For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
timeware wrote: October 25th, 2022, 6:53 pm I'm honestly surprised that we didn't have to download a new update.
It was probably built into the last update, with all the decoration and mask components and textures ready to go, time-locked to not appear until a week or so before October 31st.
That's what I was thinking as well. I'm kind of wondering if the next update we get will be centered around Christmas and that's when we get all the suggestions, or what Illfonic approves rolled out.

So, I was unaware of the Ecto-Goggles abilities before reaching lv 50. It would have made things so much easier if we could have seen player's names fade behind the walls instead of outright disappearing. I could see some improvement being made on the goggles.
Anyone else have their side hustles not saving progress? If I exit the game with objectives partially finished in a side hustle, they reset when I start the game back up. I finished one of the objectives the other day and made progress in others. Came back in today and all but the one objective I completed had reset. So if I want to unlock a cosmetic item I have put the PS5 into rest mode, or just do it all in one sitting. For some of these requirements I'd obviously not want to do it all at once, and since I play various other games with friends I can't just leave the GB game in rest mode. Quite annoying.
Anyone have this happen to them? Got a couple of successful traps, we got the ghost. I believe the level was either the hudson lodge, or RMS. It was the upstairs kitchen. Anyway, I was able to capture the ghost but it got stuck in the wall. Nothing we could do to free it.

FYI this is why I miss slime tethering. We could have maybe tried to bring a chair over to the ghost to haunt. ghost won in the end no trap experience. Took screen shots of the issue. I'll post it when I can.
Kingpin wrote: October 25th, 2022, 5:06 pm The Halloween update, while small (for the most part it has no bearing on the matches), is a fun little modification. Hope you guys get a chance to see it, as there's no idea how long it'll be around for.
Oh, that's pretty sweet that the cutscenes also have the Halloween decorations!
timeware wrote: October 27th, 2022, 12:03 am Anyone thinking that we'll get a Ghostbusters logo with a santa clause hat, or even a GBII logo to use with the black uniform for the Christmas update?
Last night in the guest rooms of the lodge the ghost player was stuck in the ceiling.
timeware wrote: October 26th, 2022, 9:07 pm Anyone have this happen to them? Got a couple of successful traps, we got the ghost. I believe the level was either the hudson lodge, or RMS. It was the upstairs kitchen. Anyway, I was able to capture the ghost but it got stuck in the wall. Nothing we could do to free it.
Anyone have pointers for playing as the Infernal variant of Ghouly? I suck terribly bad as it. If I get PKE stunned I'm usually as good as trapped. If I happen to break free I just get PKE stunned again, or instantly retethered. I feel like I'm missing something or perhaps I'm just not good as being the ghost.
So, I know I was a little disappointed to find out that it wasn't splitscreen co-op, but the fact that it's cross platform? That was what got me to buy the game for both PC and PS4. I played a little on the PS4 and I like it so far. Once I get the PC set up, I'll be able to play with and against my daughter today. She'll be ecstatic!

Are all the ghost class IV types? Like, similar to slimer?
All of them are Class 5s, yeah, but all do different things. There are 5 types of ghost... the initial ghost you start with also has a Slimer variant you unlock once you rank up that class to a certain level. The ectoplast is all about slime and zipping away. The ghouly is more about scaring civilians and moving on to the next area to haunt. The basher is... well, self explanatory. Haunt and hide and when you're discovered? kick the crap out of the guy who found you. The howler is a bit of a mix of the Ectoplast and Ghouly. It's not as fast or good at haunting or scaring, but it regenerates energy pretty quick. It's a bit tricky to use. I don't have much experience with the poltergeist, but it's less about sliming and more about haunting rooms and objects (from what I can see from the stats anyway).
Threadender liked this
Eventually I'd like to see boss ghosts, like Gozer, Sam Hain Etc. Like after a round of ten jobs you get automatically sent to the ghost world or a new location in New York. Maybe even the farmhouse, or mine. Some Somerville locatons would serve rather well for that addition. The diner, the police station would work etc...

One addition I'd like to see is everyone getting experience for the trap. I'm at level 53, the rest of my gear is at a high level but the trap isn't easy to level up. Everyone's trying to make the capture. I should have unlocked the remote-control trap by now.
Threadender liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: October 29th, 2022, 4:03 am Anyone else pick up on The Shining reference at Hudson Lodge?
Yep. :) Even the rest of the setting seems heavily influenced by the Overlook's original inspiration, the Stanley Hotel in Colorado.
deadderek, Hairy Biker liked this
My daughter and I had a blast playing it over the weekend.

Setting up two separate accounts was the hardest part.lol But once we got rolling, it was laughter the entire time.

We both were ghostbusters and she had trouble focusing on the mission. She was talking to all the civilians and blasting EVERYTHING.

But when she got up to the point of being a ghost, and cut the tutorial half away because it was boring to her, well....damn. She was an awesome ghost. It was just me and three bots versus her, and out of 6 matches over the weekend, I was only able to catch her once. Complete team effort because she was pretty damn good at getting out of the streams. Down the crew and I multiple times, then went back to possessing a floor cleaner and doing skateboarding tricks throughtout the level.

Basically, she was styling on me as I sat there cover in ectoplasm. :sigh:
jonogunn, zeta otaku, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
So far on the devstream, just a brief tease 29 minutes in that new cosmetics are coming soon.

Update 1.0.3 was announced with a new Party Code system that Illfonic is testing on EGS that allows players to join lobbies with a code without being friends which allows streamers to invite their community without needing to give out their Epic ID.
https://twitter.com/GhostbustersSU/stat ... 9145792512

Jay Doherty posted concepts for Slimer and Shriek, assets for Eddy Chan, and player hair options
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ArmXAm
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KOG4A4

ccv66 wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 1:38 pmTobin's Spirit guide book does look good, just made of paper

But seriously. Well, what kind of quality like not even durable? How tough is it? A splash of water and it's kaput?
ccv66 liked this
It looks like a fake book from Halloween store. As a display it looks good. It has 3d texture, color looks good. Not as sturdy as a hard cover book, but not to bad. If you took the cover off and added your own pages, it would look really good.

I'm just underwhelmed. If it was $15 more and I got launch day, I'd feel differently about It. I don't regret buying it, but with waiting and the price, I'm just mehh about it
mrmichaelt liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]