Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Chicken, He Clucked
My Ectotron order just got bumped to March, so I've decided to order the Hasbro Ecto in the interim - hopeful I get a milder gradient on the bonnet.

What are the odds some ingenuous & resourceful fan will produced metal antennae swapout kits for the Hasbro Ecto?
By below_radar_00
SpaceBallz wrote: January 20th, 2021, 12:10 pm Walmart just canceled my pre-order of the Ghostbusters popper. No reason given.
Mine was cancelled too. I checked the inventory of my local Wal-Mart on the website and saw some were in stock so I just went in and grabbed one. They had a ton of RGB figures sitting on the pegs too. So beautiful to see!
By Broccoli
below_radar_00 wrote: January 21st, 2021, 8:32 am
SpaceBallz wrote: January 20th, 2021, 12:10 pm Walmart just canceled my pre-order of the Ghostbusters popper. No reason given.
Mine was cancelled too. I checked the inventory of my local Wal-Mart on the website and saw some were in stock so I just went in and grabbed one. They had a ton of RGB figures sitting on the pegs too. So beautiful to see!
They must have just gotten a restock, because my Walmart was full of RGB figures. No StayPuft or Green Ghost though.

I am curious, if they continued the RGB line with future figure re-releases (which I think is unlikely), which ones would you want to see? For me, I would love for them to re-release the "Monsters" line. As a fan of the Universal Horror movies, I would pick those up in a New York minute.
By Ecto24601
From the unboxings I've seen, the front paint job of the Ecto really differs from car to car. From black to brown. This is rather odd to have such vast difference. At least amazon Germany finally put a price of 68,99€ on it. Ouch but I highly estimate this will drop by February when it's available.
deadderek liked this
By moviemaker29
I just picked up the Hasbro Plasma Series Ecto-1 today in store at Target and I have to say I am not at all disappointed with how it turned out! I'll say upfront that it is not anywhere near the build quality of the Hot Wheels Elite Ecto-1, but it makes a very nice companion piece to that one. I love the rusted, worn, Afterlife look of this one sitting next to the clean Hot Wheels version.

It terms of scale, they are pretty much perfectly in 1:18 scale with one another and side-by-side, they look excellent as a visual evolution of the vehicle's appearance. (I SO regret not getting the Elite Ecto-1A when I had the chance)

The biggest difference is just the materials used. The Hot Wheels one is obviously metal and made of a lot more separate parts that had to be assembled in production. They used metal or chromed plastic everywhere that made sense on that one. The Hasbro one is built in as much of a "single piece" molded construction as possible, but the details are still very good. The lack of any metal parts or chromed pieces isn't much of downside to it as it just makes the car look more weathered and worn out. In terms of tangibility, yes it feels much cheaper and lighter, but for the price point it's not a rip off nor a bargain.

Overall, I love it and it'll be a great display piece. I would love to see Hot Wheels do an Elite series Afterlife version but who knows if the licensing will allow that since Hasbro has their own version now. If this is the only one offered, I don't think people will be too disappointed and will be glad to have it.

Here are some comparison pics:
By slaysghosts
Awesome, thanks for the comparison shots! Guess I'll get one, I know a guy who can add lights. Maybe a siren..Maybe warning label decals...Touch up the paint too.
By 910dohead
The whole front end of my Wrecto-1 is black. I also walked into a Walmart and picked up the Ghost popper. I guess for the best though. I probably would've received it in a trash bag crushed to death. Typical shipping practicing for them.
By deadderek
metallijosh wrote: January 24th, 2021, 8:45 pm I used a silver Sharpie to add the headlights and foglights as well as the gas cap on my plasma ecto. It looks a lot better.
Ooh pics?
By Chicken, He Clucked
Zavvi haven't cancelled orders (yet).

But the release date came and went and my order is still sat there, meanwhile they've removed the Ecto from their website as "sold out"... which isn't reassuring.

The wand was freely available for a while so I'm surprised - either the release is delayed over here or there was more demand / less Ectos?
deadderek liked this
By Broccoli
I am sorry if this has been answered in this thread, but I can't seem to see it anywhere else. Do the Mattel proton streams work with the Hasbro figures?
By Broccoli
I'm betting that Wave 2 was suppose to cover Afterlife. I have a gut feeling that if Afterlife is delayed again, Hasbro will release what would have been a future wave as Wave 2 that could cover either more characters from GB1 or a GB2 wave. I'm sure they want to keep that momentum going, especially during the holidays.
deadderek liked this
By Broccoli
metallijosh wrote: March 12th, 2021, 10:39 am $50 for the Kenner Classics Ecto!?! I bets the price in the plasma series Ecto isn't looking too bad now!!
Apparently the $50 isn't as bad. I read elsewhere (probably on this forum) that the original cost for the Ecto was something like $22. Adjusted for inflation, it would bring it up around $50.
By Kingpin
Broccoli wrote: March 18th, 2021, 6:34 pm Apparently the $50 isn't as bad. I read elsewhere (probably on this forum) that the original cost for the Ecto was something like $22. Adjusted for inflation, it would bring it up around $50.
Here's the post in question:
mrmichaelt wrote: March 15th, 2021, 4:58 pm Chris Stewart informed me the original price was $22.87 in 1987 so converting that to how much that is in 2021 comes out to around $53. Throw in tax to the $49.99 msrp for the Hasbro reissue, somehow, they managed to keep the cost relatively the same! $39.97 is a steal. Maybe it's a pre-order limited sale price.
-Source
mrmichaelt liked this
By Peter Venkman Jr.
Even with Ghostbusters not being a part of Hasbro's Pulse fan fest, I am still pretty excited that Ecto 1 is being reissued along with two ghost action figures that I never got a chance to purchase as a child.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]