Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
mrmichaelt wrote: February 5th, 2021, 5:42 pm
Alphagaia wrote: February 5th, 2021, 2:18 pm The silence is telling! :vinzclortho:
My strategy of using Michigan slang to get him to open up was a fail. :walterpeck:
No gents, I am not a Funko employee.
Paco wrote: February 5th, 2021, 7:03 pm
deadderek wrote:I work for one of the most hated companies in the U.S.

I WISH I worked for Funk.
Halliburton? Or Bank of America?
Wow. That's all I'll say on that. :O

So anyways I asked Eric (Ghost Corps) about the alleged Lego sets and he said they're full of it and "I WISH we had multiple lego sets coming."
deadderek wrote: February 5th, 2021, 7:14 pm"I WISH we had multiple lego sets coming."
That could be interpreted as there being potentially one more set that hadn't been released yet.

If Afterlife does get one further set, I'd imagine it's equivocal to the 2016 set and/or the original Cusoo/Ideas set: Wrecto-1, with minifigures of the kids and probably Muncher.
Kingpin wrote: February 5th, 2021, 7:52 pm
deadderek wrote: February 5th, 2021, 7:14 pm"I WISH we had multiple lego sets coming."
That could be interpreted as there being potentially one more set that hadn't been released yet.

If Afterlife does get one further set, I'd imagine it's equivocal to the 2016 set and/or the original Cusoo/Ideas set: Wrecto-1, with minifigures of the kids and probably Muncher.

I think multiple means more than one, not two, in this context, and we already have Wrecto-1, so that's very probably it from LEGO.

Sad, but it's an awesome set, so also hooray for being awesome?
Heads up, for those who weren't able to snag one in stores, the Kenner Ghost Popper is once again available to order online:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Only-At-Walm ... /759758080

(Apologies if this is the wrong thread. I couldn't find the original ghost popper thread, and this one is the most popular.)
zeta otaku liked this
I'd say he's related to Sheriff Domingo but I changed my mind.
I bet Celeste character is related to Domingo and when he find out that she's into ghostbusting he'll initially be upset, antagonising Grooberson, then when disaster strike he'll lend a hand.

Winston? Maybe he'll be the one who gets called and he'll call the others.
janeb984 wrote:I had a random thought about Winston. He is high up in the billing. Ernie says his character will have a complete story. What if we find out he is related to Shandor or someone deep in the cult of Gozer? That'd be a plot twist!
LOL! That would certainly be a big twist. Actually I think there will be some kind of interesting twist in this movie, of course I am pretty sure that it is something that none of us have even thought of. After all that’s what makes a good twist right? Completely pulling the rug out from the audience. I bring it up a lot, but it’s only because I got so much enjoyment out of it.
This Post Contains Spoilers
I am thinking we will get something like that again. Not that Shandor is the villain, but something that will take us by surprise. :)

Again I keep going back to Jason Reitman’s quote about the movie being unwrapped like a present. Not just in the unfortunate delay and the lack of promo material right now, but when we actually go and see the movie we will still be slowly unwrapping the gift. I mean I really have no idea on how the events in this movie will unfold, but I am thinking it will be a nice slow build that will feel very different from the previous 2 films and yet as it progresses will start to feel very familiar.

I know I could be assuming too much, but that is exactly what the 2 plus minutes of the trailer did to me. I am thinking the movie will do the same thing. First we are going to get to know this family and learn about the troubles that will lead them to move from there old home. Set up the relationship these characters have with each other.

Seeing these characters building new relationships with other characters and then these characters discovering their connection to the Ghostbusters. After that they will uncover the mystery of whatever is going on in this town. Then there is the question of how all this builds up to the OGs showing up and suiting up. :)

The anticipation is killing me, but I am very sure it will be well worth the wait. :):):)
I'm hoping parallel universes still run parallel and like Uncle Bill in the ATC universe, Winston in the prime universe also founded and leads his own business. Like security, electronics, aeronautics, etc. That line about Winston thinking about learning computers in the 1st issue of IDW's Year One comic got me thinking maybe he got into the tech industry. It would be a nice nod to the backstory that didn't make the final cut of GB1 (I think it was the August 1983 draft that mentioned he designed electronic barrier systems for Sentry Alarms). But also in the GB2 August 5, 1988 draft, Winston mentioned he was working at an airline before Ghostbusters was started up again and in Extreme Ghostbusters, that version of Winston became a commercial pilot.
Bison256 wrote: February 7th, 2021, 8:40 pm Honestly the plot point about the mayor in the video game should have been obvious in retrospect given the mayor's antiquated fashion sense. Has it ever been proven or disproven if the mayor was the same person as the psychiatrist from gb2?
Not really but the closest thing I can recall is in a Playboy article, they said they originally were using Mayor Lenny but as a strategy to get Bill onboard, they replaced David Margulies with Brian Doyle-Murray and quickly had Terminal Reality create a likeness of Doyle-Murray to show him during a studio tour. It's moot but it sounded like in a moment of panic, they just thought of Doyle-Murray and no one remembered he was in Ghostbusters II as a psychiatrist. They were just coming up with an ad hoc strategy to get Bill to board the cast.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160720220 ... ld-stories
robbritton liked this

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]