Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Has anyone brought up the possibility Callie is not Egon's daughter, and instead Elton is his son, and Callie and Elton are the parents of Phoebe and Trevor? Perhaps, Callie's only relation is by marriage.

Given Oliver Cooper's superficial resemblance to Harold Ramis, Callie's blonde hair (vs. the kids' dark hair) and seeming lack of knowledge about Egon, I'd say there's a good chance this might be the actual connection.
deadderek, OtherBill, Corey91 and 2 others liked this
Davideverona wrote: June 11th, 2021, 11:01 am
deadderek wrote: June 11th, 2021, 10:00 am July 26th is my guess for the next trailer.

So for those in the United States, a bit of exciting news:

The Stay Puft Marshmallows by Campfire are NOT a Walmart exclusive. They're going to be making their way to other retailers soon. :D
Are you guessing or are you 😉 guessing 😉
Of all the "secrets" I know about Afterlife, that's sadly not one of them. Not yet anyways. Working on it.

My guess is based on:

The August 1st listings on Amazon. There's a lot of them for that day, which to me says something will happen to put GB:Afterlife in people's minds. What else could be happening right before that?

If not GB Day, what the hell hype would these August 1st dates be waiting for?

From what I've seen Sony appears to like to drop trailers on Mondays.

So "August 1st for merch" plus "Sony likes Mondays" as well as my thought of "well a bit later in summer makes sense" = July 26th to me.

Then again with all the spread out and delayed dates for merchandise and everything else...who knows?
Last edited by deadderek on June 11th, 2021, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davideverona liked this
#$%& wrote: June 11th, 2021, 11:36 am Has anyone brought up the possibility Callie is not Egon's daughter, and instead Elton is his son, and Callie and Elton are the parents of Phoebe and Trevor? Perhaps, Callie's only relation is by marriage.

Given Oliver Cooper's superficial resemblance to Harold Ramis, Callie's blonde hair (vs. the kids' dark hair) and seeming lack of knowledge about Egon, I'd say there's a good chance this might be the actual connection.
I posted a Variety article some days ago who said: "the father she didn't know".

Callie is Egon's daughter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanity ... t-look/amp
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
deadderek wrote: June 11th, 2021, 1:30 pm
Davideverona wrote: June 11th, 2021, 11:01 am

Are you guessing or are you 😉 guessing 😉
Of all the "secrets" I know about Afterlife, that's sadly not one of them. Not yet anyways. Working on it.

My guess is based on:

The June 1st listings on Amazon. There's a lot of them for that day, which to me says something will happen to put GB:Afterlife in people's minds. What else could be happening right before that?

If not GB Day, what the hell hype would these August 1st dates be waiting for?

From what I've seen Sony appears to like to drop trailers on Mondays.

So "June 1st for merch" plus "Sony likes Mondays" as well as my thought of "well a bit later in summer makes sense" = July 26th to me.

Then again with all the spread out and delayed dates for merchandise and everything else...who knows?
You know, if those secrets are a burden I'll gladly help 😁
deadderek liked this
Hey now I shared the Hostess Twinkies Muncher site with you early didn't I?
Davideverona liked this
I posted a Variety article some days ago who said: "the father she didn't know".

Callie is Egon's daughter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanity ... t-look/amp
Doesn't immediately turn down the idea of her being related to Elton tho.
deadderek, pizzarat liked this
Most articles say "the father she never knew."

While it's a bit of a copout to do it, it could be referring to Oliver Cooper's character's father being Egon. Saying "the father-in-law she never knew" doesn't really seem right to me either though.
deadderek wrote: June 11th, 2021, 4:06 pm These will be 2 categories on the quiz show "Jeopardy" this week:
Lol...Sony does produce Jeopardy.

Back on May 26th, they had a category about "Fictional Game Shows" and I immediately said to my brother Ogre "No chance that 'The Devil to Pay' is gonna be in there."

Well...
Fictional Game Shows For $800 wrote:On an episode of the cartoon called "The Real" this group, Ray & Winston play "Race the Devil"; Venkman is in the audience
I suspect we might see more of that as they release date gets closer.
Kingpin, robbritton liked this
#$%& wrote: June 11th, 2021, 11:36 am Has anyone brought up the possibility Callie is not Egon's daughter, and instead Elton is his son, and Callie and Elton are the parents of Phoebe and Trevor? Perhaps, Callie's only relation is by marriage.

Oliver Cooper was born December 1989 and Finn Wolfhard was born December 2002. That does not eliminate your idea but it does require a bit of age fudging for the characters which is not unusual but I'm not sure Finn passes for that young or Oliver passes for that old.

That being said, I am intrigued by the idea Elton is Egon's son. Perhaps Egon is the father callie didn't know and the father elton did know. He is and looks young enough to be a post-gb2 Egon offspring.
You can tell we're running out things to talk about when people are bringing up that actors don't always play the age they are in real life. Also do we have any confirmation that Elton is officially his characters name?
deadderek wrote: June 11th, 2021, 5:14 pm You can tell we're running out things to talk about when people are bringing up that actors don't always play the age they are in real life. Also do we have any confirmation that Elton is officially his characters name?
::glares at the Batman discussion a few pages back:: Yeah, NOW we're out of things.
Kingpin, deadderek liked this
The June 1st listings on Amazon. There's a lot of them for that day, which to me says something will happen to put GB:Afterlife in people's minds. What else could be happening right before that?

So "June 1st for merch" plus "Sony likes Mondays" as well as my thought of "well a bit later in summer makes sense" = July 26th to me.

wait...what did I miss on June 1st? Did merch drop last tuesday?
Corey91 wrote: June 11th, 2021, 7:19 pm

wait...what did I miss on June 1st? Did merch drop last tuesday?
Ah shit I meant August 1st.
gbraider82 wrote: June 12th, 2021, 1:26 pm
Alphagaia wrote: June 12th, 2021, 12:50 pm I envison Shandors Mine logo to be a bunch of seagulls.
I thought it was a triangle with two snakes wrapped around a sword like object. Maybe I just imagined it. I thought it has been posted before.
No.
No no no no no.
No.
You are gravely mistaken.
It looks very much like this:

HA! I did find a shirt though. Will order it next month and will probably wear it to the premiere on opening night.

Wondering if they will have various pictures from the 3 movies and cast during the ending credits. I wouldn’t mind the beginning either but that doesn’t follow the first two movies.
Kingpin wrote: June 12th, 2021, 5:31 pm
gbraider82 wrote: June 12th, 2021, 1:26 pm I thought it was a triangle with two snakes wrapped around a sword like object. Maybe I just imagined it. I thought it has been posted before.
It sorta was. It's an S with a very stylised M atop it:

Thanks man! Yeah a simple google search or amazon lead me to it. Not much on wearing gb logo or character stuff…but this is a little different.
I saw yesterday that the Rocky IV Directors Cut is also going to be released in theaters on Nov. 11. I joked with my wife since she is a huge Rocky fan that she would probably ditch me to go see that as we had planned on seeing Afterlife together. We were going to have a babysitter that night but maybe she can go take him to see that instead as he's seen it a few times.
pizzarat liked this
gbraider82 wrote:MAN! Why are things so dead?

Was thinking yesterday, obviously Dana's apartment building will be verbally referenced in the film but I wonder if they will show some old blue prints of it somewhere near the mine or in town or via research. What do you think?
That's possible. That or they find a different set of plans, and Ray recognizes the specifications as being strikingly similar to that of Spook Central.
BatDan, Kingpin, Corey91 liked this
That would be awesome if Ray used his elemental knowledge to break down the physics of the Mine.

Speaking of which…I’m sure this has been pointed out before…but why the eff has Dan been so silent?

For the last 20 years he never shut up about Gb3 and now that we kinda have one coming out..he’s become like an old Jedi hermit. Maybe he is legally restraint to close lips? Which wouldn’t make much sense since he’s kinda the “co owner”

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]