Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By Mercifull
It looks like he's running a competition or raffle soon, based on a post on Facebook, to win a Frozen Empire edition full-sized proton pack. It looks absolutely incredible... which must be frustrating for those who paid and are still waiting. I've no skin in the game here, everything I ever ordered was shipped timely, but it was only small parts nothing like a pack and all the gubbins.

By Dr.D
I gotta say as someone who is only an observer (never had the funds to order from Proton Props as much as I would have loved to in the past) I do not see any logical reason why this dude should be allowed to continue his operation. No amount of excuses can really explain away the complete lack of communication. Period. People are out thousands and this dude can't respond to an email? I've even noticed he's turned off comments off on some of their instagram posts. Shame cause it really does look like they do good work.

I really am curious, would anyone even order a pack from these folks at this point? Or even parts? I tried once to commission a thrower, got one response and then NOTHING. Never spent any money but still even in that small transaction the communication was bad.
OBSIDIAN liked this
By CaptainAssholay
I managed to catch David on Facebook this morning after I saw some other posts he was making. He said he tried contacting me via e-mail but it must not have been going through, I checked my spam folders and nothing showed up. He claims he is trying to reduce communications through his personal Facebook account to separate work and personal life.

He told me plainly that a refund is not possible for the DIY kit as parts were already ordered. When I pushed back asking why he can't just use the parts for another pack, he said "Cost of materials are purchased to cover these things, it’s all very costly on my end."

He said he was going to package up the parts shortly and get it out to me so I can sell it on my own to recoup the costs. We confirmed e-mails and have a thread open about this now for me to communicate with him. He says things are currently busy as he's doing work related to the release of the movie but said he will need a few weeks to get things sorted.

I'm posting this here in the thread to keep things above board and have accountability to show that he has responded, what the result of that will be remains to be seen.
By ALEXV49
At this point, it's clearly proven that this guy is scamming everyone. So obviously he always has a good excuse (health problem, his girlfriend left him, release of the next Ghostbusters, etc.), we know the song.... I got it today on messenger, asking me to send him an email. Of course I won't have any answers like most of the people who trusted him. Last year I had a heated exchange with him, because this man does not accept reproaches, and does not seem to understand that people are frustrated!
Man, I dropped $3,000 two and a half years ago, and still nothing! Just a photo from the first year of my so-called pack, but clearly it wasn't mine. He told me that the pack was almost finished and that he was going to work on the wand. Two and a half years later still nothing. So yes I'm annoyed, but I understand the time it takes to make this object, but where did he see that he could make people wait that long?
Some have been waiting for more than three years!!!! I read on this forum that a person whose pack was finished and ready for shipping, still had nothing six months later, and not a word from them. Isn’t that a scam????
Another thing, this story of winning a Frozen Empire pack is only for publicity, and the winner will never receive anything. I wonder how long it’s been since he took a pack out of his workshop??? I have the impression that he does his business with his acquaintances or people he meets at comic coon type conventions etc.... For others like us, nothing at all. In fact our money was used to start his business.
It's time to be clear-headed, most of us have been robbed, and we will never see the loss of a pack.
I wish this guy would be banned from the entire ghostbusters community, and blacklisted. His attitude is intolerable, and does not deserve to evolve in this area.

So obviously, one of his good friends will come to his aid again like every time, saying that my words are mean, that he's a good guy, etc, etc.....
He clearly no longer has any excuses, and anything that could be said is no longer hearable. In view of what can be read on this forum, it has become completely indefensible.
So to all his good friends, come on, I’m waiting for you! 8)
Brothertutbar, cybertron, OBSIDIAN and 1 others liked this
By Ackbar
GaudinosWheels wrote: March 13th, 2024, 10:31 am Mate, are you saying he’s blocked you??
I can't write him a message via Instagram... could be that he disabled PM in his account in general. I don't believe he blocked especially me because it was my first attempt at Instagram for ages. The fastest responses were via Facebook and therefore I tried it that way. Instagram was a desperate try...
By GaudinosWheels
I have to say, having followed your story with him I think you have been the most wronged.

I’m so sorry but there’s no way the pack was sent to you, was refused at customs and still hasn’t found it’s way to you.

I just cannot believe that and I’m very sorry for what you have had to put up with. I think you have been very patient and very forgiving.
By Ackbar
The pack was really in Germany! I had a tracking number and I was in contact with german customs. But something went really wrong... customs accused the courier and the courier accused customs.
By the way thanks for your sympathy.
By cybertron
ALEXV49 wrote: March 13th, 2024, 11:42 am At this point, it's clearly proven that this guy is scamming everyone. So obviously he always has a good excuse (health problem, his girlfriend left him, release of the next Ghostbusters, etc.), we know the song.... I got it today on messenger, asking me to send him an email. Of course I won't have any answers like most of the people who trusted him. Last year I had a heated exchange with him, because this man does not accept reproaches, and does not seem to understand that people are frustrated!
Man, I dropped $3,000 two and a half years ago, and still nothing! Just a photo from the first year of my so-called pack, but clearly it wasn't mine. He told me that the pack was almost finished and that he was going to work on the wand. Two and a half years later still nothing. So yes I'm annoyed, but I understand the time it takes to make this object, but where did he see that he could make people wait that long?
Some have been waiting for more than three years!!!! I read on this forum that a person whose pack was finished and ready for shipping, still had nothing six months later, and not a word from them. Isn’t that a scam????
Another thing, this story of winning a Frozen Empire pack is only for publicity, and the winner will never receive anything. I wonder how long it’s been since he took a pack out of his workshop??? I have the impression that he does his business with his acquaintances or people he meets at comic coon type conventions etc.... For others like us, nothing at all. In fact our money was used to start his business.
It's time to be clear-headed, most of us have been robbed, and we will never see the loss of a pack.
I wish this guy would be banned from the entire ghostbusters community, and blacklisted. His attitude is intolerable, and does not deserve to evolve in this area.

So obviously, one of his good friends will come to his aid again like every time, saying that my words are mean, that he's a good guy, etc, etc.....
He clearly no longer has any excuses, and anything that could be said is no longer hearable. In view of what can be read on this forum, it has become completely indefensible.
So to all his good friends, come on, I’m waiting for you! 8)
I only see a heritage 84 pack, an 89 pack and Keith Lemons pack as examples here or elsewhere alongside anything he built for display purposes.
Two packs on here in 3 years , anyone who actually receives a pack is not going to be silent, you would want to show it off. But where are they?
We see 2 packs and everything else is ' well i paid money 2 years ago and i don't have nothing'

There is more complaints than glowing reviews.
The venkman heritage uses a macks legacy shell, i'm building towards that myself and i can say it'll take a while to get parts , when building accurate packs you do spend more time waiting for parts to be available and shipping than actually putting the thing together, but at least this way you have something and its not one lump sum , you're in control of it yourself.

But it makes me wonder how his business is even possible, because he sources parts like anyone else, he's buying macks parts, ben of kent , gb fans, freeky geeky, heavy props etc. He is using all the sources that i will use to finish my pack and the same sources anyone else would use for theirs . How much is he personally fabricating himself.
He's taking in a lot of money but if thats to just buy parts i don't think he can make things move quicker than anyone else, in particular he is here in the UK and that means he is ordering most of his stuff from USA.

I mean the simple answer seems to be staring you in the face. That business is not practical or possible.
The only way it would be is if you fabricated and controlled everything and had a team of workers making the parts and another team doing final assembly.

Thats not this guy, it's one guy ordering parts pre-fabricated like you would if you built your own and bolting it all together.
OBSIDIAN liked this
By Ackbar
I got a message from David: My pack will be soon on its way :-D
Ackbar wrote: March 13th, 2024, 3:50 pm The pack was really in Germany! I had a tracking number and I was in contact with german customs. But something went really wrong... customs accused the courier and the courier accused customs.
frankov, StarkMarkV liked this
By frankov
Ackbar wrote: March 14th, 2024, 8:18 am I got a message from David: My pack will be soon on its way :-D
Ackbar wrote: March 13th, 2024, 3:50 pm The pack was really in Germany! I had a tracking number and I was in contact with german customs. But something went really wrong... customs accused the courier and the courier accused customs.
Happy for you - but I'll be even happier when you post pics when it arrives! I saw that David logged in yesterday so I'm sure he's aware of all the recent posts.

I contacted him only twice - once on his website contact form last month, and yesterday on Facebook. I asked for a refund, but haven't received any answers yet. Hope we'll get some updates soon.
OBSIDIAN liked this
By tobycj
cybertron wrote: March 13th, 2024, 11:34 pm Thats not this guy, it's one guy ordering parts pre-fabricated like you would if you built your own and bolting it all together.
It's only aluminium pack parts, a handful of things like clear wand tubes, and real world greeblies (resistors etc.) that David doesn't make in house. Everything else he makes himself, so please check your facts before making factually incorrect statements.
By OBSIDIAN
Mercifull wrote: March 13th, 2024, 4:53 am It looks like he's running a competition or raffle soon, based on a post on Facebook, to win a Frozen Empire edition full-sized proton pack. It looks absolutely incredible... which must be frustrating for those who paid and are still waiting. I've no skin in the game here, everything I ever ordered was shipped timely, but it was only small parts nothing like a pack and all the gubbins.
This looks like a slap in the face to anyone who ordered before Frozen Empire was filmed and still haven't received parts. It didn't take me more than 3 months to build a pack. Most of that time was saving money and waiting for parts. You guys are way too nice.
By cybertron
tobycj wrote: March 14th, 2024, 11:12 am
cybertron wrote: March 13th, 2024, 11:34 pm Thats not this guy, it's one guy ordering parts pre-fabricated like you would if you built your own and bolting it all together.
It's only aluminium pack parts, a handful of things like clear wand tubes, and real world greeblies (resistors etc.) that David doesn't make in house. Everything else he makes himself, so please check your facts before making factually incorrect statements.
You didn't list everything he does not make but consider electronics, metal parts, tubing, crank knob, dry rubs, alice frames, labels, clippards, resistors , it's not a handful he is quiet reliant on many other suppliers, everything is not available at all times.

Take for example the fincher cable...hardly ever gets made, small quantities pop up and get sold in seconds.

If he fabricates shells the thing i wonder about there is that those are not a simple, fast inexpensive thing, i mean even the new frozen empire movie prop makers decided to order macks factory shells...even they didn't fabricate the shell and parts and they are making a hollywood movie and only had 8 packs to make .

My post was pointing to an elephant in the room that you decided to ignore to point out a supposed inaccuracy. The defence you offered took that as a slight and taken personally. I'm not critical of the man but i'm questioning the business.
But i think that elephant is not removed even if i'm inaccurate because a complete product is just as dependant on others as it would be if absolutely everything was made elsewhere , further to that is fabricating is a lot of work ,costs and time.

If he went on dragons den or shark tank they'd all be out and so would i.
By Steelspartan112
There it is tobycj to the rescue. I give you credit for your loyalty but even you have see that your boy has upset quite a few people. Being patient hasn't worked. Being polite and hopeful hasn't worked. Asking questions professionally hasnt worked. Some of us are in the spot where we're out thousands of dollars. So please if you can explain what are we supposed to do/feel?
By tobycj
I'm not defending David's communication, or lack thereof, that wasn't the point I was remotely making, so I'm not getting drawn into an argument with you. Go outside and enjoy your weekend, that's what I'm about to do.
Mercifull, stonecoldrmw liked this
By GBDave904
CaptainAssholay wrote: March 13th, 2024, 8:41 am I managed to catch David on Facebook this morning after I saw some other posts he was making. He said he tried contacting me via e-mail but it must not have been going through, I checked my spam folders and nothing showed up. He claims he is trying to reduce communications through his personal Facebook account to separate work and personal life.

He told me plainly that a refund is not possible for the DIY kit as parts were already ordered. When I pushed back asking why he can't just use the parts for another pack, he said "Cost of materials are purchased to cover these things, it’s all very costly on my end."

He said he was going to package up the parts shortly and get it out to me so I can sell it on my own to recoup the costs. We confirmed e-mails and have a thread open about this now for me to communicate with him. He says things are currently busy as he's doing work related to the release of the movie but said he will need a few weeks to get things sorted.

I'm posting this here in the thread to keep things above board and have accountability to show that he has responded, what the result of that will be remains to be seen.
I messaged him for the first time about my order back on 28 Feb, I ordered a shell+mobo, a set of the alice frame spacers, and the flat ribbon cable clamp back on 4 Nov 2022. Im sort of in the same boat of not awaiting a completed bespoke pack, but just a shell and mobo and a couple random parts I added. I was hoping that wouldve moved the order along a bit quicker (issues aside) but that hasnt been the case. Im still just kind of hanging loose on it...but the FE pack thing irks me a bit and the fact that now its almost instantaneous to get an idealized shell from Mack's Factory (minus his lack of many parts of course) adds to that frustration as well, as I could just order one with the money I spent...or use it towards my upcoming holiday, my car, my legacy pack, etc etc etc... I still hold out hope that he will get his stuff together and try to get people right. Less than I did before though.
By tobycj
Considering David orders most of the parts he doesn't make himself from gbfans his life now just got infinitely harder, and orders will be further delayed. Good one guys.

Also, Kingpin, why is BoK not blacklisted? Just because he replies to emails doesn't mean he's not a shady, lying prick.
By mrmichaelt
tobycj wrote: March 19th, 2024, 2:30 am Considering David orders most of the parts he doesn't make himself from gbfans his life now just got infinitely harder, and orders will be further delayed. Good one guys.

Also, Kingpin, why is BoK not blacklisted? Just because he replies to emails doesn't mean he's not a shady, lying prick.
Send Kingpin a private message listing known grievances against other users and we'll all look it over. The more details the more likely action will be taken.
By stonecoldrmw
Brothertutbar wrote: March 13th, 2024, 5:26 am I've seen that too...... Maybe, I don't know?
Fullfil some of the orders first instead?

Mind you..... If someone wins they probably won't receive the pack anyway 🤦🤣🤣🤣
The pack is built - it looks and sounds great! Take a punt on it - it's a great way of getting a pack for such a small amount of cash upfront!
tobycj liked this
By stonecoldrmw
Kingpin wrote: March 18th, 2024, 7:23 pm I would like to apologise to everyone for the delay in firmer action being taken regarding David.
As of this writing, he has now been added to the forum blacklist, and banned from GBFans.com.
With respect, has any due diligence been done from the GBFans admin team on this or has it just been watching and reading what's been said here?

I would have expected someone from GBFans to at least have reached out to Proton Props direct, especially seeing as GBFans supply a significant chunk of the hardware used on these packs. If items are out of stock on GBFans but Dave is waiting on a delivery, that's not a David issue is it? That's a supply chain issue that means David ends up taking all the heat for.

Not saying his comms don't need to be better, they do. However I also know that he's acutely aware of that and is looking in to how he can implement something to enable better comms.

What would everyone prefer, no progress on packs but great communication?

I know Dave, have gotten to know him more since ordering my pack and I will say that looking at every Tom, Dick or Harry's pack out there, I would rather wait and get one of these, which I have done as I originally ordered in 2022, than get a Ben of Kent misaligned and badly sized piece of garbage - that probably will get lost in customs three times before arriving.

Side note: Why hasn't BOK been banned yet? His trash list is much longer than Proton Props but yet he's still here?
tobycj, Specter Mitcher liked this
By stonecoldrmw
mrmichaelt wrote: March 19th, 2024, 2:56 am
tobycj wrote: March 19th, 2024, 2:30 am Considering David orders most of the parts he doesn't make himself from gbfans his life now just got infinitely harder, and orders will be further delayed. Good one guys.

Send Kingpin a private message listing known grievances against other users and we'll all look it over. The more details the more likely action will be taken.
BOK's record speaks for itself. He should have been banned years ago
tobycj liked this
By Mercifull

Tbh banning from an online store is fairly symbolic. It would be trivial for orders to be made in someone else's name/address etc. I doubt in reality it would make any difference. If anything it's just given him another excuse to tell people ;)
By GaudinosWheels
Classic ‘whataboutery.’

This ban is long overdue and the numbers and stories are stacking up against him.

He can admit all he wants that communication is bad, he’s done nothing about it but the simple fact is this: he takes customers money and doesn’t pay up.
OBSIDIAN liked this
By mrmichaelt
stonecoldrmw wrote: March 19th, 2024, 5:02 am BOK's record speaks for itself. He should have been banned years ago
We'll look into it. If there's any other suggestions, look for a thread in Feedback about the person and post there or post a new thread there if you can't find it. Thanks.
By GBDave904
stonecoldrmw wrote: March 19th, 2024, 4:48 am
Brothertutbar wrote: March 13th, 2024, 5:26 am I've seen that too...... Maybe, I don't know?
Fullfil some of the orders first instead?

Mind you..... If someone wins they probably won't receive the pack anyway 🤦🤣🤣🤣
The pack is built - it looks and sounds great! Take a punt on it - it's a great way of getting a pack for such a small amount of cash upfront!
Id rather have my shell I paid for 16mos ago than gamble more money,but thats just me.
By stonecoldrmw
GaudinosWheels wrote: March 19th, 2024, 5:26 am Classic ‘whataboutery.’

This ban is long overdue and the numbers and stories are stacking up against him.

He can admit all he wants that communication is bad, he’s done nothing about it but the simple fact is this: he takes customers money and doesn’t pay up.
No they don't. It's a handful of people. I know of at least 3 other people who have packs from Dave, as well as 2 who are waiting on packs from Dave, not including myself. We're all complimentary of the pack and acknowledge the length of time it's going to take to complete such an item, especially in light of delays from other suppliers, not just GBFans.

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]