By AshleyDark
yes folks it is that critical point where I asked somebody hey what do you think.
So.... What do you think?
this is my first proton pack build and it is going to be nearly 100% 3D printed.
and just to underline a few things I'm doing my version of the proton pack. that out of the way, the look I'm going for is similar to the a afterlife pack but in a way as what would the pack look like in my hands after years of use and potential upgrades that I would make.

included in this first post of what will hopefully be a series of posts is the thrower.
I'm looking for critiques let me know what you think I'll take more pictures of asked.
By tobycj
is your heatsink deliberately rotated 90 degrees? I'm assuming it's a 3D printed one, from that photo it looks like the screws you're using on it might be making the fins splay a bit, so you might want to move the screws so they mount from inside the wand body - this is accurate to the GB1/2 hero throwers.
By l3w1sb159
One thing i would add; if you are planning on a pop mech, are those screws holding the front grip on screwed fully into the barrel? If so that could be a problem, and alternative way could be to mount the grip the same as a normal pack (bolts through the ear in front of the grip and the block behind it) and then just have the heads of the screws on there as faux decoration.
Other than that it's looking very nice!
AshleyDark liked this
By AshleyDark
tobycj wrote: April 13th, 2022, 5:37 am is your heatsink deliberately rotated 90 degrees? I'm assuming it's a 3D printed one, from that photo it looks like the screws you're using on it might be making the fins splay a bit, so you might want to move the screws so they mount from inside the wand body - this is accurate to the GB1/2 hero throwers.
Good eye ! I didn't see that I did that, It will be fixed it
tobycj liked this
By AshleyDark
Thanks!
I'm trying to go with the look of it being haphazardly repaired for years. Thinking I'm going to take off the 3d printed heat sink and use a over sized one from a old graphics card see how it look
By AshleyDark
HAY I did more things, I think I have a good method for doing weathered paint, the 3D printing bumper didn't come out too well so I glued a piece of metal to cover up the sins Against Humanity and tried to make it look like it was welded... did it work dose it look ok?
By AshleyDark
I was laying down going to sleep but I realized I had made a huge error vacuum hose going to from the crank generator to the vacuum line was filled with wires I had to fix it
cristovalc liked this
By AshleyDark
if any one still following this there's going to be delays on any update photos as a family friend that had access to my workshop was mad that I was using the space so he smashed my pack currently still in recovery mode and trying to see if I can save it. it is 3D printed but still a lot of time and a lot of effort just gone. maybe posted pictures of the triage that I'm going to try to do.
By Kingpin
AshleyDark wrote: May 8th, 2022, 11:20 pm a family friend that had access to my workshop was mad that I was using the space so he smashed my pack
The f***? He was mad you were using the workspace in your workshop?

Are you considering pressing charges for destruction of property?

Sorry to hear, Ashley. That's an asshole move by the family friend.
By AshleyDark
Kingpin wrote: May 9th, 2022, 10:36 am
AshleyDark wrote: May 8th, 2022, 11:20 pm a family friend that had access to my workshop was mad that I was using the space so he smashed my pack
The f***? He was mad you were using the workspace in your workshop?

Are you considering pressing charges for destruction of property?

Sorry to hear, Ashley. That's an asshole move by the family friend.
to clarify the workshop is on my property and has been used by my family for years and extended family, I am a passive person I would prefer everyone like me but this has push me a little to far. several death threats and quite a few Trans slurs were thrown at me so upset dose not do it justice. I have had him criminally trespassed from my property even though his stuff is still in my workshop but in Alabama I do not have to give notice and I can literally just throw his stuff away or sell it, there is a good bit of stuff in there that belongs to him "believe me it's requiring a lot of patience from me not to go out there and Break Stuff". I'm currently waiting on him to come back and force his way into the workshop where he'll have him arrested for breaking and entering.
Last edited by AshleyDark on May 10th, 2022, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By AshleyDark
l3w1sb159 wrote: May 9th, 2022, 6:23 am Damn, sad to hear. Hopefully it can be salvaged, I was looking forwards to seeing it finished.

Rule #1 : Do Not f*** with another man's Proton Pack.
repairs are currently underway I just needed a day or two to get over the shock and look at the scope of how bad it was. thankfully its 3D printed and I can reprint the broken pieces which there was only five to which I've saved 2, thank the gods for JB Weld (not sponsored) also using Loctite epoxy for more strength of the areas that have been compromised.

The HGA along with the wand holster took the most damage as he threw it across the room into a wall
the other parts that took a hit was the crank generator and most of the back skeleton 3D print uses for support
the only picture I had before I started working over damage
this does not show the full extent of the damage the cyclotron has been cracked open that's going to require new one I can't fix that, as well as the bumper bar.

patient is currently still on the operating table and I hope to have a update soon.
CitizenBuster liked this
By Kingpin
I'm sorry to read, Ashley... At worst I thought this was a an extreme disagreement between neighbours, but obviously it's far worse than that... Was there a padlock/lock on the workshop?

Stay safe, hopefully the authorities will be able to deal with him soon.
AshleyDark liked this
By AshleyDark
Kingpin wrote: May 11th, 2022, 3:53 am I'm sorry to read, Ashley... At worst I thought this was a an extreme disagreement between neighbours, but obviously it's far worse than that... Was there a padlock/lock on the workshop?

Stay safe, hopefully the authorities will be able to deal with him soon.
as of me posting this I'm doing touch-up paint on the pack to cover up the cracks, an yes I have been informed by local officer that if he comes back on the property he'll be served with a trespass not to violating the rules of this website I will not comment on what I will do if he comes back.
thank you very much for your concern, Ill try my best to stay as safe as possible.
Kingpin liked this
By AshleyDark
I've moved all my prop working material to my kitchen table?! please pass the CA glue?

add bolts to the top of the in filter because I really do like that look more then the weld.
fixed almost all of the damage and I'll disguised it pretty well I've been using Loctite epoxy to help with the strengthening the areas that were damaged, the last thing I want is for it to fall off the motherboard..
wand is all most done as well, https://www.youtube.com/shorts/YQU1XKS6wCU
By AshleyDark
Snooker wrote: May 12th, 2022, 12:36 am
AshleyDark wrote: May 11th, 2022, 9:21 pmImage
i love the hoseclamps on the hose coming from th Gearbox and the Bolts on the N-Filter :twisted:
I don't know where I read it (probably a parts diagram) I've been operating under the idea that hose from the crank box to synchronous generator is a vacuum line that pulls in the super hot hydrogen molecules into this cyclotron.
My movie lore science maybe wrong but that's what I was going for, the hose clamps are there to hole a piece of a braided metal hose embedded inside. the bolts on the infielder remind me of the the small-scale plasma containment cells that I've seen, or (HPA) high-pressure air systems.
Snooker liked this
By AshleyDark
AshleyDark wrote: May 12th, 2022, 6:19 pm
Snooker wrote: May 12th, 2022, 12:36 am

i love the hoseclamps on the hose coming from th Gearbox and the Bolts on the N-Filter :twisted:
I don't know where I read it (probably a parts diagram) I've been operating under the idea that hose from the crank box to synchronous generator is a vacuum line that pulls in the super hot hydrogen molecules into the cyclotron.
My movie lore science maybe wrong but that's what I was going for, the hose clamps are there to hole a piece of a braided metal hose embedded inside. the bolts on the infielder remind me of the the small-scale plasma containment cells that I've seen, or (HPA) high-pressure air systems.
By AshleyDark
AshleyDark wrote: May 12th, 2022, 6:20 pm
AshleyDark wrote: May 12th, 2022, 6:19 pm

I don't know where I read it (probably a parts diagram) I've been operating under the idea that hose from the crank box to synchronous generator is a vacuum line that pulls in the super hot hydrogen molecules into the cyclotron.
My movie lore science maybe wrong but that's what I was going for, the hose clamps are there to hole a piece of a braided metal hose embedded inside. the bolts on the N-filter remind me of the the small-scale plasma containment cells that I've seen, or (HPA) high-pressure air systems.
By AshleyDark
things move at a snail's pace especially when work is taking all my time and sleeping.
this was a done a whim when I was doing the starting the process of setting up the wiring and making sure everything had a home, honestly the power regulator looks kind of cool so it gos on the out side.

that's all the progress as of posting this, waiting on my backboard / motherboard to show up
Last edited by Kingpin on May 29th, 2022, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
cristovalc liked this

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]