Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Finish the following statement:

With this newest delay I'm going to...

For me, I'm going to work on my Kenner collection and enjoy watching the films a few more times before they are part of a trilogy. Might even use the extra time to find some second hand boots that fit me better than my Corcorans.
deadderek, philmorgan81, Sav C and 2 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 7:37 pm I'm hoping the extra time will allow me to get my next Proton Pack replica assembled in time for the screening, but we'll have to see how the coming months pan out.
There's some good optimism about the delay! I also hope to get one of those Magnoli flight suits. Really, I'd like to get all three, but I might get the rip-stop version from the first movie.
deadderek, Kingpin, Coover5 and 2 others liked this
With this delay, I will take the time to slay my enemies, turn their bones into furniture and their skin into leather coats!

Er...

I mean...

Uh...

Finish 3D printing my second RGB pack and trap set. Maybe configure my wireless movie trap so that the trap and receiver run off the same power supply and switch (something I've wanted to do for a couple years, but I HATE opening up the Matty trap)
Coover5, deadderek, Hairy Biker and 2 others liked this
Coover5 wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 7:16 pm Finish the following statement:

With this newest delay I'm going to...

For me, I'm going to work on my Kenner collection and enjoy watching the films a few more times before they are part of a trilogy. Might even use the extra time to find some second hand boots that fit me better than my Corcorans.
Actually when the delay was annouced I thought to myself, "Awesome! Now I don't have to rush through my Ghostbusters Marathon. I love to watch the movies, watch The Real Ghostbusters, watch Extreme Ghostbusters, read all the comics, and play all the video games. If this current date holds I should reach the end of it by the time Afterlife comes out. I am just going to relax and enjoy that stuff during my free time. :):):)
So do we think Ernie spilled the beans on Rick returning?

I remember he confirmed his involvement out of the country before it was officially known. Same with Bill Murray.

https://livinglifefearless.co/2021/hype ... k-moranis/

Will Rick Moranis be making an appearance?

"I think the studios probably want to hold that one. I love Rick. But yeah, I’ll let them share that."

Now that one article before mentioned Rick wasn't returning...BUT...this makes me excited.

Maybe Jason was able to convince him?
deadderek wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:34 pm So do we think Ernie spilled the beans on Rick returning?

I remember he confirmed his involvement out of the country before it was officially known. Same with Bill Murray.

"I think the studios probably want to hold that one. I love Rick. But yeah, I’ll let them share that."

Now that one article before mentioned Rick wasn't returning...BUT...this makes me excited.

I already posted that here like last week.
deadderek wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:34 pm So do we think Ernie spilled the beans on Rick returning?

Well there was a report awhile back that Rick Moranis was sadly the only surviving cast member from the original that would NOT be participating. Since Ernie didn't just say NO now I am not so sure. LOL! Man if the fact that the remaining OGs are suiting up one last time is the cherry on top of this film sundae, if Rick Moranis is in there somewhere I guess we could consider that extra sprinkles. ;).

Forgive the terrible dessert metaphore. :):):)
Davideverona wrote: January 24th, 2021, 12:01 am Maybe he was included in the reshoots.

Was he in New York around the same time the reshoots happened? That time when he was punched by a fool guy?
Maybe at the end they return to the Firehouse and he's the one who welcome them.
I was thinking that myself. Maybe he was part of those reshoots?

It's fun to speculate.
Sav C, Glenn Frederick liked this
deadderek wrote: January 24th, 2021, 12:09 am
Davideverona wrote: January 24th, 2021, 12:01 am Maybe he was included in the reshoots.

Was he in New York around the same time the reshoots happened? That time when he was punched by a fool guy?
Maybe at the end they return to the Firehouse and he's the one who welcome them.
I was thinking that myself. Maybe he was part of those reshoots?

It's fun to speculate.
Hey it is so cool to see so many of us on the same page there. Yeah if the Firehouse Headquarters is somehow set up as Ghostbusters Central in an after credit scene or the last 6 minutes of the movie I'd be totally on board with that. Even if New York is not where the action is in this movie if it makes an appearence at the end I would just tip my hat. I am still half expecting to see a restored Ecto 1 jet out of the firehouse like it did for the Sedgewick bust before the credits role. Again a shot like that would really set up that the franchise will move on without the OGs, but won't necessarily need a another film to follow it. I know in the end that IS the ultimate goal, but it would be just as satisfying as the endings of the previous 2 films. :):):)
Last edited by Kingpin on January 24th, 2021, 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
Hairy Biker wrote:I didn't even know they did reshoots.

Rick Moranis lives in New York too. So its not like hes far.
Not going to stray too far off the Ghostbusters topic, but I am really looking forward to Rick Moranis's big return to acting in Shrunk. If what I heard about the plot of Shrunk is true, I'd imagine that the script really touched him on a personal level. I am sure it will be beautiful film. :):):)
Glenn Frederick liked this
philmorgan81 wrote: January 24th, 2021, 1:41 am
Hairy Biker wrote:I didn't even know they did reshoots.

Rick Moranis lives in New York too. So its not like hes far.
Not going to stray too far off the Ghostbusters topic, but I am really looking forward to Rick Moranis's big return to acting in Shrunk. If what I heard about the plot of Shrunk is true, I'd imagine that the script really touched him on a personal level. I am sure it will be beautiful film. :):):)
Thinking the same.

They could have shot his scene in a studio using that Sony 3D technology without causing a rufus among bystanders by shooting on the outside of the real Firehouse.
I like how Paul Rudd's announcement was just him filming himself right in front of the firehouse.

No crew or anything.

With Moranis we have no idea how little of a role he could play if he is in the movie.

It may have been a "well we don't need him BUT if he changes his mind I have something for him."
Glenn Frederick, Sav C liked this
While on the subject if Rick's last two projects are a hit maybe it would be enough to get the ball rolling on a new Spaceballs. It would be different without John Candy, but they can easily spoof the last Starwars Trilogy. I mean they could easily find a stand in for Darth Helmet and he could do voice overs.

(Honestly I just want to see an update of this scene. )

There is language in this clip.
Last edited by Kingpin on January 24th, 2021, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed YouTube code
Glenn Frederick liked this
Or a Zoom call from his cell phone.

"Hey guys, how are you! Glad to see you're all fine. I'll wait for you here at the Firehouse and.. (look at his side) oh, there is someone who wants to say hello.... Well... No, don't touch it... Hey!!!"

We see Slimer grabbing Louis cell and flying around, making noises of happyness.
Glenn Frederick, Sav C liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: January 24th, 2021, 1:01 am I didn't even know they did reshoots.
There was a one day re-shoot in Fort Macleod on September 7, 2019 with a "very minimal crew" taking shots of vehicles that were part of the original action scene that was filmed.

But I think what they're referring to as reshoots was that filming conducted on October 5 to about October 8, 2020 on the Sony lot. Jason, Kim, O'Conner, Wolfhard, and "Wrecto-1" were seen.
https://twitter.com/TheCrossrip/status/ ... 5400562688
https://www.instagram.com/p/CF-2-3Ms3Hv/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CF-9VLvACqr/
https://twitter.com/TheCrossrip/status/ ... 9635526656
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGGITTaJ9Fl/
deadderek, Hairy Biker, Corey91 and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 6:57 pm The moderation staff are aware of the newest spate of down-voting and are working to undo the effort.
Newest one he's trolling with is deaddarek. How childish can you get?
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 24th, 2021, 5:45 am Just so we're up to speed:

A middle aged man who was so upset a movie he hates has been delayed a few more months is now registering multiple accounts so he can disrupt civilized discussion by *checks notes* downvotes and spam.

What a guy.
Correct. The man has no dick.

He likely has a mental disability though.
deadderek wrote: January 24th, 2021, 4:09 am Newest one he's trolling with is deaddarek. How childish can you get?
Best thing to do is not give him the time of day by acknowledging his existence. The more we acknowledge him, the more we feed his ego and potentially goad him on with insults.

As my posts are also being targeted I get a head's up pretty quickly, and remove him as quickly as possible.
Davideverona, deadderek, Alphagaia and 4 others liked this
I'm sorry again for the disruption, everyone. It isn't fair that the actions of one person are having an impact on the discussion featuring everyone here.

I'm afraid I can't promise this will be the last time I'll have to temporarily lock the topic... But I hope we can restore some semblance of normal service for the moment.
timeware, robbritton, mike_waclo and 5 others liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]