By Pascal10
Hi,

I'm a fan of the Ghostbusters movies and recently watched them with my 6y old daughter. She was immediately hooked and now wants a ghostbusters costume for halloween.

After doing some research about diy proton packs, I quickly arrived at gbfans.com. I spend a lot of (late) nights browsing wonderful threads on some very nice builds.

I'm not sure about a good size for the pictures in this thread, if they are too big, please let me know and I'll resize them.

For the flight suit asked my mom to make one in the right size, the patches are bought on ebay.

As I only had 2 weeks left and to keep the build low budget, I decided to build a pack with foamcore, eva foam floor mats, various bits and pieces I had laying around, and some 3d printed parts (from these files : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:95635).

Im planning on sealing it with pva glue, then spray painting and weathering it.

To put everything together I used a combination of hot glue, contact cement and ca glue.

I used Stefan's plans from this site and scaled them down to 75%.

I also got a lot of information in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5jlzIwyN6c

Currently I have about 8 hours in the build, here are some pictures of the progress until now. I'm not going for screen accurate and took some shortcuts to speed up the build. Definitely not up to the standards of all the great builds out here, but I'm pleased with the result so far.

gerard55, tobycj liked this
By Pascal10
I got the pack sealed and painted yesterday :

Also stripped some utp cables to use the wires for the ribbon :

And connected some leds to an arduino to use for lighting.

Still have to build the thrower, add details and stickers to the pack and weather it.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]