By kind2311
mike_waclo wrote: October 28th, 2020, 5:50 pm No ribbon cable, either.
I doubt we'll ever see a proper GB1 cable replica. Even the best ones out there have issues due to heatshrink/adhesive lamination combo delaminating after twisting, coupled with the fact that you can't get a truly accurate twist out of a set of laminated wires. I have a feeling Arron and Ron know this, and thus do not want to produce an inferior product. Until someone finds a route for producing the proper wire coating, we won't get GB1 cables.
mike_waclo liked this
By joezlo
With everything available on the market I'm surprised there isn't a thread dedicated to kitbashing the best of the best together yet. Like people do with Eddie Van Halen guitars : proton packs aren't that much different a this point between the licensed and unlicensed stuff out there-laughs-
By Kingpin
kind2311 wrote: October 30th, 2020, 1:45 am Some dude on Reddit was trying to tell me that these parts are not as accurate as some of the other stuff that fans have put out over the years. LOL.
I don't know about you, but I'm totally convinced. :P
kahuna900 liked this
By Marcus B
ccv66 wrote: October 30th, 2020, 5:08 pm The anovos pack is quite a bit shorter than other packs, when the spengler & mack packs comes be nice to get some updates measurements.
My Anovos pack is just short of 26" tall which is in line with Stefan's plans
deadderek liked this
By Borzou
Kingpin wrote: October 31st, 2020, 5:11 pm
Prime 1986 wrote: October 31st, 2020, 11:36 am Anyone surprised they called the bumper the "cross bar"?
I'm guessing it was re-named for people who aren't up on the lingo.
I don't think ignorance of the lingo is cause to change the lingo.
By kind2311
ccv66 wrote: October 30th, 2020, 5:08 pm The anovos pack is quite a bit shorter than other packs, when the spengler & mack packs comes be nice to get some updates measurements.
I have it on good authority that the Anovos pack was cast from a mold made using the Sony lobby pack. Is there another version that was not?
By kind2311
groschopf wrote: October 30th, 2020, 10:08 pm
kind2311 wrote: October 30th, 2020, 1:50 am Until someone finds a route for producing the proper wire coating, we won't get GB1 cables.
They'll have one, according to the search feature:

https://macksfactory.myshopify.com/prod ... 78fe&_ss=r
Well there it is! I must have missed it! Here's hoping they found a better method than the current ones. Both of my Fincher cables have delaminated now. They were so nice for months sitting in my closet, then they came apart within weeks of installation :(
By Marcus B
kind2311 wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 10:51 pm
I have it on good authority that the Anovos pack was cast from a mold made using the Sony lobby pack. Is there another version that was not?
They said the kit is an average of 3d scans, though they don't specify what packs were scanned. The Spengler Pack they're releasing is a direct mold of one of the ones Sony has (they showed this off in a video).

I'm not sure where ccv66 is getting that the kit is quite a bit shorter than others. Having fully assembled mine I think I would have noticed and as noted above the height is close to plans here on gbfans.

Regardless, don't buy an Anovos pack. They're the absolute worst company to deal with and the kit at least has a lot of issues.
By ccv66
So I bought a shell like 15 years ago from ebay, about 5-10 years ago I bought a aluminum mother board from the gbfans shop. I pulled it off my first pack to see if it works with my anovos shell, hoping I could just order another one, but the gbfans shop width and length was off. Which would mean the gbfans shell would be off too , with the addition of my random shell.. But the shop might have changed over the past few years. I've never scratched built a shell before so I've never used plans. But probably worth double checking measurements on the mack, spengler and anovos shells vs other gb blueprints.. I think gb's fans website had a different name when I ordered the motherboard, come to think about it

So mack is giving us a preview of the product , we have an idea what we are getting. Doing waiting lists with out taking our money. . Already kicking anovos ass .. I waited years of crowd funding with no clue what I was getting until it showed up at my door. Definitely never buy from anovos
By Ectojeff88
Looks like Anovos caught wind of Mack’s plans and suddenly their 3-years old announced $3,500 Spengler pack is up for reservation! LoL
Limited stock and estimate delivery 120 days? Yikes

https://www.anovos.com/products/ghostbu ... -pre-order

Considering the horror stories experienced with Anovos’s main kit from members here and others online I dunno how this one will go.

I’m still thinking Mack’s will be superior in the end.
NotSabbat liked this
By JWils23
Wow! Seeing that there’s a new thread in this section where Anovos shipped a kit missing half the parts and won’t replace them, I’d STRONGLY urge anyone considering this to think long and hard about it. The issues are well documented on here regarding Anovos. My own experience, I ordered two patches from them that were “in stock” and it still took 4+ months and multiple emails to get them. I’d be terrified to give them $3,500...
By ccv66
Friend don't let friends do Anovos!

They've been sending me a bunch of emails about the spengler pack. What bugs me the most, it's been 3 years and there still is no indepth look at the pack. For $3500 I want to at least see a demo of product and packaging. My kit, granted first wave, was shipped with two boxes tapped together. :boogieman::angryvigo:
By Ectojeff88
Anovos is getting REALLY desperate to sell those Spengler packs. I’ve had emails for a deal weekly since before Thanksgiving in November and just got a new one today, 25% off!
Really curious to see how it turns out for anyone who bites on the deal. LoL
By deadderek
For anyone interested on Facebook there's a group all about Mack's Factory Proton Pack building:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2806200 ... ?ref=share
By kahuna900
Has anyone been notified yet? I just received notification about the RP101 - Dry Transfer Decals (FULL SIZED) kit (I was #33 on the order list) and was able to complete the purchase.

Just wondering if anyone has received any notice about the PP101 - Proton Pack Body Kit kit. I'm currently #86 on the waiting list.
By SpiderFan2k3
kahuna900 wrote: January 28th, 2021, 3:03 pm Has anyone been notified yet? I just received notification about the RP101 - Dry Transfer Decals (FULL SIZED) kit (I was #33 on the order list) and was able to complete the purchase.

Just wondering if anyone has received any notice about the PP101 - Proton Pack Body Kit kit. I'm currently #86 on the waiting list.
Facebook is full of those showing off their shells, so orders are going out. Aaron Mack posted a notice that some of the shipments were chosen as part of a test to gauge shipping times and methods to different parts of the country/globe.
By ArdentProps
I would love to Build this! but my main issue is being in Canada the shell alone will be about $600 with shipping, and without knowing the prices of everything it is a big risk, not saying it would not be worth the money! because the shell already looks amazing, but my main worry would be how long after buying the shell will other parts come out and how much they will cost, and there is always the risk that something could happen and the other parts may never be released.

Super excited though to see how this goes, and see everyone making builds! and on the plus side people are already getting shells so they are already a million steps ahead of anovos lmao.
By Ectojeff88
With this being officially licensed and the reputation noted already I do believe this will be a solid pack, and hopefully prices for more pieces show up very soon. I’d say we will have at least a 1-2 years of parts accessibility if all goes as planned!

With the movie pushed out to November we’ve got more time save, build, save more and build more!
Perfect opportunity for continued marketing buildup.

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London