Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
[https://www.instagram.com/p/CFnYXmAF-mQ ... _copy_link]
[https://www.instagram.com/p/CFnYVAtFtR8 ... _copy_link]

I honestly can't tell if mine is black or navy, it could have been black, but faded.
groschopf wrote: September 26th, 2020, 3:40 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: September 26th, 2020, 3:34 pm I remember my popper being black and not blue?
You're spot on, SB.

Bill, the designer co-hosting the panel, referenced to them having made some color changes on the final product.
droidguy1119 wrote: September 26th, 2020, 4:05 pm Wow, Target page says pre-orders are already sold out.
Yup. Maybe three minutes elapsed between the time I found the listing (which I kept refreshing for) and the time it said "sold out" after I put it in my cart. Slipped right from between my fingers because I forgot I changed my target.com password...

Kingpin, deadderek liked this
groschopf wrote: September 26th, 2020, 4:08 pm
droidguy1119 wrote: September 26th, 2020, 4:05 pm Wow, Target page says pre-orders are already sold out.
Yup. Maybe three minutes elapsed between the time I found the listing (which I kept refreshing for) and the time it said "sold out" after I put it in my cart. Slipped right from between my fingers because I forgot I changed my target.com password...

Yeah, it's f****g stupid. It was seconds. I had checked out to the point where it thanked me for my order, but didn't go thru apparently (all of this took me roughly 3 seconds to complete). Also, why would Hasbro not offer this on their Pulse site? You would think for those who subscribe to that premium nonsense would get a sense that Hasbro doesn't really care about the fans? Even though apparently the motto is "Where the fans come first". Naw...
deadderek, Prime 1986 liked this
Coover5 wrote: September 26th, 2020, 1:25 pm My only disappointment with the panel is that it was scheduled from 1:50 pm to 3:00pm but it went from 2:00pm to 2:50pm. I can appreciate a late start but also an early end? That was a bummer. Could they really have run 20 minutes fast or was there something they were not prepared to present? Maybe a guest dropped out?
From the website https://hasbropulse.com/pages/hasbro-pulsecon-2020 it says "We’ll begin by celebrating the iconic 1984 film. Tune in for ghostly surprises, classic toy news, and a visit from a very special guest: Ernie Hudson, otherwise known as Winston Zeddemore from Ghostbusters! Get ready to hear him answer your fan questions!"

But was there any "classic toy news"? I don't seem to recall any.
Prime 1986 liked this
By Coover5
It's my understanding that when they say classic toys they are referring to toys of the classic movie. This description comes from the section for the 1984 movie. Not from the section about the cartoon.
910dohead wrote: September 26th, 2020, 4:12 pm
groschopf wrote: September 26th, 2020, 4:08 pm

Yeah, it's f****g stupid. It was seconds. I had checked out to the point where it thanked me for my order, but didn't go thru apparently (all of this took me roughly 3 seconds to complete). Also, why would Hasbro not offer this on their Pulse site? You would think for those who subscribe to that premium nonsense would get a sense that Hasbro doesn't really care about the fans? Even though apparently the motto is "Where the fans come first". Naw...
Scalpers?
By Dr.D
Not gonna lie, pretty bummed about how quickly this sold out. Maybe they will expand the pre-order, if you can sell more why not?
deadderek liked this
By 910dohead
Nope. I can't remember if the vehicle is either 1/18" or 1/16" scale but the figures are 1/12" scale. Hasbro made an incompatible vehicle for their own Plasma series line.
By mrmichaelt
910dohead wrote: September 30th, 2020, 12:18 am Nope. I can't remember if the vehicle is either 1/18" or 1/16" scale but the figures are 1/12" scale. Hasbro made an incompatible vehicle for their own Plasma series line.
1/18" -- either that or they shouldn't add "Plasma series" to some of these releases and come up with something else.
By 910dohead
mrmichaelt wrote: September 30th, 2020, 12:33 am
910dohead wrote: September 30th, 2020, 12:18 am Nope. I can't remember if the vehicle is either 1/18" or 1/16" scale but the figures are 1/12" scale. Hasbro made an incompatible vehicle for their own Plasma series line.
1/18" -- either that or they shouldn't add "Plasma series" to some of these releases and come up with something else.
Yeah, I agree. It should be branded in the Afterlife toyline and not in the Plasma series. I guess this could've been the intention originally but they probably let this one out early because they need some Ghostbusters product on shelves now (because they paid for the retail space and have no movie in theaters)?
By mrmichaelt
910dohead wrote: September 30th, 2020, 12:39 am Yeah, I agree. It should be branded in the Afterlife toyline and not in the Plasma series. I guess this could've been the intention originally but they probably let this one out early because they need some Ghostbusters product on shelves now (because they paid for the retail space and have no movie in theaters)?
Agreed. Seemed like a weird choice to do a replica thrower that was pretty well done then a 1/18th of all sizes of Ecto-1 that nothing fits in.

No doubt they had to change their schedules around because of the delay. Who knows how much merch is sitting in Hasbro's warehouses taking up space and not making money. You could argue they obviously went lite at the Pulse Con and there were white elephants in the room like no mention of the children's line of toys like the Ghost Whistle or it's own version of the new Ecto-1. They definitely are holding back a lot. I'd expect had to hold back in anticipation for Toy Fair next year.
Dr.D liked this
By delta88
I'd bet Egon's farm that there is a 1/18 line of Plasma Afterlife figures that will be coming closer to the release. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in a two pack form with a kid/adult.
mrmichaelt liked this
By deadderek
I want figures of the guys...how they are. As in seniors.

I'll buy the hell out them, but I have some doubts they'll get made.

:/
By RealGhostbusterJay
So...I can't say this pulse con blew me a way. A ghost popper...what? You had the 4 guys come out and 2 ghosts...no Ecto-1 for that?...Umm k. A plasma Wrecto-1..ok it fits with the other hot wheels versions of the other 2 cars but....neither of these were in need of a whole online event. The kid RP toys aren't even out currently due to COVID so I really don't see where they're hoping to hype a ghost popper here. For those with kids yeah sure its fun...like giving your kids a new He-man origins toy which is similar but not identical to the one ya had as a kid yourself.

Not looking to hate on the toys they've offered though this wal-mart exclusive BS needs to stop. However I really thought we were gonna see maybe GB2 plasma figures or MAYBE a plasma afterlife ghost? A RGB Ecto-1? I just cannot see why a whole Pulse con was made to feature GB stuff but it's 2 things.

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]