Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
pizzarat wrote: February 21st, 2021, 3:18 pm
timeware wrote: February 20th, 2021, 11:42 am What I don't want is a forty minute character intro. I'd like the movie to start off with the kids moving in, then finding the trail of Ghostbusters clues that leads them to Egon's lab. Did anyone see this yet? This made my day today!
I believe it was implied that the trailer constitutes the first forty minutes of the film or so.
I thought it was the first 15-20 minutes
I have contracted Covid a year ago and am still suffering from the side effects, especially low stamina. Not being able to sleep for three weeks sucked, but fighting sleep while driving sucked even more. That was so unexpected and dangerous, had to turn the airco to polarsettings and smack myself just to say awake. Nowadays I always keep a few cans of energy drink with me for emergencies but I avoid long driving sessions. That's just weird I have to worry about that and plan around it.

There are days I'm spend when it's only 11.00 and doing exercises are problematic.
Luckily it's getting better, so it doesn't seem permanent, but trying to work and staying focused is hard.

Heck, couldn't even watch a movie without falling asleep, so at least that's one personal benefit of the delay: by the time the movie actually comes out I've recovered enough to actually stay awake during my most expected movie since 2016.
pizzarat wrote: February 21st, 2021, 7:41 pm
metallijosh wrote: February 21st, 2021, 7:33 pm I've given up. I don't think it's ever going to come out now. It was all a ruse to sell some merchandise. All they filmed was the footage for the trailer, everything else has been a lie!
Hey, slow down. Chew your food.
I've been chewing for thirty one years now!
deadderek liked this
Anyone else find it odd none of the merchandise (at least so far) uses the title Ghostbusters: Afterlife on it?

It all just says Ghostbusters and has the Afterlife specific No-Ghost logo.

Just seems really strange to me.
Hairy Biker wrote: February 21st, 2021, 10:57 pm
pizzarat wrote: February 21st, 2021, 3:18 pm

I believe it was implied that the trailer constitutes the first forty minutes of the film or so.
I thought it was the first 15-20 minutes
If that's the case, it's even better! Just imagine what we haven't seen yet. That "pass the proton pack" trailer has gotta be released soon.
Absolutely nothing has been confirmed, just assumed.
devilmanozzy, Alphagaia liked this
timeware wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 11:58 am Not really all that strange. Many ATC products used the regular Ghostbusters logo for advertising without refrencing ATC.
Well, it was simply called "Ghostbusters". That was and for the most part still is the 2016 movie's name. Not "Answer the call".

Ghostbusters: Afterlife is saddled with the double task of both introducing the new characters and concepts, while also trying to reintroduce elements from the first and maybe second films. Not a easy undertaking. Though thanks to the pandemic they are being allowed more time to try to build a marketing plan.

Believe it or not, there are many people that have never seen any of the Ghostbusters films and cartoons. At Community Connect 2020 a three day event hosted by Fandom, while many knew "of" ghostbusters, they never watched the films, only knowing it for the theme song. The 20 somethings (most of the 60 people there were in their late 20's) didn't have much of knowledge of the films. Which to me might suggest Sony has to work to meet the modern audience and might need to ignore our fan needs a bit and aim for new fans. Cause big films need large audiences to have a chance for success.
Alphagaia liked this
The UK Prime Minister announced earlier today that the plan for the release from our current lockdown will ideally see drive-in cinemas reopening from the 12th of April, and standard cinemas and theaters reopening from the 17th of May.

Given the aim is to have all adults vaccinated by the 31st of May, this seems a little overly-optimistic/unrealistic at the moment. :/

Whether this happens is subject to the country meeting four tests for each of the four stages of lockdown release (the cinemas are in stage 3 of the 4-stage plan).
pizzarat, deadderek, RedSpecial and 2 others liked this
Dr.D wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 6:47 pm Anyone else find themselves in the frustrating position of being considered "essential" enough to be back to work but not enough to get vaccinated?
Yes, I'm only 19 so I won't be eligible to be vaccinated until September. I'm in the last part of phase four (out of four phases), but might get bumped up to the later part of phase three if "additional vaccines are approved and become available."
Last edited by Sav C on February 22nd, 2021, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm holding out hopes for senior citizen action figures of the remaining Ghostbusters.
Davideverona, Corey91 liked this
Looks like New York will be opening up theaters to 25% capacity in March, this is kind of a big deal since vendors look mainly at NY and L.A. theaters. Afterlife might keep it's November release.
deadderek, Alphagaia liked this
Alphagaia wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 2:22 am I thought UK opening up is still only partially and under servers regulations to see if they can open up in full?
The UK "road map" isn't an immediate opening of everything... And it's subjective to each of the four steps/stages meeting certain criteria before we can move to the next step/stage... But the outline has the proposed outcome of indoor cinemas, theaters and music venues opening up (not to 100% occupancy but still) opening before we've reached the target for having (most of) the adult population vaccinated.

And my concern is that seeing as we rushed a little recklessly into the last couple of unlockings (which is what lead to the plan for families to meet up at Christmas being cancelled), that we're just going to make the same mistake again.
Oh come on, it'd be totally unlike Boris Johnson to make populist choices over scientific ones and endanger us all unnecessarily. *bangs head against desk forever*
RedSpecial, Alphagaia, Sav C and 2 others liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: February 24th, 2021, 12:12 am Sad to learn Cinefex is ending. One of the best movie publications there will ever be.
https://twitter.com/cinefexNOW/status/1 ... 0490682369

And y'know... no Afterlife issue. :(
The GB II issue is nothing short of amazing. That's the best resource for "making of" information for that movie until, perhaps, the second part of Cleanin' Up the Town is released in the near future.
Sav C, deadderek, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
If the movie ever comes out do you know what I'd like to see? A in universe documentary about the ghostbusters, a Ken Burns style mockumentary that gives the history of the ghostbusters talks about what happened after 1989. Imagine it: Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and Anne Potts siting in a comfortable upper class chair explaining various things intercut with unused movie footage and Photoshoped photographs and footage of the actors from the 90s through 2010s talking about how they meet, made it big, broke up, what they did in the 90s and 2000s, how they found out about the events in Summerville and helped save the day. The only down side is they'd likely out right ignore the video game and there would be no room to pretend it happened.
deadderek, Dr.D, Alphagaia and 2 others liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: February 24th, 2021, 12:12 am Sad to learn Cinefex is ending. One of the best movie publications there will ever be.
https://twitter.com/cinefexNOW/status/1 ... 0490682369

And y'know... no Afterlife issue. :(
Yeah, this one stings. Cinefex has some pretty tight ties to GB! Founder/publisher Don Shay was good friends with Michael Gross going back to the 60s. Michael even designed the hardcover proto-version of Cinefex in 1969, and the design never really changed much. Once the GB production fired up, Gross brought in Shay to write the Making Ghostbusters.
Bison256 wrote: February 24th, 2021, 11:45 am If the movie ever comes out do you know what I'd like to see? A in universe documentary about the ghostbusters, a Ken Burns style mockumentary that gives the history of the ghostbusters talks about what happened after 1989. Imagine it: Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and Anne Potts siting in a comfortable upper class chair explaining various things intercut with unused movie footage and Photoshoped photographs and footage of the actors from the 90s through 2010s talking about how they meet, made it big, broke up, what they did in the 90s and 2000s, how they found out about the events in Summerville and helped save the day. The only down side is they'd likely out right ignore the video game and there would be no room to pretend it happened.
I wouldn't put it past this movie to include scenes like that, when Phoebe investigates her lineage after Grooberson shows some vids on YouTube.

It feels the right amount of tease with new material while withholding the actual reveal.
I can see Ray doing the podcast circuit as a Bob Lazar-esque figure talking about the team's past, something which has fallen into obscurity and downright people denying it. I know the notion of the general public disbelieving the Ghostbusters is already been played but given our current cultural climate I wouldn't put it past people to be polarized on the subject.

I'd laugh if they insert the real life podcast Akryoyd did with Joe Rogan.
Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]