Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
HasLab has dropped a new item: 1984 style Plasma Series wand:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/ghostb ... -wand-1984

AVAILABLE NOW!
Jimsy33, Davideverona, SpaceBallz and 2 others liked this
deadderek wrote: February 1st, 2024, 11:14 am HasLab has dropped a new item: 1984 style Plasma Series wand:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/ghostb ... -wand-1984

AVAILABLE NOW!
Is that a joke? You can see the wood area where the afterlife stuff has been stripped off from their previous release. Pretty sure you can see the wooden grip on the other side.
By Talyn
Yeah that came out of nowhere. Pretty low effort release, they didnt remove the rubber wire near the base of the front grip. Also has the same rough texture as the original.
frankov liked this
By frankov
Talyn wrote: February 1st, 2024, 11:30 am Yeah that came out of nowhere. Pretty low effort release, they didnt remove the rubber wire near the base of the front grip. Also has the same rough texture as the original.
Yeah, they should've waited for the movie to release, then release the wand with some swappable parts to either be an 84 or Frozen Empire wand.

Hope they at least fixed the issue with the wire cutting when extending/collapsing the barrel.
By Dr.D
I mean, my afterlife wand died due to the connector messing with the connector springs I was pretty happy to see this. I mean, a nice second chance for people to grab one of these and not have to modify it too much seems like a good move. Better than nothing.
You can see the effect on the stand but I get Richardless point on this . It does give the appeaarence they just tore of the wood grip. With a little outside the box thinking you can either paint over it with black, or if one were feeling more creative use the texture to create a slime effect. The stand you could easily get away with doing a pink slime texture, maybe a green for the rifle.
By Broccoli
frankov wrote: February 1st, 2024, 11:35 am Hope they at least fixed the issue with the wire cutting when extending/collapsing the barrel.
The video mentions that they updated the wiring for the second version of the Spengler Wand (of which was ported over to the 1984 wand). Any idea what that update actually was?
deadderek, frankov liked this
I would almost expect the FE gear to be part of an upcoming backing campaign. They know the wand will sell out so I'm guessing that's why they just put it out as regular merchandise. If they decide to do an 84 pack without a backing campaign it's going to be a shit show. Meaning scalpers will get to it before any of us.

The 84 pack will more then likely have the copper parts, yellow wiring cover, and any afterlife add ons removed. I'd be surprised if they keep the sped up cyclotron lights and sounds.A price tag of $400 and up will be more likely for the 84 pack.
DaveLister liked this
By Broccoli
jonogunn wrote: February 1st, 2024, 12:34 pm they added heatshrink sheath covering the barrel led wires.
So it still has the issue of the wire snapping if you extend the barrel?
By One time
I ordered multiple items of all the Hasbro/Haslab items that came before. But with this I'm not convinced :(

Grips are too thin. Due to the barrel tube diameter. I think the best thing is to get the Spengler wand and buy 3D printed '84 grips off Etsy. That way the grips looks more beefy and accurate.

Orange barrel tip shines through the inside of the plexiglass (no matter if you paint the outside silver or not). Also you see the battery door safety screw protrusion sticking out of the rear grip in the first image below. Though that isn't Hasbro's fault, just a legal requisite.

If there had been any new functionality I would have gotten a couple though. But as it is it will be a pass :/

30 second shut off was an easy fix, as was settling the bargraph on the lowest decal with just the bar graph light activated and not the cylotron. Red paint on the button on the barrel is applied over the housing (should just be the button).

Such simple things to get right really :( Come on Hasbro.

But if you don't wanna spend a few dollars on Etsy, this is a great alternative if you want an 1984 wand.

Though my advice would be to get a Spengler wand (even the V1's are still for sale!) and just get Etsy grips. Those Etsy grips are really mature now as they've gone through many iterations.

Check the first two images... how thin the grips look, they almost look as thin as 80% Spirit pack wands. If you get chunkier 3D printed grips they wil hide that inaccurate barrel tube diameter because they cloak it (the 3D prints just snap over the existing Hasbro grips).

This is a comparison of the screen used and the Hasbro Spengler. You notice the barrel and grips are less beefy on the Hasbro. As are the dimensions of several parts. But Etsy 3D printed grips fix that problem entirely, because they snap over the existing Hasbro grips.

Here are pics of my Spenglers made to look like 1984's with just simple 3D grips bought off Etsy for a few dollars.

But this is all just my opinion
Last edited by One time on February 4th, 2024, 12:50 pm, edited 39 times in total.
Off topic but since it was brought up, I just gotta say.

Honestly, as negative as I often am about the direction of the GB brand I gotta say Hasbro has been killing it. That pack was worth every penny, they actually listen to fans, and make the things we would’ve killed to have as kids.

Strapping on a proton pack was a life’s dream for me & as often as I wish I was 12 years old again, for a few short minutes when putting that beauty on? I WAS 12 again.

If only Hasbro made automobiles. Put a Haslab campaign on for an Ecto 1 lol.
deadderek, timeware, robbritton and 1 others liked this
By Talyn
I was not aware of the wire cutting issue, I have a 1st release wand, never had a problem, even after opening it up a couple times. Is there anything that can be done to avoid the issue?
By One time
Talyn wrote: February 1st, 2024, 1:07 pm I was not aware of the wire cutting issue, I have a 1st release wand, never had a problem, even after opening it up a couple times. Is there anything that can be done to avoid the issue?
Slow the release of the barrel with your hand. Don't let it snap open. Or take it apart and put some foam on the hard stop.

Spengler V1: No foam (wire would maybe cut unless you slowed the extension of the barrel with your other hand)
Spengler V2 Orange Barrel: Foam but the barrel locking catch would wear out and the barrel would not stay locked in place.

1984: Probably same as V2 Spengler
Talyn liked this
By jonogunn
Broccoli wrote: February 1st, 2024, 12:41 pm
jonogunn wrote: February 1st, 2024, 12:34 pm they added heatshrink sheath covering the barrel led wires.
So it still has the issue of the wire snapping if you extend the barrel?
only had gen1 spengler wand but apparently since gen2 they added the heatshrink protection around the led barrel wires so they don't pinch and break as easily. this should transfer over to the 84 wand as well
I could imagine it now. A future backing campaign for a limited run of 84 cab overs starting between 10-20 grand. If they pass 30000 you'll get the iconic Autobot logo or Decepticon Logo depending on your choice of colors. Volkswagon wouldn't participate since they didn't want to be assoiciated with war toys (I mean vehicles.)
One time liked this
By One time
jonogunn wrote: February 1st, 2024, 1:33 pm one thing for sure is nothing is off the table now. Remember how unlikely an 84 wand would be produced a couple of years ago? or a full out pack?
Last year I swore a 1984 wand would be coming up. Check my previous posts. All the tooling was done. It was a simple plastic swap on the grips.

It's a shame they didn't change anything about the functionality. 30 second timeout or the fact that both lower decals are illuminated on activation of the bargraph (without an active cyclotron yet) as opposed to just the lowest decal. But we have GPStar for those levels of accuracy.

In a sense it's great for 84 lovers or those who can't find a wand.

For people that can't find Spengler wands+beefy 84 Etsy grips; just get this. A tiny bit to paint silver on the barrel. So many Etsy sellers will be offering replacement finger grips that are beefier and will slip over this within weeks.
Last edited by One time on February 2nd, 2024, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Dr.D
On the subject of wands, I wonder if anyone has any insight that could help with my issue. My afterlife wand seems to have die due to the springs in the end of the rear handle getting so horribly twisted out of shape as to no longer connect the circuit. Assuming this happened due to twisting the hose in place to tightly, but has anyone else had this issue and is there any way to prevent it happening again?
By jonogunn
One time wrote: February 1st, 2024, 1:37 pm
jonogunn wrote: February 1st, 2024, 1:33 pm one thing for sure is nothing is off the table now. Remember how unlikely an 84 wand would be produced a couple of years ago? or a full out pack?
Last year I swore a 1984 wand would be coming up. Check my previous posts. All the tooling was done. It was a simple plastic swap on the grips.

It's a shame they didn't change anything about the functionality. 30 second timeout or the fact that both lower decals are illuminated on activation of the bargraph (without an active cyclotron yet) as opposed to just the lowest decal. But we have GPStar for those levels of accuracy.

In a sense it's great for 84 lovers or those who can't find a wand.

For people that can't find Spengler wands, just get this. A tiny bit to paint silver on the barrel. So many Etsy sellers will be offering replacement finger grips that are beefier and will slip over this within weeks.
yah it looks off for some reason. i was planning on modding my 2nd spengler to 84 and i think i'll continue with that route rather than buy a new one.

althought since i'm on the gpstar team if i need to get it for whatever reason i will.
One time liked this

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]