Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
deadderek wrote: September 25th, 2021, 12:33 pm What makes a spoiler ok to post and what makes one not? Asking for some clarification.
I think the bar's now set at:

Okay: The Gunner seat, RTV, etc.

Not okay: Bill Murray in uniform, and maybe today's spoiler.

And I guess there's technically a third category: wasn't okay but now is: such as the kids being in uniform.
I think they're boiling it down to if the spoiler is absolutely in the general public's attention then it's okay, but if it's not then no? I suppose it wouldn't be a spoiler then?

What's the point of spoiler tags if you can't talk about spoilers and if they're not spoilers if everybody knows about it then-

deadderek, Corey91 liked this
pizzarat wrote: September 25th, 2021, 9:35 pm Did anyone see this make the rounds today? It could amount to nothing, but it's fun to speculate if it was actually written by the cinematographer.

Finally maybe we'll get on screen confirmation if the 1 & 1A were the same or different vehicles.
zeta otaku, Sav C liked this
Theory: Ecto-1A was too top heavy to make the drive from NYC to Oklahoma so he took it apart for car parts for the Ecto-1. Then sold the shell on eBay for traveling funds.
Coming soon! More Funkos that will be from Baskin-Robbins!

I know I'll be getting them!

pizzarat liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: September 26th, 2021, 2:13 am So little of this merch is washing up on UK shores as of yet.

The Target exclusive Minipuft with matches I guess won't ever show up here.
Sorry to hear that. It seems international fans get left out on a lot of the good stuff. :(
I have a theory:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Wafflerobot, Sav C liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: September 26th, 2021, 2:13 am So little of this merch is washing up on UK shores as of yet.

The Target exclusive Minipuft with matches I guess won't ever show up here.
Same here mate. The hasbro figures front up in speciality stores, 8 Hasbro Wrectos just showed up in a local CD shop on Thursday.
As for everything else I either need to troll the net or face ebay prices.
Kingpin wrote: September 25th, 2021, 5:19 pm
deadderek wrote: September 25th, 2021, 12:33 pm What makes a spoiler ok to post and what makes one not? Asking for some clarification.
I think the bar's now set at:

Okay: The Gunner seat, RTV, etc.

Not okay: Bill Murray in uniform, and maybe today's spoiler.

And I guess there's technically a third category: wasn't okay but now is: such as the kids being in uniform.
I was going to do this but I’ll check with you first before anything gets out of hand. Can I make a thread where I specifically lay out in the title like: “**WARNING**: MAJOR **SPOILERS** FROM GHOSTBUSTERS AFTERLIFE DISCUSSION”. Obviously sharing copyright images and screenshots is a no no but would it be ok to create a separate thread just to discuss all the things that will be popping up soon?
timeware wrote: September 25th, 2021, 9:37 am All kidding aside I really don't want to see drug use being promoted into a movie that a large portion of kid's are going to be seeing. If we can get by with a vague easter egg on a ciggarette box with the Belushi Farm logo on it that's something that the kid's won't notice.

Even though Ray's smoking habit's have been observed in the last two films' I don;t think that or even vaping will be shown since the target audiance is the family friendly crowd. Again, I could be wrong and be completley blowing smoke. Pun intended.
Where did this idea come from that simply showing something happening is “promoting it”. These parents let their children watch super hero movies where people die constantly and are murdered but god forbid they see someone smoking a cigarette! Like…Tony Stark straight up murders people as Iron Man. Is that promoting murder? Heck no it’s just a silly movie. So how is showing someone get high or smoke a cigarette “promoting it”?

There’s nothing more annoying than “will someone please think of the children!”. They can go watch fluffy bunnies skip down rainbows in the latest Pixar movie. This movie is rated PG-13. That’s plenty old enough to see some drugs getting used. Personally if this movie had the balls to show someone Finn Wolfhards age hanging out with friends & smoking a joint, ya know, like actual teenagers do, I’d applaud that. I really would. It would be a real genuine moment. Somehow this notion came along that Ghostbusters should be family friendly to the point of being neutered. Those first two movies are intense! The first one has a lot of swear words, sexual innuendo and everyone smokes like a chimney. And it’s friggin awesome! The first movie feels gritty and real & borderline rated R. Who doesn’t love that cigarette hanging on to Ray’s lip for dear life when Ray first sees Slimer? That’s a great moment. It’s human.

One of my favourite moments in anything is in the movie Poltergeist. It doesn’t involve ghosts or special effects. It’s just the two parents laying in bed at night, talking, while Steve tries to roll a joint & fails so Diane takes over and they start smoking. They aren’t pot heads. It’s not used as a joke. It’s just a real moment between two adults doing what adults do. I love stuff like that. Anything that adds a verisimilitude to a movie is a good thing.
deadderek, seekandannoy liked this
My two cents regarding spoilers. If you decide to use a spoilertag, let us know what the spoiler is about. Give it a title.

For instance, the spoiler Dave posted could be phrased like this.

Spoiler regarding certain character image:
That way the people who decide to click the spoiler at least know what they are clicking on instead of it becoming a lottery and perhaps click on a spoiler they didn't want to know.
deadderek, Wafflerobot, pizzarat and 2 others liked this
Using spoiler tags to hide spoilers from those who don't want to see them? Egads!

Richardless, you're one of the better voices of reason around here. I think an actual spoiler thread would be awesome!
Corey91 liked this
So I don't know now if I need to spoiler this or not because it's just speculating...
RichardLess wrote: September 26th, 2021, 3:52 am I was going to do this but I’ll check with you first before anything gets out of hand. Can I make a thread where I specifically lay out in the title like: “**WARNING**: MAJOR **SPOILERS** FROM GHOSTBUSTERS AFTERLIFE DISCUSSION”. Obviously sharing copyright images and screenshots is a no no but would it be ok to create a separate thread just to discuss all the things that will be popping up soon?
I've added that to the message I set AJ yesterday but still waiting to hear back from him. As soon as I get word from him I'll post in this thread.

I'm sorry about the frustration this is currently causing. I appreciate some members do want a "no-holds-barred" discussion on anything coming out of the movie, whilst others want to be able to discuss the movie with only seeing the small spoilers. I'm hoping that we'll have a final decision ASAP so that the rest of the time between now and November can go smoothly.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
Just adding my two worthless cents on this "now with more spoiler flavor" discussion.

If that thread happens, maybe make the first THREE posts in there giant warnings for those who MAY accidentally click on the wrong spoiler thread to have a bit of a buffer and plenty of warning. Overkill? Yes, but then there's ZERO excuse if they continue READING said thread and get mad.
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
auldeffects wrote: September 25th, 2021, 11:59 pm I think the original 3, Ray, Winston, Peter, will show up in the 1A in the last 20mins to save the day. It will provide a dramatic contrast with the new kids in the old vehicle, while the old guys show up In the newer vehicle.
I know Ray's Occult was in the last trailer, but after all the earlier "will Afterlife ignore GB2" talk, I think it will be hilarious if they show up in the 1A, which acknowledges GB2 in the biggest way possible.

But on the other hand as much as I love the 1A, part of me wants to see a third car (or maybe a modified 1A) that we haven't seen before, perhaps something Ray had worked on that never got to be used. (Also, if the three of them really arrive together in one car, then I demand a fourth movie that's just about their 24 hour road trip.)
Dr.D wrote: September 26th, 2021, 1:15 pm Uh...for those not following...the Ecto 1A does not exist anymore...it was converted into one of the Wrecktos.
So we have been told.

But eh, even if it did, a little CGI is all it would take to return it to it's former glory if it's just for a few shots.

Or they shot those before they converted it.
Sav C liked this
Ecto24601 wrote: September 26th, 2021, 12:50 pm Can someone send me the link to the Mini Puft reveal clip with the correct aspect ratio please? Thank you!
Here you go:

Alphagaia wrote: September 26th, 2021, 1:38 pm But eh, even if it did, a little CGI is all it would take to return it to it's former glory if it's just for a few shots.
Given how much has been practically filmed I'm not convinced Jason would bring in a CG 1A.
Alphagaia wrote: September 26th, 2021, 1:38 pmOr they shot those before they converted it.
That also seems unlikely... If there's any weight to the fan speculation the '1A prop has been resurrected, I'd imagine it'd been done after the location filming... It'd seem a substantial cost to clean and repair '1A, only to then rip all that work down to turn it into a Wrecto. IF the production has restored '1A, it'd be after the bulk of the filming had been done.
Alphagaia, Ecto24601 liked this
For reasons I can’t quite understand or explain; seeing the Ecto 1A or at least having it addressed is one of the things I desperately want this film to include.

And there’s no good reason for me feeling that way but if it is in the film it’ll be delighted.

Pretty sure it won’t be but I for one am hoping it’s in there.
pizzarat, Sav C, Wafflerobot liked this
Dr.D wrote: September 26th, 2021, 1:15 pm Uh...for those not following...the Ecto 1A does not exist anymore...it was converted into one of the Wrecktos.
It didn't exist before GB2 either. They built the farmhouse for this movie (not to mention the Ecto-1 which is not the original car), I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they could build a new 1A for a few shots. Or something similar to the 1A but not exact, which could easily be explained by them changing it after GB2.

Everything becomes easier to explain if it's two separate cars. It never made sense (within the movie timeline) that they would turn the 1 into the 1A but then back again, and assuming they arrive with their own equipment, it's the easiest way for the OGs to arrive.
pizzarat, Wafflerobot liked this
starang11 wrote: September 26th, 2021, 3:00 pm
It didn't exist before GB2 either. They built the farmhouse for this movie (not to mention the Ecto-1 which is not the original car), I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they could build a new 1A for a few shots. Or something similar to the 1A but not exact, which could easily be explained by them changing it after GB2.

Everything becomes easier to explain if it's two separate cars. It never made sense (within the movie timeline) that they would turn the 1 into the 1A but then back again, and assuming they arrive with their own equipment, it's the easiest way for the OGs to arrive.
Ever since I was five I've thought 1A is a different car. If we get to learn that 1A has always been a different car at the expense of the original orange 1984 plates being on the original (and not the white ones we saw at the beginning of GBII), that alone will make me "very excited, and very pleased".

Off the top of my head, the references/connections to GBII that we know about so far... the toaster, Ray's Occult, Cannibal Girls poster at the local theater, and now what happened to 1A... am I missing any? The mood slime was such a memorable part of that film that I bet we'll see it in the background of Afterlife... or even the second logo patch or slime blower pieces. In my opinion anything at all from II just adds another layer of coolness to the GB mythology for the teens to learn about.
It's 2021. Unless you stay 100% offline, spoilers (intentional or not) are going to happen. It's shitty but it's reality.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]