Have you picked up your AMT Ecto-1a model yet? Start a topic in this forum and share your build along with hundreds of others!
Hello! Ive always wanted to build a 1A for myself and since seeing the brass etched parts from PGMS i couldnt help myself find an old AMT kit and splash out on all the extras :)

Here is my list of supplies ive collected so far:-

AMT Ecto-1A kit. Cheap from ebay as it has missing tyres.
PGMS brass etched detail parts
Slaysghost's awesome decal set
Micro set and sol for the decals
Tamiya masking tape
Tamiya spray paints
Cast tyres and hubcaps made by myself from my girlfriends kit.

Heres a photo of everything layed out ready to begin.

I plan on making this a super detailed and accurate model, using all my techniques ive learnt over the years, and hopefully learn a few new ones :)
Last edited by nick-a-tron on January 4th, 2013, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elsoldao7 liked this
By nick-a-tron
Ok, found some time today to make a start on the kit. I thought id begin with the interior as this would mean I could practice with the etched parts and if i messed up they wouldnt show too much on the finished model. Here is the beginings of the rear deck. All brass parts that will be black have been attached and the light grey panels have been sprayed.

By Kingpin
Looking good, I was wondering why the seat had the two-tone pattern to their colour.

Have you added some sort of flock to the carpet areas? They look rougher in texture compared to the boards under the gurney.
By nick-a-tron
Ok work has begun on the body. I began by washing it in warm soapy water and then buffed it with metal cleaning paste so make it super smooth. After another wash I glued on the fins and filled in the join where they meet the body. I then primed the body and buffed it again with the metal polishing paste. Here it is ready for the first coat of white.

Matt Campbell liked this
By nick-a-tron
Little update. Masked off the whole car today so i could spray the chrome paint on. Everything went fine until I went to pull off the tape as it also pulled off the decals. Bugger! Also I had a large patch of silver on the body work where i hadnt masked it off as well as though. At this point i was ready to call it quits on this but decided to carry on.

Luckily the metal cleaner removed the overspray and my girlfriend let me have the decals from her 1A kit as long as i replaced them :)

So here is how its all looking now! Not sure when ill be able to continue with this as from tomorrow all my time will be devoted to shells and SB trays. But a good stopping point for now :)

Kingpin, Matt Campbell liked this
By Kingpin
Looking good Nick. :)

Have you given some consideration to adding roof struts to the inside of the glass? I know it's something that wouldn't really be all that visible once the car's complete, but would break up the solid block of black on the inside of the car windows.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]