Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
pizzarat wrote: October 14th, 2020, 6:10 pm Peter Bernstein's scores for My Science Project and Hamburger: The Motion Picture are really fun. The only thing from his involvement that has perplexed me was the decision to not put the recent Ghostbusters score release in film order.
Was it his decision to make?
JonXCTrack wrote: October 14th, 2020, 3:34 pm I was actually surprised when it was announced that Peter Bernstein was not going to score GB:A. I'm glad to see that he is in fact involved, and that there are several brilliant minds working together.
I admit to being completely ignorant to the quality of Peter’s work, but based solely on the titles & lack of bigger budget films and the amount of terrible straight to DVD titles he’s involved with, it’s probably for the best that he didn’t score the film.
deadderek wrote: October 14th, 2020, 7:16 pm
pizzarat wrote: October 14th, 2020, 6:10 pm Peter Bernstein's scores for My Science Project and Hamburger: The Motion Picture are really fun. The only thing from his involvement that has perplexed me was the decision to not put the recent Ghostbusters score release in film order.
Was it his decision to make?
I believe it was sequenced for the "best" listening experience, but I just wanted to hear it in order because it tells the entire story.
Christie Granted Patent That Would Let Cinemas Stream Movies to the Home

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behin ... o-the-home
SpaceBallz wrote:Christie Granted Patent That Would Let Cinemas Stream Movies to the Home

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behin ... o-the-home
I don't see how this solves anything. It's basically Netflix from a movie theater. I could still invite friends over and buy "one virtual ticket" for a show, and all of my friends don't pay anything. Plus, the theaters make most of their money from the overpriced concessions.
Sav C liked this
lol, yeah, the one certainty is no matter what, pirating will continue.

The timing can't be ignored but feels like a reaction to the announcement earlier this week about Disney deciding to refocus its operations to produce movies and shows then decide at a later date if they would debut on the big screen, cable, Hulu and/or Disney Plus.
RichardLess wrote: October 14th, 2020, 7:43 pm
JonXCTrack wrote: October 14th, 2020, 3:34 pm I was actually surprised when it was announced that Peter Bernstein was not going to score GB:A. I'm glad to see that he is in fact involved, and that there are several brilliant minds working together.
I admit to being completely ignorant to the quality of Peter’s work, but based solely on the titles & lack of bigger budget films and the amount of terrible straight to DVD titles he’s involved with, it’s probably for the best that he didn’t score the film.
Sounds like he's just added for name power alone. To get the fans excited.

I mean, so is Jason ofcourse, but I feel like he is a good director.

All in all it fits the theme ofcourse, with children taking over the mantle.
mrmichaelt wrote: October 16th, 2020, 12:58 am
Alphagaia wrote:Sounds like he's just added for name power alone. To get the fans excited.
lol. Surely it doesn't have anything to do with him working 47 years in the industry.
I was only going off this tangent because of the information the others provided saying he shouldn't do the score himself and because he mostly did 'direct to dvd' stuff. If you think he is talented, that's completely fine. For comparison sake, do we have some scores from this guy to give him a fair shake?
Alphagaia wrote: October 16th, 2020, 1:10 am I was only going off this tangent because of the information the others provided saying he shouldn't do the score himself and because he mostly did 'direct to dvd' stuff. If you think he is talented, that's completely fine. For comparison sake, do we have some scores from this guy to give him a fair shake?
I think it's fairly easy to do searches on YouTube. He's done a bit of everything - movie, TV shows, TV movies, symphonies, music videos.
https://petermbernstein.com/credits-timeline/
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003367/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
Definitely, besides Bernstein there's some experienced people in there on scoring.

Mark Graham is listed as Afterlife's orchestrator (an uncredited title, Bernstein had in the 84 movie) and he's been in the game since 1980, one of his first gigs was Dark Crystal. He's worked with Jason Reitman before, like The Front Runner. He's done a lot of heavy hitters but in recent time, Avengers: Endgame, DC's Stargirl series, The Mandalorian, Pixar movies, some up coming stuff like Jungle Cruise, Coming 2 America, it's a long list.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334204/

Simonsen, of course is the composer and worked before with Reitman on Tully and also on Front Runner.

Greg Hayes I think is the scoring mixer.

Larry Mah is another scoring mixer and all around sound engineer. Looks like he started out on both of the 90s TMNT movies.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0536691/
deadderek, pizzarat liked this
I'm more positive now for a cinema release.
My state here has gone from 2,000+ new daily cases down to 2 new daily cases in a lil over a month. We still have 30 active cases but its better then the hundred+ we had.
Cinemas are starting to/ or in some cases will be opening up again soon.
I think March 5 is looking good.
Hairy Biker wrote: October 16th, 2020, 4:48 pm I'm more positive now for a cinema release.
My state here has gone from 2,000+ new daily cases down to 2 new daily cases in a lil over a month.
Unfortunately, one state is not enough to release a movie, and Europe just got hit big time with the second wave.
Alphagaia wrote: October 16th, 2020, 4:50 pm
Hairy Biker wrote: October 16th, 2020, 4:48 pm I'm more positive now for a cinema release.
My state here has gone from 2,000+ new daily cases down to 2 new daily cases in a lil over a month.
Unfortunately, one state is not enough to release a movie, and Europe just got hit big time with the second wave.
My state was the worst in the country. It was the final one to cross the line. The rest of the country is pretty much restriction free with many cinemas still running and in some states life is normal.

So its a whole country, 2 if you count NZ.

What I'm saying is with 5 months to go it seems like we will see a cinema release in most markets.
Alphagaia wrote: October 16th, 2020, 5:01 pm What I'm saying is best watch out for the next wave, especially if your Country is acting as if life is normal without a vaccine.

Things can change on a dime. We are in lockdown again, with hospitals filling up, and we had a good few months between waves as well.
We've just had our 3rd wave. We're on the tail end of ot now.
It's frustrating to live in the U.S. right now. Too many idiots have made wearing masks a political issue when it is not one.

On the plus side 5 months is a fair stretch of time for things to hopefully turn around. *fingers crossed*
deadderek wrote: October 16th, 2020, 5:27 pm It's frustrating to live in the U.S. right now. Too many idiots have made wearing masks a political issue when it is not one.

On the plus side 5 months is a fair stretch of time for things to hopefully turn around. *fingers crossed*
My state made masks mandatory. If you didn't wear one its was an on the spot $1,600 fine. Last I checked they raised it to $4,600 but I might be off slightly.
It was actually masks that got us over the line and dropped our numbers so dramatically.
A number of regions in the UK are going into the highest level of restriction due to a surge in infections being recorded, and we're not even in winter yet.

A wedding reception in London was broken up by the police yesterday as they reportedly had over 150 guests, the restrictions limited such events to 15 people. In hindsight I think we got too relaxed and complacent over the summer, and now we're seeing the consequences.
deadderek, devilmanozzy, lozbloke and 3 others liked this
Here in New York we got a few hot spots but so far so good, seem to be holding steady but i fully expect that to take a turn for the worse as the colder weather closes in on us.

I dont see us making a March 5th release date and im just waiting for that shoe to drop any day now. I prey i'm wrong cause i want nothing more in this world then to get a vaccine, hang out with my friends in person (its been months) and see Ghostbusters Afterlife and the sooner the better!
deadderek, Sav C liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: October 16th, 2020, 3:27 am Definitely, besides Bernstein there's some experienced people in there on scoring.

Mark Graham is listed as Afterlife's orchestrator (an uncredited title, Bernstein had in the 84 movie) and he's been in the game since 1980, one of his first gigs was Dark Crystal. He's worked with Jason Reitman before, like The Front Runner. He's done a lot of heavy hitters but in recent time, Avengers: Endgame, DC's Stargirl series, The Mandalorian, Pixar movies, some up coming stuff like Jungle Cruise, Coming 2 America, it's a long list.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334204/

Simonsen, of course is the composer and worked before with Reitman on Tully and also on Front Runner.

Greg Hayes I think is the scoring mixer.

Larry Mah is another scoring mixer and all around sound engineer. Looks like he started out on both of the 90s TMNT movies.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0536691/
Mark Graham is the orchestrator? I swear just the other day I read William Ross was doing it, which got me SUPER pumped, since that’s John Williams point man. Has anyone else heard that? I wish I could remember where I read/heard about it. He’s pretty much the best there is. He’s the Scottie Pippen to John Williams’s Michael Jordan.

Edit: According to imdb he’s doing the conducting/orchestration. I wish I could remember where I first read about it. Regardless, it’s the internet, so who knows. I’d probably believe Mark Graham doing it over Ross given the history.

Edit # 2: Ok. Now I found the mother of all credits for this movie. I don’t know how GBA landed such a big name in the industry but boy oh boy, this guy works on only the *best* projects. Ladies & Gentlemen, i give you: Doug Slupski: Driver of the 48' Wardrobe Truck. Thee Doug Slupski! Nobody drives wardrobe trucks like Doug. When someone said “That wardrobe truck cannot be driven” Doug Slupski laughed & drove it anyways. And not just any Wardrobe truck. The 48’ Wardrobe Truck. Word is when NASA sends a wardrobe truck to the moon, Doug Slupski’s the only name on their list to drive it. He’s that good. Doug Slupski’s involvement pretty much guarantees GBA is a masterpiece.
Last edited by RichardLess on October 17th, 2020, 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichardLess wrote: October 17th, 2020, 4:31 am Mark Graham is the orchestrator? I swear just the other day I read William Ross was doing it, which got me SUPER pumped, since that’s John Williams point man. Has anyone else heard that? I wish I could remember where I read/heard about it. He’s pretty much the best there is. He’s the Scottie Pippen to John Williams’s Michael Jordan.

Edit: According to imdb he’s doing the conducting/orchestration. I wish I could remember where I first read about it. Regardless, it’s the internet, so who knows. I’d probably believe Mark Graham doing it over Ross given the history.
Is it out of the ordinary for a movie to have more than one orchestrator?
Kingpin wrote: October 17th, 2020, 1:19 am A number of regions in the UK are going into the highest level of restriction due to a surge in infections being recorded, and we're not even in winter yet.

A wedding reception in London was broken up by the police yesterday as they reportedly had over 150 guests, the restrictions limited such events to 15 people. In hindsight I think we got too relaxed and complacent over the summer, and now we're seeing the consequences.
Yep, I don't see good things coming anytime soon. And whatever is happening in Europe (France, Spain, and the UK so far) will ultimately hit the rest of the world. It isn't yet been disproven that the new outbreak in NY/NJ isn't Wave 2. If so, get ready for America to once again outdue/upstage Europe. It's going to be a long winter.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife is definitely not going to see release for at least a year. At this point, giving it a date is nothing more than a lie. They don't know. No one knows. We are in dark uncharted territory with the only reference being the Spanish Flu pandemic.
deadderek liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: October 17th, 2020, 4:36 am
RichardLess wrote: October 17th, 2020, 4:31 am Mark Graham is the orchestrator? I swear just the other day I read William Ross was doing it, which got me SUPER pumped, since that’s John Williams point man. Has anyone else heard that? I wish I could remember where I read/heard about it. He’s pretty much the best there is. He’s the Scottie Pippen to John Williams’s Michael Jordan.

Is it out of the ordinary for a movie to have more than one orchestrator?
I honestly don’t know.
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]