Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Kingpin wrote:I'm sorry again for the disruption, everyone. It isn't fair that the actions of one person are having an impact on the discussion featuring everyone here.

I'm afraid I can't promise this will be the last time I'll have to temporarily lock the topic... But I hope we can restore some semblance of normal service for the moment.
Oh i'm sure the beast will rear it's ugly head again. we'll just have to aim for the flat top.
deadderek liked this
Coover5 wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 7:16 pm Finish the following statement:

With this newest delay I'm going to...

For me, I'm going to work on my Kenner collection and enjoy watching the films a few more times before they are part of a trilogy. Might even use the extra time to find some second hand boots that fit me better than my Corcorans.
One thing that I have wanted to do for ages and still haven't done is a fan edit of the 2016 movie. I don't have the actual editing skills, but I have an imported Blu-ray that has the extra hour of material on a disc rather than online, and I can certainly lay out all the changes I would've made. Can't say I think I'll pull it off, but who knows. It's an idea that always floats around in my head.
Hairy Biker wrote: January 24th, 2021, 1:01 am I didn't even know they did reshoots.

Rick Moranis lives in New York too. So its not like hes far.
This might be an unnecessary explanation, but every studio movie has reshoots built into it. In general, it's pretty inevitable that you lose scenes when you edit the movie together, and if those scenes have crucial exposition that you still need in the movie, there are all these little holes you've got to patch, so either you shoot new scenes or you integrate the same information into other scenes. Sometimes people believe reshoots are a sign that something has gone wrong, and they can be, if the reshoots are extensive, but the mere presence of reshoots means nothing.

I still don't believe Rick will be in the movie. He said in 2016 that he didn't want to do cameos, that he wanted substantial roles. Breznican said point blank in Vanity Fair in 2019 that Rick wasn't back. He didn't pop up in the Reunited Apart reunion, which was also a Zoom call. It seems like a mistake to get excited about him, IMO.
Coover5, Alphagaia liked this
What I'm doing with this extra time?

I've storyboarded a little fan movie featuring myself as a fake cheap ass GB because I can't afford to fly the real Ghostbusters over to the Netherlands and take care of a ghost in my parking garage.

I'm currently experimenting with special effects to create demon portals, slime drips, haunted cars and other spooky stuff.

It's slow because I don't have a lot of free time, but it's a blast!
Coover5, Kingpin, RedSpecial and 2 others liked this
Apart from existing in a near constant state of existential crisis?

I'm currently trying to find the time and motivation to finish my thrower and I've been catching up on a backlog of GB reads.
I'm also planning to get back into sculpting and other practical effects related things at some point in the near future to keep the old mind occupied during the wait for Afterlife and looking forward to a return to some form of normalcy in terms of being able to go out and do things again.

And I'm trying to think of a new career path as I'm sick of being poor :lol:

I'm really exited for the new movie though.
Despite any delays, it's high on my list of things to look forward to.
Not just the movie itself, but the inevitable buzz and everything that will be going on around it at release as well as post release with the eventual bluray and (hopefully) some juicy behind the scenes content.
As well as years of scrutinising reference materials and prop replication that will come from all of it .
Coover5, Alphagaia, Sav C and 1 others liked this
I have a ton of ideas for stageplays and I'll use the time to finish some of them. Stageplays with live music, so I have to think to the musical aspect of them as well as directing and acting.

On top of the list there's a parody of James Cameron's Titanic called: "Titanic: the absolutely really maybe true story of that boat".
RedSpecial, Coover5 liked this
I'm going to release some albums and get a Snake and Crocodile book out. Plus I might finally mod my Spirit Pack. Might.
Sav C, Coover5, RedSpecial and 1 others liked this
This shirt popped up at Meijer. (A regional big box store)

What's interesting to me is it references BOTH Ghostbusters movies. Are there any other (official) shirts that do that?

Sav C, mrmichaelt, Corey91 liked this
Sav C wrote: January 25th, 2021, 3:31 pm Do you guys think there'll be any celebrity cameos in Afterlife?
It’s been mentioned before but I’d like to see Adam Savage as a cameo.

I’m doubtful this movie will have a montage like the first two, which was where the majority of the cameos were, at least in the first one.
deadderek, Sav C, Hairy Biker and 1 others liked this
I think any celebrity cameos made won't be a distraction. More "oh that's cool they got xxx" versus every 5 minutes "OMG XXX".
Last edited by Kingpin on January 26th, 2021, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Topic moderation
mrmichaelt wrote: January 26th, 2021, 12:34 am
Hairy Biker wrote: January 26th, 2021, 12:18 am Ummm is anybody else seeing these Inappropriate usernames liking posts?
Sock puppet accounts from a banned user. However, bans don't remove the like/dislike member notation in the lower right side of posts. I've inquired about how they can be removed.
Some people need a life.
deadderek, zeta otaku, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
If anyone spots another suspicious account that could be a sock puppet, send a private message to Kingpin, Fritz, and I right away if none of us are online, rather than posting a reply in a thread.

Otherwise, best to continue talking about just Afterlife in the Afterlife discussion thread. ;)

For instance, anyone think of Wallace Shawn when they saw the Muncher's face in the MasterChef Jr. Spain episode?
Alphagaia, Chicken, He Clucked and 4 others liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]