and call the real Peter a creep.
- Anna: A little girl who lives nextdoor to Dr. Crowley's lab. Anna isn't afraid of ghosts and proves it by laughing at the Boogaloo.
- Boogaloo: An ancient monster banished from earth 2000 years ago by Celtic Priests, called Druids.
- Dr. Crowley is a reference to the late 19th/early 20th century English author and occultist, Aleister Crowley.
- The Boogaloo is voiced by Brian O'Neal, a performer with The Bus Boys; the group who sang "Cleanin' Up the Town" for the original Ghostbusters film. In the episode, O'Neal also performs the song "Boogaloo is Back in Town"
- This episode aired on ABC primetime on the night of October 29, 1989 . It is the only episode of The Real Ghostbusters to air on primetime TV.
- This is the only Real Ghostbusters to feature not only one, but two musical scenes; "Touchin' On Magic" and "The Boogaloo is Back in Town."
- Peter Venkman: Slimer, you're dead!
- Slimer: Oh, good observation Peter.
- Fairweather: Don't worry, while they were talking to you, no one noticed me pick up this (pulls PKE meter out of jacket).
- Dr. Crowley: You stole this, didn't you?
- Fairweather: Yes, Dr. Crowley.
- Dr. Crowley: Stealing isn't good, but we need it . . . so much for that moral dilemma.
- Trick-or-Treater: Trick or Treat!
- Dr. Crowley: In your face!