24 Years after the show aired its final episode, the Official Ghostbusters Youtube Account will feature episodes of Extreme Ghostbusters for fans to watch and enjoy.

Fresh on the heels of a similar announcement by Sony for The Real Ghostbusters, this is excellent news for fans, due to XGB's limited availability via online streaming and home entertainment releases.

The first episode is scheduled to air Wednesday February 9th at 3pm EST, 8pm GMT.
mrmichaelt liked this
RichardLess wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 5:35 pm Buts it’s a better show than RGB.
And I was gonna give you a like until you said that. :)

I do wish the animation quality was on the same level as the intro, that intro drew me into the show, and while generally speaking it's not bad (the weird digital rewind-and-forwards-again bits aside), it is a bit of a disappointing step down.
deadderek liked this
Granted it can't touch the really high end RGB animation, but EGB is at least consistent in its animation style, and the average EGB episode looks way better than the worst RGB one. Also EGB has a much better idea of the geography and look of Manhattan than whatever the heck was going on in the background of most episodes of its forebearer!
Hopefully the uploads are decent quality.
Kingpin, mrmichaelt liked this
Kingpin wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 5:38 pm
RichardLess wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 5:35 pm Buts it’s a better show than RGB.
And I was gonna give you a like until you said that. :)

I do wish the animation quality was on the same level as the intro, that intro drew me into the show, and while generally speaking it's not bad (the weird digital rewind-and-forwards-again bits aside), it is a bit of a disappointing step down.
Honestly? Real Ghostbusters is a little too 1980s for me. 1980s cartoons that is. I’m not a fan of a lot of the ghost designs & it’s a little weak when it comes to voice acting & music. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy it. But a lot of the design work & style just isn’t my thing. Add in the musical montages with really bad songs. And some of the scripts? I mean come on, in one episode the Ghostbusters go into outer space.

EGB was *scary*. The voice acting was terrific. The show was genuinely funny at times. It was grounded like the movies. There was a sense of realism. It wasn’t cartoony. I still can’t believe they got away with an episode like “Deadliners”. I just wish it lasted longer.
If you preferred a more consistent, darker and less goofy tone I could see why you would consider Extreme better than RGB. I prefer RGB (S1 & 2), but I agree Extreme is better than the later seasons.

The main misstep with Extreme was the characters - the representation was admirable, but Eduardo, Roland and Garrett are just not particularly likeable or memorable imho. Having said that I've not watched it fully since it broadcast, so I will go into the rewatch with an open mind.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]