Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I know that Ernie wouldn't say: "well, that was pure sh*t" but out of all the old crew he seems the most sincere.
When the reboot came out he was the first to say that something was wrong. Then thw the studio made him correct his words... But his first response was flat out what he was thinking.

So I believe him. And I believe in Jason. Since the first announcement, his passion for the franchise percolated from every word he said/tweeted.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
Davideverona wrote: April 19th, 2021, 1:10 am I know that Ernie wouldn't say: "well, that was pure sh*t" but out of all the old crew he seems the most sincere.
When the reboot came out he was the first to say that something was wrong. Then thw the studio made him correct his words... But his first response was flat out what he was thinking.
I want to recommend we should stop making up reasons that fit our own narrative.

For instance, one could also reason he was thinking that because he didn't get any money from a reboot, until he did and everything was suddenly fine.

But let's not open that well again as for both sides it's easy to twist the meaning of his actions to fit their believes and all it does is pit us against each other.
tylergfoster liked this
I'm not twisting anything, I just said what I though hearing him speaking about both movies.

It's not a coincidence that, after 2016,he came back to his original version saying "it was not what the fans wanted".

And now he's really happy to be back to his old character, it's pure joy seeing him so proud.
deadderek liked this
He definitely backpeddled on 2016 you can tell. I feel bad when you watch interviews around that time and the body language suggests the O.G.'s didn't have their heart in it.

But that's 6 years ago, time to move on indeed.

This is a good sign hearing it from Ernie himself. Genuine enthusiasm for Afterlife.
Kingpin, SpaceBallz liked this
Sav C wrote: April 16th, 2021, 1:37 pm
Kingpin wrote:Ghostbusters 3: A study in sheer bloody patience.
"Can they see us?"

"No. They think they're here for a movie premiere. We've kept them waiting for two and a half hours and I've been gradually increasing the temperature in the theater. It's up to ninety-five degrees at the moment. Now one of my ushers is asking them if they'd mind waiting another half hour."
Audience starts throwing popcorn...
"Oh, good. Very good. Very, very nice."
I’d like this 99 more times if I could.

Best post in this entire thread. I tip my hat to you sir
Kingpin wrote: April 16th, 2021, 3:07 pm
"Let's see what happens when we take away the movie."
And here’s Kingpin bringing it home. *chefs kiss*

Excellent. Just excellent.
Davideverona, Alphagaia, robbritton and 2 others liked this
Davideverona wrote: April 19th, 2021, 1:46 am I'm not twisting anything, I just said what I though hearing him speaking about both movies.
What you are twisting is that you are claiming the studio forced him to back down on his opinion, instead of him changing his opinion because he was now part of the movie when at first he wasn't. There is no way of knowing which is true, but both explanations coincide with what we think of the reboot, either positive or negative, instead of what Hudson is actually thinking of the reboot.

In short: You claim he was motivated by disliking the movie untill the studio forced him to say he was for it, when I say he was motivated by money and being part of a new GB movie, and both explanations coincide with the facts, just explained differently.

So let's not jump to conclusions so you have a chance to openly drag the movie through the mud again, because how it feels to me, and that's just inconsiderate/ unnecesary at this point.
tylergfoster liked this
Davideverona wrote: April 19th, 2021, 1:46 am I'm not twisting anything, I just said what I though hearing him speaking about both movies.

It's not a coincidence that, after 2016,he came back to his original version saying "it was not what the fans wanted".

And now he's really happy to be back to his old character, it's pure joy seeing him so proud.
You’re twisting his words by assigning a preconceived idea about what you think happened. You have no idea that the studio asked him to change his mind. He’s not a robot. People are able to change their minds about something without it being nefarious or forced.

Look at Bill Murray & Ghostbusters 2. He didn’t want to do it, changed his mind—promoted the movie—and then years later came out & said his piece.
Guys want to take it to the 2016 board?

Go beat deadhorses over there.

Let's focus on Afterlife.
Last edited by deadderek on April 19th, 2021, 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia, Kingpin, groschopf and 1 others liked this
<looks at posts since my last one> Record time, gang.

Remember everyone that ATC is still a hot button topic and as deadderek suggested, this thread is better suited with just focusing on Afterlife and we should still refrain from comparing it to the other most recent movie. I understand that we're starved for promotion and over-analyzing is part and parcel here at GBFans, but let's not look too deep into the innocuous things like a short sentence of praise tweeted from Ernie Hudson on a Sunday.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to disagree with anyone and have a live conversation by trading posts within minutes, but please let's remember to try and be a little more positive and constructive when we converse with each other. Don't feed the river.
Alphagaia, Davideverona, deadderek and 3 others liked this
Let's talk about something less controversial. How about religion and politics? If the pope ran for president would he...

only kidding.

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE

Besides the movie itself, what about GHOSTBUSTERS AFTERLIFE are you most excited about? The toys? The Food? The commercials? Or is it something you hope will happen like comics?

The thing I know will happen that I'm excited about is the toy commercials. I always loved toy commercials. Even for toys I didn't want. It's fun to see the 30 second stories they tell with the figures, playsets, dolls etc. What I'm hoping for is a trading card series based on the film.
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
Defenitely the toys, but that's also because I love playing Ghostbusters with my kid. Or without him.

I'm also looking forward to a new cartoon of series, something to watch and enjoy on a regular basis. A game also fits those needs and if it can be co-op so my kid can play along great. We are playing Luigi's Mansion together and it's so much fun. At first all he can do was walk around and now he grabbing ghosties left and right so much he wanted to have a go at the GB:Videogame again. The two stick thing is a little to hard for him though, so I'm hoping a new game will have easier controlls for him.

New music is also something I'm looking forward to!
I want that Muncher Fright Features figure.

I'm also hoping the film has a good half dozen or so new ghost designs besides Muncher / Slimer, Terror Dog, Stay Puft.

I'm looking forward to any easter eggs from RGB or any elements from it they can make canon.

And obviously I hope it's an amazing movie that lives up to the legacy, and maybe leads to a sequel where the new team head back to an urban or NYC setting for a fresh story in 2024/5?

Then the new Netflix spin-off series, animated series, open world videogame.... did I get carried away?
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: April 19th, 2021, 3:24 am
I'm also hoping the film has a good half dozen or so new ghost designs besides Muncher / Slimer, Terror Dog, Stay Puft.
I badly want some new ghosts besides them. Aa much as I love the movies I always felt there should be more ghosts outside of the montages.
Coover5, Kingpin liked this
deadderek wrote: April 19th, 2021, 3:41 am
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: April 19th, 2021, 3:24 am
I badly want some new ghosts besides them. Aa much as I love the movies I always felt there should be more ghosts outside of the montages.
Trouble is, those are expensive to make, especially as puppets. Since this is movie wasn't very expensive to make I think there are only 2-3 reveals left, with one big bad reveal and 2 minor ghosts reveals.
deadderek liked this
Alphagaia wrote: Trouble is, those are expensive to make, especially as puppets. Since this is movie wasn't very expensive to make I think there are only 2-3 reveals left, with one big bad reveal and 2 minor ghosts reveals.

I'd take 2-3 fresh ones.

If the unseen ghosts are Slimer, Skele-Puft and Gozer's form then I will be slightly disappointed (but still happy tbf).

Mild, unsubstantiated spoiler...
There was a leak of a creepy looking ghost though right? It looked kinda like a Leshen from Witcher 3.
Alphagaia liked this
Two thing's i'll be dissapointed with: If Rita makes the monsters grow. I think it would be over kill if we have the mini puft's and giant Stay Puft. If Ecto Cooler is advertised in the film and we don't get it.

What i'd love to see are the stay puft brand marshmallows be released for a limited time. The ones seen in the reveal trailer. Has Baskin mentioned anything about Ghostbusters flavors?
This I'm most excited for related to the film? The toys. The role play toys, specifically!

Two reasons: 1) cheap source for sound and light kits for smaller projects! (I have a Tainted Love pack that needs a full rework and an IDW proton pistol I wanna use at some point)

2) One of my friends is going to be having a kid this July, so I plan on collecting this stuff to bestow upon the child when they're old enough. Boy or girl, this kid is gonna be drowning in geek culture... much to the mother's dismay (listen... listen... she knew what she was getting into. On the surface their relationship is your average 'head cheerleader marrying the football star' story... but he's also the biggest nerd I know XD )
timeware wrote: April 19th, 2021, 12:11 pm Two thing's i'll be dissapointed with: If Rita makes the monsters grow. I think it would be over kill if we have the mini puft's and giant Stay Puft. If Ecto Cooler is advertised in the film and we don't get it.

What i'd love to see are the stay puft brand marshmallows be released for a limited time. The ones seen in the reveal trailer. Has Baskin mentioned anything about Ghostbusters flavors?
1. Stay Puft branded marshmallows are coming from Campfire.
2. There leaked out 2 flavors that were supposed to be tie-in flavors to the Ghostbusters Afterlife brand.
[Mod Note: First paragraph removed by mrmichaelt, please do not disregard in-thread warnings]

It is wild to me how much the aspect ratio affects the feel of that clip.

On Twitter today, some junk movie news site posted a poorly-researched article that listed comedian Gregg Turkington as the voice of Muncher, which is kind of amusing. Turkington, who is part of a comedy show called "On Cinema" with Tim Heidecker, has been Tweeting Muncher jokes since the character first showed up on that TV show awhile ago. Not really news, but amusing to me.
Report a post and leave it to the moderators instead of replying, please and thank you.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: April 19th, 2021, 4:45 am There was a leak of a creepy looking ghost though right? It looked kinda like a Leshen from Witcher 3.
That's correct, a decomposing/skeletal donkey ghost was seen at an event. It's somewhere in this thread.
deadderek liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: April 19th, 2021, 6:31 pm Report a post and leave it to the moderators instead of replying, please and thank you.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: April 19th, 2021, 4:45 am There was a leak of a creepy looking ghost though right? It looked kinda like a Leshen from Witcher 3.
That's correct, a decomposing/skeletal donkey ghost was seen at an event. It's somewhere in this thread.
It was seen at the Halloween Horror Nights GB attraction...
deadderek wrote: April 19th, 2021, 6:46 pm It was seen at the Halloween Horror Nights GB attraction...
Yes, that's it. Thanks, couldn't remember it off the top of my head.

This was the entity in question if anyone's still fuzzy, not sure if that's an official name or just the editor assigning a name:
https://halloweenhorrornights.fandom.co ... kull_Ghost

And a brief shot of it in this recording, right before 3 minutes in (https://youtu.be/tUSvErLyQcU?t=172)
RedSpecial, deadderek liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: April 19th, 2021, 5:20 pm On Twitter today, some junk movie news site posted a poorly-researched article that listed comedian Gregg Turkington as the voice of Muncher, which is kind of amusing. Turkington, who is part of a comedy show called "On Cinema" with Tim Heidecker, has been Tweeting Muncher jokes since the character first showed up on that TV show awhile ago. Not really news, but amusing to me.
Wait... that's Paul Rudd's manager from Baskin Robbins in Antman.

And that's [checks notes]... Neil Hamburger?! Whhaaatttttttt... I saw that dude perform at the Doug Fir a few years back. Never put the two together until right now.

Now I'm imagining Muncher coughing crap up a lot.

https://youtu.be/pnfFKZ0WrjQ
I heard they're using a remix of the "techno syndrome" theme for the new Mortal Kombat movie and not using the original version at all, the remix is a dubstep thing and it just doesn't sound the same.

So, I'm hoping that they don't use yet another remix of the GB theme and 100% stick to the original. Don't fix what ain't broken. I know this will get boiled down to me being part of the "member berries" group but I gotta stick to my guns on this one.
deadderek, Alphagaia liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: April 20th, 2021, 12:12 am I heard they're using a remix of the "techno syndrome" theme for the new Mortal Kombat movie and not using the original version at all, the remix is a dubstep thing and it just doesn't sound the same.

So, I'm hoping that they don't use yet another remix of the GB theme and 100% stick to the original. Don't fix what ain't broken. I know this will get boiled down to me being part of the "member berries" group but I gotta stick to my guns on this one.
I don't know. I'm hearing a lot of the original score. Maybe they think that the theme song reminds too much of the original gang while this movie is about introducing the new generation. I wouldn't be surprised if the theme song pops up at the end of the movie, while the original Ghostbusters ride into the sunset.
deadderek, Alphagaia liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]