Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Situation is pretty static at the moment. Everything indicates a November theatrical release, I think it's very close to being a lock.

If you can't make the theatrical run due to health concerns, that sucks but the digital release may not take as long as it did pre-COVID, depends on how things shake out.

We had a few Afterlife news items trickling out weekly throughout April, can't be too long before we get something new. I'm revising my original prediction... I think a new trailer on Ghostbusters Day is very likely 4-ish months out as it will run in theatres throughout Summer.
deadderek liked this
I'm going to lock the thread for now. The current climate is not conducive for constructive conversation. Not just tonight, but lately in the past month, users have been getting overly snippy with each other. Not all the time, but enough for it to be noticed. I will discuss things in private with the other moderators as to how long to keep the thread locked and any further actions that need to be taken. Thank you.
Kingpin liked this
Trailer 2 on Ghostbusters Day is what I'm hoping for the most. Which reminds me being next month I need to put in to have the day off from work. :)
SpaceBallz liked this
The thread has been reopened. Take note that posts from last night/this morning's incident have been deleted or edited. Any further derailment of this thread will result in suspensions from the forum. The increasing amount of moderator action in the past months have necessitated the penalty to expand to suspensions. Users should not try to assume the role of a moderator and instead report a post or user and/or send a moderator a private message then wait for a response (do not continue posting, it is best to log out as past situations have demonstrated continuing to engage does not work). Moving forward, a reminder to all users to please do not use any kind of name calling even if it is not towards other users here and do not abuse the like and dislike feature as part of an ongoing conversation. Please be kind and constructive with each other, knowing we don't all have the same kind of living situation and opportunities in the many cities we all call home. Don't feed the river.
I'm caught off guard by that June 11th. Did they not get the memo about November or was there a confirmed push-up? Or is it none of the above?
Last edited by Kingpin on May 8th, 2021, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Content removed on request by Ghost Corps
I love the "Does the marshmallow man have bones?" debate.

Personally my opinion if he had bones then we'd see them when he exploded in GB1, I'd like to think that supernatural entities wouldn't require a skeleton to help them move around. I think that toy/model that was for sale showing half the marshmallow man was just for funsies.
groschopf, Davideverona, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: May 7th, 2021, 2:19 pm I love the "Does the marshmallow man have bones?" debate.

Personally my opinion if he had bones then we'd see them when he exploded in GB1, I'd like to think that supernatural entities wouldn't require a skeleton to help them move around. I think that toy/model that was for sale showing half the marshmallow man was just for funsies.
Neh, don't think the original Puft had bones. They planned it, but dropped the idea. However, I feel them specially showing him being made of multiple Mini Pufts isn't just for fun. I also don't think this Puft is as big as the one from the first movie, given the size of the Mini Pufts shown in the image. The spine could be a callback to the original design and script idea, but it could also be introduced in Afterlife because of that.
The skeleton wouldn't be there to be functional, it would be there to be scary when they burn away the Marshmallow.

But we will see!
SpaceBallz wrote: May 7th, 2021, 2:19 pm I love the "Does the marshmallow man have bones?" debate.

Alphagaia wrote: May 7th, 2021, 3:23 pm Neh, don't think the original Puft had bones. They planned it, but dropped the idea. However, I feel them specially showing him being made of multiple Mini Pufts isn't just for fun. I also don't think this Puft is as big as the one from the first movie, given the size of the Mini Pufts shown in the image. The spine could be a callback to the original design and script idea, but it could also be introduced in Afterlife because of that.
The skeleton wouldn't be there to be functional, it would be there to be scary when they burn away the Marshmallow.
I could see it being on the surface level a nod for the hard core fans with the discarded skeletal concept but within the movie itself, hmm, what if (and if this is a localized psychokinetic animated event), all the objects animated by the impending crossrip event (presumably) like the Mini-Pufts or the skeleton wendigo ghost thing each in essence are imbued with a part of Gozer's energy and they all merge into one in an attempt to fulfill the ritual and amalgamate in order to reconstruct its Destructor Form? The latter provides the skeleton to the new body. So we may see a new version of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

EDIT: Eric Reich got back to me and clarified that Reitman and co.'s November 20, 2020 posts about the "final mix" being done meant, "lock on mix was done (picture, mix, scoring). Color was not done and other very minor finishing details like final credits lock were not completed by that day."
Davideverona, Alphagaia liked this
First official Ghostbusters: Afterlife t-shirt spotted at EB Games Canada!

Davideverona, Kingpin, Sav C liked this
Hey guys I received a message from Eric telling me the shoes weren't supposed to be revealed yet and to please take down posts about them while they work on getting the listing and pictures removed. So mods could you please remove my posts about the shoes on here please as well.

(I can happily send along screenshots if you wish to verify the messages with Ghost Corps)
deadderek wrote: May 8th, 2021, 11:07 am Hey guys I received a message from Eric telling me the shoes weren't supposed to be revealed yet and to please take down posts about them while they work on getting the listing and pictures removed. So mods could you please remove my posts about the shoes on here please as well.

(I can happily send along screenshots if you wish to verify the messages with Ghost Corps)
Wow, it has to be an incredibly horrifying living hell trying to manage the merchandise of Ghostbusters Afterlife. Was it a misunderstanding from Reebok part?
deadderek, Sav C liked this
timeware wrote: May 8th, 2021, 5:41 pm there were articles on the news feed about it. Cat's already out of the bag, or ghosts already out of the trap. Take your pick.
Doesn't matter to me. When Ghost Corps asks me to take stuff down I do.
Sav C liked this
timeware wrote: May 8th, 2021, 5:41 pm there were articles on the news feed about it. Cat's already out of the bag, or ghosts already out of the trap. Take your pick.
Agreed. The genie is out of the bottle. It's not like the photo appeared on a random Instagram page. It's plastered all over the internet by now. Other than the suggestion that mood slime makes an appearance in this movie, it doesn't really spoil anything. Also, those shoes are hideous and I wouldn't be caught dead in them.
deadderek wrote: May 8th, 2021, 6:19 pm
Doesn't matter to me. When Ghost Corps asks me to take stuff down I do.
Do what you think is right. Still though if Ghostcorps would put out a pair of sneakers with just the logo and the ability to play the theme song as you walked I'd shell out for a pair. Just sayin. Even if the images are deleted we can't unsee those shoes. Lol.
It's about limiting the "damage" that was already done. The less posts the less it's seen, etc etc. Not sure what's hard to understand about that.
Kingpin liked this
deadderek wrote: May 8th, 2021, 11:07 amSo mods could you please remove my posts about the shoes on here please as well.
Done and done.
JonXCTrack wrote: May 8th, 2021, 6:49 pmAgreed. The genie is out of the bottle. It's not like the photo appeared on a random Instagram page. It's plastered all over the internet by now.
Be that as it may, as we exist in a delicate state of grace with Sony, I'm inclined to follow Ghost Corps' request.
JonXCTrack wrote: May 8th, 2021, 6:49 pmOther than the suggestion that mood slime makes an appearance in this movie, it doesn't really spoil anything.
I don't believe in this instance that's it's to do with any plot spoilers, I figure it's because there was a set reveal date Sony was shooting for, which was blown by someone jumping the gun/leaking them unintentionally.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
My understanding is the article was set up to auto-publish on a certain date/time. If you read it, it said the movie was still coming out in June. Whomever was in charge likely didn't notice/know.

It happens.

Let's talk about something else. So eventually we gotta figure there'll be a nice 4k box set with the 3 movies...personally I'm hoping for more deleted scenes from Ghostbusters 1.

Seeing the footage that was shown at Fan Fest was awesome, hoping we get to see at least some of what else was found!
Sav C, Kingpin liked this
Sorry if this has already been spoken about 500 pages is a long thread to go back through.

I'm watching the latest RGB episode on GB youtube, S02E01 Knock, Knock. Subway workers digging tunnels happen upon a Sumerian doomsday doorway that accidentally gets opened and ghosts escape. They go through the door to close it and come across what appears to be a well of souls like in the Afterlife trailer when Phoebe looks like shes on the edge of a drop and a big ball of golden light that looks like it has writhing souls in.

I wonder if Jason took some inspiration from the cartoons and I wonder if one or all of the Ghostbusters will sacrifice themselves to close the doorway for good.
deadderek, philmorgan81, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
TheLegendOfMart wrote: May 9th, 2021, 1:06 am Sorry if this has already been spoken about 500 pages is a long thread to go back through.

I'm watching the latest RGB episode on GB youtube, S02E01 Knock, Knock. Subway workers digging tunnels happen upon a Sumerian doomsday doorway that accidentally gets opened and ghosts escape. They go through the door to close it and come across what appears to be a well of souls like in the Afterlife trailer when Phoebe looks like shes on the edge of a drop and a big ball of golden light that looks like it has writhing souls in.

I wonder if Jason took some inspiration from the cartoons and I wonder if one or all of the Ghostbusters will sacrifice themselves to close the doorway for good.
I don't think there will be any sacrifice from the OGs. There already one soldier down and I think that will be the focus. I believe it will just take the collective efforts of the OGs and Kids to save the day. :):):)

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]