Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
droidguy1119 wrote: October 19th, 2020, 3:19 pmWas this in response to something?
My post above it mentioning the SR Display article.
deadderek wrote: October 19th, 2020, 3:32 pm It was NOT made by the Michigan Ghostbusters. We did NOT send anything to any cast members. What gave you that impression?
Probably because the photos were on a post from MI's Twitter. I thought it was just them grabbing images from an Instagram story Logan Kim posted on his account then MI GB posted it to their Twitter?
SpaceBallz liked this
I don't think those pix are on his Instagram at all. *shrug*

I just don't get the connection between "here's a pic of him with a trap" to "omg MI Ghostbusters must have made traps and sent them out to various cast/crew members."

WTF?

Absolutely NOTHING like that at any point was said or suggested. That is one hell of a leap.

People need to calm down.
More then likely this is a "wrap gift". Its common on films to gift actors something as a parting gift. This was probably created by the prop department as a cool memento. But yeah really cool trap. I wonder if the "docking tray" is for mounting the trap vertically on the wall.
What if I told you that it wasn't a gift from the set? From any "official" source at all?

deadderek wrote: October 19th, 2020, 6:22 pm I don't think those pix are on his Instagram at all. *shrug*

I just don't get the connection between "here's a pic of him with a trap" to "omg MI Ghostbusters must have made traps and sent them out to various cast/crew members."

WTF?

Absolutely NOTHING like that at any point was said or suggested. That is one hell of a leap.

Um, the only one getting worked up is you? The pics were posted on your facebook group paged titled "Logan Kim rocking his own Rust City trap!" And on the twitter page. "Rust City" was the project title that a lot of fans started using for other GB related projects, it wasn't that much of a leap. But okay, you guys didn't make it. End of story.
What if I told you that it wasn't a gift from the set? From any "official" source at all?
Well, this just gives my theory more plausibility.
SpaceBallz wrote: October 19th, 2020, 10:00 pm
deadderek wrote: October 19th, 2020, 6:22 pm I don't think those pix are on his Instagram at all. *shrug*

WTF?

Um, the only one getting worked up is you? The pics were posted on your facebook group paged titled "Logan Kim rocking his own Rust City trap!" And on the twitter page. "Rust City" was the project title that a lot of fans started using for other GB related projects, it wasn't that much of a leap. But okay, you guys didn't make it. End of story.
Well, this just gives my theory more plausibility.
You're the one who said we made traps and sent them out even though we said NOTHING and didn't imply that in the slightest.
twmedford23 liked this
One time wrote: October 19th, 2020, 7:21 pm
robbritton wrote: October 19th, 2020, 4:44 am
I imagine Muon Trap was one of the phrases Dan brought in to the game, so it’s likely he’d considered them that all along. Still, I am enjoying all these little things that the game can at least say, “I mentioned that first!”.
viewtopic.php?t=44150
Am I missing something here?
Davideverona wrote: October 19th, 2020, 10:32 pm
droidguy1119 wrote: October 19th, 2020, 3:19 pm Was this in response to something?
Yes, in response to Ghost Corps and Sony using the new Sony's 3D machine for Ghostbusters Afterlife.
"We have been working with the Sony team to bring Ghostbusters characters and assets to life using Sony’s Spatial Reality Display,” noted Eric Reich, Brand and Franchise Executive at Ghost Corps. “Moving forward, we could see potential benefits from pre-visualization to 3D modeling. The display offers a new approach to visualizing concepts and characters, making understanding the finished product that much easier.”

I'm not sure this technology is meant to be used to create footage for the movie. More like you could model a set on it, down to deciding what walls should be movable for camera moves or lighting setups.
Davideverona liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: October 21st, 2020, 1:42 pm And there it goes.

June 11th, 2021.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/ghos ... ssion=true
Well, I know it's another three months.... But I like it more. Same weekend as Ghostbusters Day, more appropriate for a Ghostbusters cinematic outing.
Wafflerobot, tylergfoster, Sav C and 1 others liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: October 21st, 2020, 1:42 pm And there it goes.

June 11th, 2021.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/ghos ... ssion=true
*Sigh*

It's a disappointing, but understandable and expected development.

Though there probably will be an extra sting in the tail for people in the United Kingdom and across Europe: June 11th is the first day of the rescheduled Euro 2020 tournament.
Wafflerobot, robbritton liked this
I’m actually really excited about the date change. March never felt right and I questioned the box-office potential maximization. And now they’ll have almost an entire other year to make sure it’s perfect. Does anyone know which tentative films we’ll be up against that weekend?
groschopf liked this
pizzarat wrote: October 21st, 2020, 2:57 pmDoes anyone know which tentative films we’ll be up against that weekend?
The week before:

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It - June 4, 2021
Micronauts (Paramount/Dean DeBlois) - June 4, 2021
Samaritan (MGM, Super-hero movie) - June 4, 2021
Vivo (Sony Animation) - June 4, 2021

That weekend:

Luca (Disney) - June 11, 2021

Later in the month:
In the Heights (WB, musical) - June 18, 2021
Venom: Let There Be Carnage - June 25, 2021
pizzarat, mrmichaelt liked this
I'm disappointed, but cannot say I'm surprised. Most of the world seems to be experiencing a second wave, and America, probably the films largest single market, is in shambles. I mean, the FBI foiled a terrorist plot to kidnap Michigan's governor what, two weeks ago? The way things are going, the whole incident appears to have already left the national consciousness. I don't see things in the US cooling off until at least February, and until that happens, the pandemics not going to be brought under control. June seems like a reasonable time to expect things to be good enough to start releasing movies again.
Kingpin liked this
No studio is gonna make 100% capacity theater money if there are no theaters open to show movies in 2021.

AMC and Regal are so close to death now among other smaller chains suffering more each week. Wonder Woman is maybe hanging on to Christmas and Bond in April. There’s nothing happening soon to get back to normal even by June.

Super frustrating there’s no clear answer through all this.
If the movie came out on time, most of the merchandise wouldn't have been ready.. I wonder if we'll get a much better launch and polished products with everyone having time too prepare. Assuming theaters are still in business this summer. What really died was any chance that afterlife sequel ( not that I want one)by the time they green light a follow up movie , it would have to be about Egons great great grandchildren
Once Jurassic World left that slot, I and some of us had a feeling. A three month move isn't that bad compared to delays of other movies. Now with it syncing to the theatrical dates of June 8, 1984 and June 16, 1989 and the week of Ghostbusters Day, Sony and Ghost Corps can make a bigger exclamation point hopefully. <channel Ray Stantz's optimism, channel Ray Stantz' optimism>
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/ghos ... e-comments

"Jason Reitman directed “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” which follows the events of 1984’s 'Ghostbusters' and 1989’s 'Ghostbusters II.' The upcoming installment picks up 30 years later and centers on a family that moves to a small town. There, they discover their connection to the iconic ghost-catching business."

I'm so excited that we'll learn more about the events of the first two movies and how they're related in Afterlife.
Corey91, Sav C, Wafflerobot liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]