Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Krenzy wrote: April 21st, 2021, 7:21 pm The question also becomes how long can a ghost stay inside a trap without being deposited into the containment unit, as Grooberson seemingly releases the ghost outside the school building. We know there's a ghost inside the trap at school, and the fun question of when was it trapped is still in the air.
There's a few shots in the trailer of Grooberson trying to charge the trap with automobile jumper cables. So that I think that means the traps have a battery of some sort.
I did not see a jump start action in the trailer; remember the trap cable is different in this movie so the long cable on the hood is likely the trap cable.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, I'd appreciate the education and some fun conversation about the trailer. :)
seekandannoy liked this
I believe it's still open for interpretation but this is what they are refering to
groschopf wrote: December 12th, 2019, 3:21 pm Is Paul Rudd trying to use a car to jumpstart the ghost trap or the other way around?

Looks like he's grounded a set of jumper cables on the trap handle and hooked the hot clamp to the pedal cord port.

Kingpin liked this
Krenzy wrote: April 21st, 2021, 8:35 pm I did not see a jump start action in the trailer; remember the trap cable is different in this movie so the long cable on the hood is likely the trap cable.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, I'd appreciate the education and some fun conversation about the trailer. :)
It's hard to see, but there's two cables going to the trap on the car, one near the handle. it's at 1:57 of the trailer.
Bison256 wrote: April 21st, 2021, 8:47 pm
Krenzy wrote: April 21st, 2021, 8:35 pm I did not see a jump start action in the trailer; remember the trap cable is different in this movie so the long cable on the hood is likely the trap cable.

It's hard to see, but there's two cables going to the trap on the car, one near the handle. it's at 1:57 of the trailer.
Hmm. I'll rewatch it, because the red that you see on the far left doesn't look like an jumper cable to me, rather maybe the top of a distant building or vehicle? The black one I kind of see, unsure if it's matrixing though, but the other thing to consider is the hood is down on his car, so how/why is it being jumped? I mean, we could argue that he closed the hood of his car, but the trap is not exactly a large item, he could keep it under a popped hood.
I rewatched it and I'm dismissing my far off building suggestion, but I don't see it as a red cable clamp. Possibly a book or folder/folio? It's hard to know with such a tiny image. I still don't (personally) believe he's jumping the trap. The cable looks like the trap cable, and the lack of a popped hood kills that feeling to me.
Krenzy wrote: April 21st, 2021, 7:21 pm The question also becomes how long can a ghost stay inside a trap without being deposited into the containment unit, as Grooberson seemingly releases the ghost outside the school building. We know there's a ghost inside the trap at school, and the fun question of when was it trapped is still in the air.
It's the ghost from Ghost, courtesy of Peter Griffin.

I just listened to GB Dutch Decision Podcast about GB101, and at the end they were surprised about the Mini Puft Video that was released just after recording and did a reaction about it.

Long story short: they noticed the Mini Puft doing a T2 thumbs move, but also suggested that Mini Puft doing a loogie is from the Goonies, and the handsome Puft next to it is either Jeff Goldblum from JP or Rose from Titanic doing that exact pose.

I can't believe I didn't see it, but now I can't unsee it.

This got me thinking, are the other Pufts referencing movies in that scene as well? If so, can we find out which ones?
Timo liked this
Alphagaia wrote: April 21st, 2021, 11:56 pm I just listened to GB Dutch Decision Podcast about GB101, and at the end they were surprised about the Mini Puft Video that was released just after recording and did a reaction about it.

Long story short: they noticed the Mini Puft doing a T2 thumbs move, but also suggested that Mini Puft doing a loogie is from the Goonies, and the handsome Puft next to it is either Jeff Goldblum from JP or Rose from Titanic doing that exact pose.

This got me thinking, are the other Pufts referencing movies in that scene as well? If so, can we find out which ones?
The Mini Puft climbing on the side of the barbecue is referencing the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man climbing on Dana's palace in Ghostbusters.
Alphagaia liked this
Alphagaia wrote: April 21st, 2021, 11:56 pm

Yeah the day it came out all those were noticed. It's pretty neat.
I remember we talked about the T-2 move in this thread,but not about the other movie references.

Any idea if the tumbling Pufts and the two skewered ones are a reference to something?

Mine was Hatchet 2 for the two Pufts being lifted, In that film it's done via a huge chainsaw, but I'm hoping there is a better one, if there is one, as it's quite obscure.
Coover5 wrote: April 21st, 2021, 8:44 pm I believe it's still open for interpretation but this is what they are refering to
groschopf wrote: December 12th, 2019, 3:21 pm Is Paul Rudd trying to use a car to jumpstart the ghost trap or the other way around?

Looks like he's grounded a set of jumper cables on the trap handle and hooked the hot clamp to the pedal cord port.

Maybe the trap is running out of power so he's trying to keep whatever's inside to stay inside. By using his car battery?
Alphagaia, RedSpecial liked this
joezlo wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 10:31 am Somebody mentioned the containment unit being an xfactor - 5 proton packs says it was transported to summerville & NYC is completely out of the picture.
That would be wiser than keeping a device that once blew up under the team's sleeping quarters and in the middle of most densely populated city in the United States.

I always thought showing the team use an abandoned Sunoco station in New Jersey for temporary storage after the first film would have been good. Can't imagine the city of New York would be in hurry to write the Ghostbusters a permit for a second containment unit after the failure of the first, even if they're an essential service. But sending deep storage out to the middle of nowhere (with apologies to Oklahoma) makes sense. Very "NIMBY."
joezlo wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 10:31 am Somebody mentioned the containment unit being an xfactor - 5 proton packs says it was transported to summerville & NYC is completely out of the picture.
Maybe, but moving something like the containment unit seems implausible to me. And if the containment unit is there, why is there a ghost still in a trap that is also hidden?
Krenzy liked this
pizzarat wrote:
Maybe, but moving something like the containment unit seems implausible to me. And if the containment unit is there, why is there a ghost still in a trap that is also hidden?
We're assuming that in Ghostbusters 2, the ECU was still located in the Firehouse. We don't actually know that to be the case. In the Hellbent script, the few pages that we get, there is a temporary facility at the Firehouse, but ultimately the ghosts in the temporary facility are transferred to a permanent location off-site.
groschopf liked this
Davideverona wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 3:09 pmhttps://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/mov ... 3famp=true

They're really counting on Bill to promote the movie!
Yeah, all these articles/posts with Annie Potts, Ernie Hudson, and now Bill Murray singing the film's praises doesn't move the needle for me. If they didn't like what they saw, would they really say it publicly? I doubt it very much.
Davideverona wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 3:51 pmAnd we didn't heard jack from Aykroyd, who should be joyfully foaming from the mouth.
Dan babbling excitedly about the movie doesn't really carry the weight it used to after him talking excitedly about a third movie for so many years.

What carries a lot of currency is seeing the other actors talking excitedly about it - though it is a valid point that they could be contracted to speak positively of the film.

Though I'd like to believe that they're speaking from the heart.
Dr.D, Davideverona, deadderek and 1 others liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 3:35 pm
pizzarat wrote:
We're assuming that in Ghostbusters 2, the ECU was still located in the Firehouse. We don't actually know that to be the case. In the Hellbent script, the few pages that we get, there is a temporary facility at the Firehouse, but ultimately the ghosts in the temporary facility are transferred to a permanent location off-site.
Remember that short scene during the end credits when they arrive with two smoking traps and hand them to Janine? I think it's pretty safe to assume the ECU is still there.
Kingpin, Sav C, Corey91 liked this
It’s so hard for me not to be angry at Bill. Don’t get me wrong, I love the guy. I do. But he is the only reason we never got one last movie with Harold. Then Harold dies & now this is his 2nd appearance in a Ghostbusters film since he died.
Reading Violet Ramis’s book...it was a hard read during the Murray parts. There’s a lot of anger & pain there.

So while I love seeing him excited about the movie and it gets me excited about the movie. There’s this thing in the back of my brain that just is also really pissed off at how he treated Harold(and Dan & Ivan to a lesser extent).
devilmanozzy, Kingpin liked this
Bill does seem more into it than he usually is when he goes on this tupe of show. Must be partly because he can do it from home. I remember about 10 years ago when he showed up on Lettermen in a winter coat and shorts. I think he might have been slightly drunk too.
RichardLess wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 5:44 pm It’s so hard for me not to be angry at Bill. Don’t get me wrong, I love the guy. I do. But he is the only reason we never got one last movie with Harold. Then Harold dies & now this is his 2nd appearance in a Ghostbusters film since he died.
Reading Violet Ramis’s book...it was a hard read during the Murray parts. There’s a lot of anger & pain there.

So while I love seeing him excited about the movie and it gets me excited about the movie. There’s this thing in the back of my brain that just is also really pissed off at how he treated Harold(and Dan & Ivan to a lesser extent).

Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to think maybe Bill had a bit of a "wake-up" moment and maybe it was Harold's death. I'd like to think maybe he does carry some guilt and maybe he's doing this as a way of honoring Harold's memory. Bill is a man who because super fast relatively fast. I'd imagine 99% of us would probably get an ego and probably do some stupid things over the years. I think all of us in this community, or at least those of us who have been around long enough to remember, can honestly say the Bill Murray watching that clip of a tiny Stay Puft is not the same guy who used to almost visibly cringe when people would bring up Ghostbusters. Sure I could be a bit naïve, but I don't think at his age Bill would be doing this for any reason other than sincere admiration for Harold and what he, what they created together.

I think it was Winston Churchill who said "If I can change, you can change"
Sav C liked this
I always felt Bill had a real love for Ghostbusters and was hurt by the changes the studio enforced on Ghostbusters II.
I mean hes only ever done 1 (now 2) sequels his entire career.
He used to watch Real Ghostbusters with his sons.
He did the parody in Zombieland (plus the Scream Awards)
He and Dan Aykroyd both put on the uniforms for one of the dream fulfilment charities.

I think what ever happened on Groundhog Day put him in a funk about Harold and maybe the franchise. Honestly we don't know what happened there, its between Bill and Harold. But they fixed that. And yeah I agree I think this is Bill trying to help his soul on what went down. But he genuinely appears to love the franchise and what hes seen for the third film.

None of us really know what goes on in Bill Murrays head. We view him in clips and movies. Thats not enough for us to draw any conclusions.
But hey its fun to talk about.
Timo liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 3:37 pm
Davideverona wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 3:09 pmhttps://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/mov ... 3famp=true

They're really counting on Bill to promote the movie!
Yeah, all these articles/posts with Annie Potts, Ernie Hudson, and now Bill Murray singing the film's praises doesn't move the needle for me. If they didn't like what they saw, would they really say it publicly? I doubt it very much.
Yeah, I can kinda understand your reasoning here. The clip I saw felt heavily edited and Bill saying those exact words was a bit to perfect to say at that point, but that's to be expected from a promotion reel. I have no doubt they watched it five times and used his best reaction, instead of his first reaction.

That being said, I completely understand the need of these promotional clips. They might be staged, but so is most of the interviews and stuff we get spoon-fed.

Isn't necessarily a bad thing, just showbiz. I can understand that kind of thing doesn't win some people over, while a scene/trailer from the movie itself can be a much better way to gauge your interest.

Personally, I thought it was to short. Let Ivan and Bill talk a bit longer about the scene. It lets the clip breath a little and gives a bit more insight about their honesty of the reaction.

In short: great idea, but the execution could have been better as it felt to brief of an reaction.

Also, why hasn't Bill seen the entire movie yet when Ernie has????
I saw Bill literally inches from my nose at the Rome Film Festival in the fall of 2019. We were dressed with packs and uniforms (I'm in the Ghostbusters Italia group). He let out a powerful and genuine laugh and said: "Hi guys, I think you know I'm doctor Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters founder. We're hiring if you're interested!!"

That was magical, better than any teaser trailer. His enthusiasm was here.... and was genuine.
Alphagaia, Kingpin, Hairy Biker and 7 others liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]