Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By ghostfan003
Also found this.

During the scene where Winston is about to get pulled into the slime, I think Harold Ramis accidentally yells "Ernie!" Watch it here at 4:09. :whatever:

By usmcsgt2683
With as much weight that is on both Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A and given the amount of daily calls they were getting I am wondering why we never see them at a gas station. I have always wondered that.
By Hairy Biker
hrdcordweeb wrote:I kind of hear it, but it also sounds like he could be saying "hurry."
I always heard it as hurry but also "Hey Ray" but Egon would never say hey so I'm 100% certian he says hurry
By Coover5
I didn't realize the Ecto-1a is missing a ladder. And even though this isn't the RGB section I'll share this: I never realize how much Ray Stantz changed from shot to shot in the cartoon. All the characters are at the mercy of the people that draw them so they change but it seems especially bad for Ray.
By Troy
After years, and years, and years watching these films - this weekend I just happened to see in Ghostbusters II that, amid Janosz's crazy candle alter around Vigo, underneath a whole shelf of burning candles is a large sign that says, "Highly Flammable, Keep Fire Away." How I've always missed that? No idea.
By ghoulishfright
It just occurred to me: are the Scoleri Brothers supposed to be based on the Blues Brothers and/or the Mario Brothers? Obviously, the Blues Brothers connection would make sense with Dan Aykroyd, and the GB2 screenplay describes them as "big in life, even bigger in death," which sounds like an equally appropriate description of John Belushi. The special effects guy Tim Lawrence was apparently inspired by the Blues Brothers when creating them, and the fat-skinny contrast is definitely something you see with Jake and Elwood... And it's ALSO something you see with Mario and Luigi, who, like the Scoleri Brothers, are supersized Italian-Americans from New York with (basically) matching outfits. And the Mario Brothers were very popular by the late 80's, so it makes me wonder...
Sav C liked this
By ccv66
I'd scratch the Mario brothers, probably went into production before the release of Mario brothers 2, not much Luigi pop culture untill the later games. I could see the blue brothers though
By ghoulishfright
Yeah, the Mario thing is probably more of a coincidence, but I do find the parallels amusing.
By Kingpin
I'd say less "probably" and more "definitely" a coincidence. If they'd been intended to be a homage to the Super Mario Brothers, I think there would've been obvious cues to that.
By RichardLess
Kingpin wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 1:28 am I'd say less "probably" and more "definitely" a coincidence. If they'd been intended to be a homage to the Super Mario Brothers, I think there would've been obvious cues to that.
Like having Nintendo parts pilot the Statue of Liberty? Or having Louis reference the game outright?

No. I'm pretty sure I read that the brothers are based on a couple of dudes who robbed Harold Ramis's father store. Or something like that.

Something cool the script had and even went into the making of the Scoleri head pieces was that they were to shout Italian swear words at the GB's. The script also had them shooting lightning bolts or energy bolts from their fingers. The FX people were annoyed that they put all this work into doing lip sync servos and gear into the design and then Ivan changed the concept during editing.
By Glow in the Dark
I noticed last night that as Ray is entering the place for the birthday party he has a trap on his belt, but not when he's actually in the house. Then when he leaves he has the trap again. Also I think the only reason he'd have a trap is so the audience would think he's actually going in to bust ghosts.
RedSpecial liked this
By BRD 527
Glow in the Dark wrote:I noticed last night that as Ray is entering the place for the birthday party he has a trap on his belt, but not when he's actually in the house. Then when he leaves he has the trap again. Also I think the only reason he'd have a trap is so the audience would think he's actually going in to bust ghosts.
I think that has to do with the extrior being filmed in NY and the interior being filmed in LA
Kingpin liked this
By Peter Venkman Jr.
The biggest how did I miss that for me, was that Dana wore Peter's over coat when she went to the Museum to get Oscar. Also during my last couple of times watching GB2, I am amazed that the two firefighters fighting in the background after the failed attempt by the Ghostbusters to get inside the Museum escaped my notice for so long. I did mange to spot Ivan Reitman walking past the firehouse, just before Janine talking to the customer on the phone (A big thank you to Paul Rudolph of Spook Central for mentioning this). I also noticed during a viewing last night, a man in a Santa Claus suit opposite the firehouse as the new sign in being installed, and the candles at the Museum on top of a cabinet with a flammable materials sign.

PS: What happens to the Giga Meter during the tunnel investigation? We see Egon take some scans, and he is still holding it after the severed head encounter, and the ghost train passing through the tunnel yet it seems to disappear during once he enters the hole leading into the Van Horne station.
Last edited by Peter Venkman Jr. on September 22nd, 2019, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Winston1986
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: September 11th, 2019, 4:39 pm The biggest how did I miss that for me, was that Dana wore Peter's over coat when she went to the Museum to get Oscar. Also during my last couple of times watching GB2, I am amazed that the two firefighters fighting in the background after the failed attempt by the Ghostbusters to get inside the Museum escaped my notice for so long. I did mange to spot Ivan Reitman walking past the firehouse, just before Janine talking to the customer on the phone (A big thank you to Paul Rudolph of Spook Central for mentioning this). I also noticed during a viewing last night, a man in a Santa Claus suit opposite the firehouse as the new sign in being installed, and the candles at the Museum on top of a cabinet with a flammable materials sign.

PS: What happens to the Giga Meter during the tunnel investigation? We see Egon take some scans, and he is still holding it after the severed head encounter, and the ghost train passing through the tunnel yet it seems to disappear during once he enters the hole leading into the Van Horne station.
I always just assumed he lost the Giga Meter in the river of slime.
By Matt Campbell
In Ghostbusters II during the old train tunnel scene when the staked severed heads pop up surrounding Winston, Egon & Ray, at first they all have their hard hats on and then there’s a brief second where there’s a quick shot of the 3 of them circling around the heads screaming and Winston’s hard hat is gone, and then there’s a close up reaction shot of Winston and his hat is magically back on his head and stays there for the rest of the sequence. Just noticed that during the last time I watched that flick the other day.
By ghoulishfright
GhostFaceX wrote: November 26th, 2021, 9:31 pm I forgot where exactly, but I'll find it again.. but in one scene in GB2 Ray has two cigars sticking out of the arm sleeve on his suit.
Yes, I believe in the "Suck in the guts, we're the Ghostbusters" scene... I find it funny that GB2 was aimed more towards kids, and they got rid of the incessant cigarette smoking seen in the first film, but Dan Aykroyd just didn't give a f***, and he smokes -- not cigarettes -- but big, fat cigars in multiple scenes. I wonder if the censors were more tolerant of cigars for some strange reason.
By ghoulishfright
Not sure if this was intentional or not, but it just occurred to me that the name Oscar (aside from being a brand of hot dogs) is also the name of the Academy Award, so in Ghostbusters 2, they are literally fighting over an Oscar! Vigo wants an "Oscar," and almost gets it, but in the end, it's the Ghostbusters that "win" Oscar. And we even see them pose with their beloved Oscar on their big night:

And for most of the movie, Oscar is wearing a yellow/golden outfit, so he even looks like the Academy Award.

So it doesn't matter what the critics say, Ghostbusters 2 is technically an Oscar winning film. Suck on that, Roger Ebert!

(Incidentally, in 1989, Max von Sydow who voiced Vigo was competing for a second Oscar, for his leading role in a film entitled Pelle the Conqueror. So he technically lost out on two Oscars that year... Bummer.)
By One time
GB2

The reason Venkman goes crazy when photographing Vigo and tries to get an emotion response out of him is because he knows the slime is a psycho-reactive substance and he thinks it will help the investigation.

That's why that "photoshoot" is so charged. He does it on purpose.

It’s weird how so much of what Venkman does is with a reason, that isn’t immediately obvious. He’s always 2 steps ahead.
By Winston1986
ghoulishfright wrote: November 29th, 2021, 1:14 pm Not sure if this was intentional or not, but it just occurred to me that the name Oscar (aside from being a brand of hot dogs) is also the name of the Academy Award, so in Ghostbusters 2, they are literally fighting over an Oscar! Vigo wants an "Oscar," and almost gets it, but in the end, it's the Ghostbusters that "win" Oscar. And we even see them pose with their beloved Oscar on their big night:

And for most of the movie, Oscar is wearing a yellow/golden outfit, so he even looks like the Academy Award.

So it doesn't matter what the critics say, Ghostbusters 2 is technically an Oscar winning film. Suck on that, Roger Ebert!

(Incidentally, in 1989, Max von Sydow who voiced Vigo was competing for a second Oscar, for his leading role in a film entitled Pelle the Conqueror. So he technically lost out on two Oscars that year... Bummer.)
Oh my gosh! I have seen Ghostbusters 2 several times since I was a kid in the 90s and didn't notice til you posted it here that Venkman has a sword in the painting. Now thinking of it, him having a sword makes him too different from the rest of them in that painting. Also Lol at what you said about Oscar being a nod to the award. Which reminds me I somhow never noticed til a few years ago that Winnie the Pooh was on Oscar's pajamas. And now thinking of it, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh started the year before Ghostbusters 2 came out. Coincidence?
By gerard55
I never realised how wrecked the props for the proton packs were sitting on the table in the courtroom when the judge is flipping his lid. The wand barrel looks virtually detached from the gunbox. Presumably stunt foam rubber versions in some scenes?

By robbritton
Guys, I managed to mishear a line from GB2 for 32 years and thus miss an entire joke. I always thought Ray said, "You want the baby? Go ahead and knock up some willing hell hound!". Because of that mishearing, I somehow autocorrected "knock up" into "knock together" to mean "conjure up" - so in my head, the intent of that line has always been: "you're going to need to go and get a super terrifying monster if you want to get through us to Oscar".

It was only this morning it was pointed out to me that Ray is literally telling Vigo to go and have sex with a dog.

The more you know.
By Kingpin
It only just clicked while looking at this shot of the New York skyline that the buildings have been flipped from left to right (The Chrysler Building is just visible at the far left, it should be standing to the right of the Empire State):

This view would only be possible if Peter's apartment lay north of the northernmost part of Central Park (however we know it's not north of the park, as the reverse views feature the Twin Towers).

Here's the fixed orientation:

mrmichaelt liked this

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]