Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Ben beat me to it! It's an older fan mockup. Not a bad one, either! They did a better job of showing the creature in context than the standard goofy, bright creature shop photos. The art really reminds me of the ILM key art pieces from GB2.

The Frog ghost was built at John Dykstra's Apogee before Ivan cut the sequence, well before any compositing work had begun. I don't believe the subway driver/plates were filmed, but I could be mistaken.

I'm guessing they were trying to have some sort of continuity with "giant frog ghosts", as the bathtub monster was a similar frog at one point. There were even a few dinosaurs in the script at one point... hmmm...

The original version of this scene with Stantz, Spengler, and the dead commuters in the 8/5 draft was way, way cooler.
mrmichaelt liked this
d_osborn wrote: January 21st, 2021, 12:42 pm Ben beat me to it! It's an older fan mockup. Not a bad one, either! They did a better job of showing the creature in context than the standard goofy, bright creature shop photos. The art really reminds me of the ILM key art pieces from GB2.

The Frog ghost was built at John Dykstra's Apogee before Ivan cut the sequence, well before any compositing work had begun. I don't believe the subway driver/plates were filmed, but I could be mistaken.

I'm guessing they were trying to have some sort of continuity with "giant frog ghosts", as the bathtub monster was a similar frog at one point. There were even a few dinosaurs in the script at one point... hmmm...

The original version of this scene with Stantz, Spengler, and the dead commuters in the 8/5 draft was way, way cooler.
Wait. Are you sure no compositing or plate work was done? You’re the behind the scenes guru on this stuff so is the story about Ivan cutting the sequence, due of the reactions of the extras, not true?

What’s interesting to me about the image I posted is the frog looks a little too “clean” for it to be legit(which means it was done digitally) yet the blue lightning looks rotoscoped.

I wasn’t a big fan of the frog creature in the bathtub idea. She fries it by putting the blow dryer in the bathtub. But if it’s a “ghost”...how exactly does that work?

I wish we would have access to someone who worked on this films post production so we can get answers on what was finished & what wasn’t. Like all the Slimer stuff. I was always under the impression all that stuff was 100% finished. We’ve even seen the picture of Slimer going after the chicken on wires. I find it hard to believe the deleted scene included on the blu ray of Louis trying to catch Slimer with the proton pack was as finished as that scene got. The end credits have that shot of Slimer in the rear view mirror, which is missing from the deleted scene on the blu and it’s not like they would’ve completed just that rear view mirror shot only for the end credits. Which begs the question. Where the hell are these finished scenes?

The schedule for GB2 was so nuts I think a lot of the stuff that was cut that features VFX was finished. That Slimer going after the chicken is totally finished. And we’ve all seen that Will Forsche home video footage of all the Slimer footage they shot with Robin Shelby.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]