For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
RichardLess wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 9:09 pm
Does anyone know why you can’t buy this game in a store? I like to support this franchise even when I don’t like the movie or play the game so I called my local mom and pop game retailer & apparently you can only get this game online on a certain website?

Again gaming isn’t my forte but is that common? I know physical media is on the way out(don’t even get me started on that…) but for a game not to get released on a regular retail outlet? It’s not on Amazon or anything. Wtf?
There's physical copies at the stores around me and Amazon currently has a bunch of physical copies available for multiple consoles.
Again gaming isn’t my forte but is that common? I know physical media is on the way out(don’t even get me started on that…) but for a game not to get released on a regular retail outlet? It’s not on Amazon or anything. Wtf?

I’m getting the feeling this was done on the cheap.
Did you check the gaming section? You aren't going to find a copy in the sports or paint department. Check the aisle for whatever gaming system you own, and if you don't have one my personal recommendation is X-box. You can't play a video game without the console, unless you have PC.

The game should be available in store, or you can order it in the store then pick it up. Although at that point I'd just by the digital download when you get home and have your new system set up. I kid, I kid.

I was never under the impression the game was done cheaply. It is very much a step up from the 2009 video game. Give it time. the developers seem to be hands on with this unlike Friday the 13th.

But hey right now the Illfonic team is taking ideas on twitter so hit them up. FYI the uniforms do have RGB color's available to select (if you got the pre order) so I'm sure the other uniforms will be on the way.
deadderek wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 9:30 pm
RichardLess wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 9:09 pm
Does anyone know why you can’t buy this game in a store? I like to support this franchise even when I don’t like the movie or play the game so I called my local mom and pop game retailer & apparently you can only get this game online on a certain website?

There's physical copies at the stores around me and Amazon currently has a bunch of physical copies available for multiple consoles.
Hahaha.

Oh man. It would help if I got the title right wouldn’t it?

The store I go to mentioned they had no new Ghostbusters games in stock & said it must be an online only game. I searched Amazon and got nothing but a bunch of books and comics. So I just put 2 and 3 together and got 11.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

Like I said. Gaming is not my forte lol
RichardLess wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 10:07 pm I’m getting the feeling this was done on the cheap.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

RichardLess wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 10:07 pm The store I go to mentioned they had no new Ghostbusters games in stock & said it must be an online only game. I searched Amazon and got nothing but a bunch of books and comics.
Sounds like they just gave a line to move you along. Time to find a new store who cares about its customer.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Ghostbusters ... videogames
I had a hell of a time finding an Xbox copy. Playstation? No problem, but Xbox? EVERYTHING was sold out. Game Stop, Target, Walmart. I found 1 copy in a Best Buy 90 minutes from my house. Unless you want the collector's edition, then that won't be out until the end of the month...

The game is a bit buggy at the moment. Nothing that makes it unplayable, but they are annoying. Illfonic has been pretty on top of things and fixes are in coming. Even WITH the bugs, the game is still fun. Those asking for open world, driving Ecto-1, etc... we were never going to get that from Illfonic let alone at this price point. It's a $40 game by a company whose bread and butter is asymmetrical games. It's like expecting a dairy farm to make wine.

I DO hope we get another Ghostbusters game with elements from this game in the future blended with an open world map. You load into the map, have maybe 12 GBs (have fill in bots) and 3-4 ghosts. Ghosts spawn in random houses in the world and do their haunting thing. After reaching 10 or 15%, the Ghostbuster players get notified and travel from their HQA to the haunt and have it play out similar to this current game. Money earned gets spent on cosmetics and upgrades.

I'm hyped for the new maps, ghosts and other goodies we'll be getting in the free DLC in the months to come. I'm still REALLY enjoying the hell out of this game and it's one of the few games I'm enjoying playing with random players. Playing with even ONE friend though? SO much fun. Making an epic account is a bit of a pain in the butt, but I understand the need for crossplay and communications (the proximity chat is a LOT of fun)
jonogunn liked this
Bit buggy, but playable. Just ended a match as we were about to trap a ghost. All traps out, ghost was in an endless tether unable to trap. The clock ran out and the ghost won. Also for a portion of the bust my proton pack wasn't working at all and no it wasn't sabotaged. Just not working. Miner bugs but at least the game hasn't frozen yet.
Yeah, it would be so cool if one day, there's a video game where there's a driving bust level like the Muncher chase where on co-op multiplayer, you have 1 player who's driving Ecto-1 with a steering wheel and pedals attachment to their console/PC, there's another player whose Ghostbuster is operating the Remote Trap Vehicle trying to stay ahead of Ecto-1 and near the underside of the ghost, and another who is operating their Ghostbuster on the gunner chair and trying to confine the ghost.

But I digress. I found a good article about finding the 25 newspaper clippings if anyone needs it:
https://www.gameskinny.com/7m7ex/ghostb ... ings-guide

Hope someone posts a video of looking through all the clippings at Ray's Occult.
I like the game, but I have a couple of nitpicks:

1) I always envisioned Tobin as being a ghostbuster of sorts. I'm not sure I like the idea of him being a bad guy.
2) Why would Venkman send an old trap with the "Nameless" ghost inside of it? Was it really Venkman that sent the trap? If not, who did?
3) The modifications to the pack and thrower don't seem to do all that much. I unlocked this Whip Pulser and it prompts me to press left on the D pad and nothing happens.
4) I would have liked there to be a few different game modes so the game doesn't feel so repetitive.
1) He may have started as one, died and realized "no, wait... humanity sucks... Imma mess with them, as a book I guess?"

2) Yeah, I felt the trap thing was... odd, but it's definitely something I could see Venkman doing especially if it was from one of the last cases they were on before Egon ran off to Summerville. "Okay, welp, guess I'll take care of this later once we figure out what we're doing" type things.

3) The whip pulsar is absolutely broken and doesn't work. The other upgrades do work, they're just mild upgrades... until you get them to stack. One that does AMAZINGLY well on it's own is the stream extender upgrade. That has a noticeable difference just by itself.

4) I don't know what other game modes they could've added. Maybe a 5 v NPC boss type battle? Toss in Stay Puft as the boss? but that would've needed new unique maps and still get adjusted as gear gets balanced... and if they're doing that work, I'd rather them add to what's working first (like they're doing with new maps and ghosts) and maybe add in a new mode if they get the chance.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

mrmichaelt wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 11:15 pm
RichardLess wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 10:07 pm The store I go to mentioned they had no new Ghostbusters games in stock & said it must be an online only game. I searched Amazon and got nothing but a bunch of books and comics.
Sounds like they just gave a line to move you along. Time to find a new store who cares about its customer.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Ghostbusters ... videogames
Nah. They are usually great. Just didn’t carry this game for whatever reason.

I always try and support local brick & mortar shops. I pay more but after the pandemic, these places are hurting. I try to support my community whenever possible. Especially locally owned shops and I always recommend others try to do the same.

Amazon is a multi billion dollar corporation and if I can help it, I’ll try other routes first. If things stay they way they are in 20 years there won’t be any locally owned stores. Brick & mortar retail, like physical media, is on its way out. Sad to see. It was bad enough when places like Walmart moved in and undercut the mom & pop shops. But now that you don’t even need to leave your house? Man…I don’t know how these places stay afloat.

That being said…I ordered my copy from Amazon. I don’t even own an Xbox lol.
JonXCTrack wrote: October 24th, 2022, 8:50 am I like the game, but I have a couple of nitpicks:

1) I always envisioned Tobin as being a ghostbuster of sorts. I'm not sure I like the idea of him being a bad guy.
2) Why would Venkman send an old trap with the "Nameless" ghost inside of it? Was it really Venkman that sent the trap? If not, who did?
3) The modifications to the pack and thrower don't seem to do all that much. I unlocked this Whip Pulser and it prompts me to press left on the D pad and nothing happens.
4) I would have liked there to be a few different game modes so the game doesn't feel so repetitive.
And

5) Winston possessed- if this new team hasn't heard of pink/mood slime then what's with the bouncing toaster on the pool table
SpaceBallz wrote: October 24th, 2022, 5:27 pm
JonXCTrack wrote: October 24th, 2022, 8:50 am I like the game, but I have a couple of nitpicks:

And

5) Winston possessed- if this new team hasn't heard of pink/mood slime then what's with the bouncing toaster on the pool table
They may not have had any cultivated. We were never really shown how long it takes to make mood slime and reverse it to positive.
the Illfonic guy on twitter is a fan (Sorry couldn't recall his twitter handle.) so he was probably able to throw that Easter egg in there without compromising whatever license rights they had for GBII use. Why not have Vigo in the corner, or the slime blowers in Eddy's lab? Could be a number of reasons. But i'm guessing using GB II to a major extent would give away the actual sequel or clue people in. Who knows.
Funny that you mention that. My games been freezing sense yesterday. Right after I joked about "At least it's not freezing yet." What do you mean by chugging? Slow moving? Iv'e had my character moving very slowly not being able to use gear a couple of times.

FYI I have the X Box Series S all digital verson. And it happens to freeze once I get to lv 50 and before I get to use the Ecto Goggles. :sigh:
The game is good but I dunno what it is it’s just missing something. I can’t see this game do well long term and I don’t think it’s the repetitiveness. Fighting games like street fighter or battle royale games like warzone are also repetitive but they leave you wanting to go back and I believe it’s due to the competitiveness and desire to improve one’s own skills. This game feels too casual. I don’t feel the same satisfaction when busting a ghost as I do winning a battle royale game or fighting game match. I think the only thing that comes close to this is playing as a ghost. It’s not only challenging but there’s a clear skill level that one can improve on. I feel better winning as a ghost as I do a buster.

I do think the only thing keeping me to this game is being a big ghostbuster fan otherwise I may have stopped already. As a ghostbuster fan I’ll never get tired of the feeling of trapping a ghost.
Anyone feel the instant trap is a bit too strong with not enough drawbacks? I know it drains power fast, but for how quick you can stun, toss a trap, and catch the ghost, it doesn't seem like enough of a drawback. Perhaps a significant decrease in the final pull minigame for the ghost player? I shouldn't feel like I have a good chance at catching a ghost solo if I happen upon it, unless it's the bruiser type. That plus the potential to stun lock a ghost with all four people using a PKE discharge rotation and it can be too much of a curb stomp right away. I also wish they'd tweak it somehow so you don't pop out of a rift in front of all 4 busters.

I do want this game to get more modes like hordes of ghosts being controlled by a single Ghost Master. Let said Ghost Master pop out every once in a while to wreak havoc. Hopefully this game does well enough to send a message to Sony to get a free roaming NYC GB game in the works. (Hint: Insomniac already has it available, Sony.)
Last edited by VenomSymbiote on October 25th, 2022, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horde mode seems like a no brainer addition. No rifts (or rifts as spawn points), just a stream of enemies and a time limit / haunting bar.

Suggest they could add the Slime blower as a way to reverse or slow down the "Haunting" of a room.

Horde mode would also allow them to add new enemie types etc and bosses exclusive to that mode.
The Halloween update, while small (for the most part it has no bearing on the matches), is a fun little modification. Hope you guys get a chance to see it, as there's no idea how long it'll be around for.

Mod Edit: https://twitter.com/GhostbustersSU/stat ... 7445012487
Alphagaia, mrmichaelt, zeta otaku and 1 others liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]