Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
If the pandemic is under control by the summer, and the movie's release date holds... not only could this be the first film people will have seen in a theater in over a year, it could be the first film kids see when they're hold enough to make memories.

Imagine being a five-year-old when this comes out and having that be the first theater experience they'll remember for the rest of their lives. That's a lifelong fan.
Alphagaia, Sav C, deadderek and 3 others liked this
An entire box of marshmallows, where you add milk? Oh that's a very healthy breakfast! That's sarcasm but if you guys get lucky charms, or if it's anything like the 80's tmnt cereal you should get it with no issues.

Any speculation if there will be prizes added to the GB cereal? Wrecto key chains, or mini remote control traps, balloons and mugs for the kids? A can of slime or free copy of ATC? I kid, I kid.
I can't wait for any books on Ghostbusters: Afterlife to see all the behind the scenes pics with things blurred out, removed, or altered beyond recognition.
Davideverona, Sav C liked this
Every since I've been on Furlough from my work I've been taking advantage of Saturday mornings. I've been watching all the old Cartoons that I grew up with (including one Hour of The Real Ghostbusters) and trying random Cereals I haven't eaten since I was a kid. It's been fun reconnecting with my inner child but I know by time this new cereal comes out I'll have to go back to being an adult and working weekends.
timeware wrote: November 26th, 2020, 8:31 pm An entire box of marshmallows, where you add milk? Oh that's a very healthy breakfast! That's sarcasm but if you guys get lucky charms, or if it's anything like the 80's tmnt cereal you should get it with no issues.
Nah we don't get anything like that. Too much sugar. Our food regulations wouldn't allow it.
The closest we get is Fruit Loops.
Glenn Frederick wrote: November 26th, 2020, 9:00 pm Every since I've been on Furlough from my work I've been taking advantage of Saturday mornings. I've been watching all the old Cartoons that I grew up with (including one Hour of The Real Ghostbusters) and trying random Cereals I haven't eaten since I was a kid. It's been fun reconnecting with my inner child but I know by time this new cereal comes out I'll have to go back to being an adult and working weekends.

There is a saying that I try to live by. "Growing Older is mandatory, Growing Up is completely optional." Like many here I work for a living and make sure my bills are paid on time, but when I come home I enjoy watching classic cartoons from my Saturday Mornings. :) I have most of them because of Twenty some odd years of DVD collecting, but of course my favorite cartoon is The Real Ghostbusters. I always make time to watch the entire series once a year. :)

Never loose touch with your inner child. I think doing that makes for a happier adult. :):):)
Sav C, deadderek, Davideverona and 3 others liked this
In regards to the question if Ecto-1A still exists or not, Jason Reitman said at the Hasbro unveiling of the Plasma Series Ecto that they had three Ectos. We've seen two at filming and the one cut up. Hmm...ah, I just wanna see the darn movie instead of agonizing.
Ecto24601 wrote: November 27th, 2020, 12:47 pm In regards to the question if Ecto-1A still exists or not, Jason Reitman said at the Hasbro unveiling of the Plasma Series Ecto that they had three Ectos. We've seen two at filming and the one cut up. Hmm...ah, I just wanna see the darn movie instead of agonizing.
Probably the third Ecto was the stunt car with the seat on the roof
Timo wrote: November 27th, 2020, 3:30 pm
Ecto24601 wrote: November 27th, 2020, 12:47 pm In regards to the question if Ecto-1A still exists or not, Jason Reitman said at the Hasbro unveiling of the Plasma Series Ecto that they had three Ectos. We've seen two at filming and the one cut up. Hmm...ah, I just wanna see the darn movie instead of agonizing.
There were two driving cars (the former 1A and the new purchase) which were both capable of stunt work, and then the cut-up for interior shots.
deadderek liked this
69428scj wrote: November 27th, 2020, 4:04 pm
Timo wrote: November 27th, 2020, 3:30 pm

There were two driving cars (the former 1A and the new purchase) which were both capable of stunt work, and then the cut-up for interior shots.
I've seen two almost similar looking Ecto-1s next to each other, the cut-up one and one with a seat on the roof. That seat could be movable, so maybe this was one of the regular cars and you could be right.

I don't think the 1A will be in this movie. I do believe it's supposed to be the same car in the Ghostbusters universe. The 1A was a big "going back into business" gimmick but not very useful when in action. That's the inner in-universe explanation for myself. The true story I guess is just like, this version is more iconic with most people.
If you believe it was two different cars, that's okay, too. I'm sure everyone can keep his idea after watching the movie.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Until the movie disputes it I'll take this as canon.
Technically it's closer to four.

1) Ecto-1 (Now retired on the Sony backlot)
2) Ecto-1A/Wrecto-1A
3) Wrecto-1
4) Wrecto-1B (the cut up car)

And if we want to get really technical:

5)Ecto-1 (2016)
6)Ecto-1 #2 (2016)
7)Ecto-2

Ecto-1A's front fender has been spotted on the front of Wrecto-1A, and we've not seen Ecto-1A since that shot showing the three cars gathered together before they were Ectofied... Ecto-1A may no longer exist as a prop, but it still exists as our fond memories and some sweet merchandise. :)
Timo wrote: November 27th, 2020, 3:30 pm Probably the third Ecto was the stunt car with the seat on the roof
Timo wrote: November 27th, 2020, 4:41 pmI've seen two almost similar looking Ecto-1s next to each other, the cut-up one and one with a seat on the roof.
The wrecto with the driving rig was one of the two fully-decked-out 1959 Miller Meteors, the roof rack was removable to accomodate the driving rig. There haven't been any photographs of the interior car with the driving rig.
deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: November 27th, 2020, 7:33 pm
Technically it's closer to four.

1) Ecto-1 (Now retired on the Sony backlot)
2) Ecto-1A/Wrecto-1A
3) Wrecto-1
4) Wrecto-1B (the cut up car)

And if we want to get really technical:

5)Ecto-1 (2016)
6)Ecto-1 #2 (2016)
7)Ecto-2

Ecto-1A's front fender has been spotted on the front of Wrecto-1A, and we've not seen Ecto-1A since that shot showing the three cars gathered together before they were Ectofied... Ecto-1A may no longer exist as a prop, but it still exists as our fond memories and some sweet merchandise. :)
Timo wrote: November 27th, 2020, 3:30 pm Probably the third Ecto was the stunt car with the seat on the roof
Timo wrote: November 27th, 2020, 4:41 pmI've seen two almost similar looking Ecto-1s next to each other, the cut-up one and one with a seat on the roof.
The wrecto with the driving rig was one of the two fully-decked-out 1959 Miller Meteors, the roof rack was removable to accomodate the driving rig. There haven't been any photographs of the interior car with the driving rig.
I must confess I had avoided to look closer at the cut-up Ecto, the news alone was spoilery enough for me-HOWEVER yesterday I checked out the post at gbnews and to my relief found out that this is not a 59 MM. Jason Reitman referred to the 59 MM series when talking at the Hasbro panel. Maybe there's a surprise Ecto we haven't seen so far, I'd love that. No matter what it's called.
groschopf liked this
Ecto24601 wrote: November 28th, 2020, 4:25 am Maybe there's a surprise Ecto we haven't seen so far, I'd love that. No matter what it's called.
The three Ectos/Miller Meteors he alludes to in the Hasbro Pulse segment are:

1) Ecto-1
2) Ecto-1A/Wrecto-1A
3) Wrecto-1

The only surprise Ecto was the toy stowed away in the back of one of the Wrecto-1 filming props.
deadderek liked this
Just realized a little something else about why the chair slides instead of just staying at the back to operate the RTV.

There is a big box next to the sliding chair and the gunner seat, right behind the driver seat. You can see Kim sitting on it in the trailer when Phoebe is testing the Gunner Seat.

There is a sticker on this box in the LEGO set: RTV. My guess is this where they can safely store the Remote Trap Vehicle during bumpy rides.

The idea is you grab it from the box. The chair takes you to the back of the car so you can put it on the trap door, and then operate it with the controls right next to this.
timeware wrote: November 28th, 2020, 10:46 pm Anyone get the feeling that up and coming Ghost Hunter type shows are going to have their own RTV set ups once Afterlife is out?
Those shows are hard enough to watch already now im picturing a RC car with a camera mounted with an on screen GPS and EMF meter (which would always be going nuts) chasing around bed sheet ghosts and when that doesnt help the ratings the RC car will become Posessed and there will be long drawn out not allways making sence dramatic interviews with cast and crew about whats wrong with the RC car and why nobody trusts it and the season will end with the RC car being sealed in a wood crate and stored in a warehouse poorly done up like the warehouse in Indiana Jones
I like the shows that debunk the evidence they get. if they didn't play background music when they go did you hear that? People might give them a serious look.

Don't get me started on most haunted.

I believe in the paranormal but yeah some of these shows don't have much credibility. Those goof balls on ghost adventures can be entertaining though.
I am a firm believer in the paranormal. But I also work in television.

I wouldn't believe a single thing on any of those shows. Real paranormal investigation is more often that not very dull, very tedious, and very inconclusive. Debunking should be the goal of every real investigator. Too easy to write things off as supernatural in nature when that what you're trying to look for, and it diminishes any integrity there could be had in trying to scientifically study paranormal phenomena.
deadderek liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]