Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Prime 1986
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

According to this eBay seller (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unreleased-New ... Sw40ZemG5K) the Plasma Series figures have been delayed until September 2020 :sigh:
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
Kinda pricey just to be the cool kid for a few months. I think I'd rather spend less money and eBay the mezco ones. Not a fan of the cloth uniforms, though ive heard look better in person, I think their face sculpts are better and packs that light up.
deadderek liked this
By RealGhostbusterJay
There's been a few reviews of the Plasma Series figures from those who got them. I can't say I'm all that excited for the figures. The RGB ones? Yes, just to have them in packages in boxes but the thrill of getting them again. More prop related things like the Spengler wand or maybe a new PKE is what I'm hoping for.
mrmichaelt liked this
If they do spare darts for the Ghost Popper, I’ll snap those up, but not sure I really need a fourth one!
This Kevin guy is a pro, he should've been the main host

Initially when Jason pulled the plasma ecto out I was super geeked, but up close... I think there will be a more detailed one down the road...

edit: except if you have the plasma figures already, then it's for sure a must buy
Last edited by Corey91 on September 26th, 2020, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia wrote: September 26th, 2020, 12:49 pm Well. That was a let down.
How so?
deadderek wrote: September 26th, 2020, 12:51 pm
Alphagaia wrote: September 26th, 2020, 12:49 pm Well. That was a let down.
How so?
We got the Ghost Popper and an Ecto 1 I probably don't want because a better one will come around.
That's it. Was hoping at least some more toys or Proton Pack.

Liked thepart wherethey talked about the old toys, though. I had some hope they would show some updates versions of those.
Last edited by Alphagaia on September 26th, 2020, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek, Corey91 liked this
I gotta say the way they kept talking about the Fright Features figures I was almost sure that was going to be next...not the Ghost Popper. For the life of me I don't recall anyone clamoring for that to come back.

The Ecto though...I gotta get me one of those.
I swear I had read before that the Spirit packs were scaled down because only Anovos had the rights to make a 1:1 pack. I really don't see a full blown pack coming...
Here's some screenshots of the Plasma Series Ecto-1 that comes out on Target.com today at 5pm ET.

Also, just once I'd like to hear interviewers ask Ernie interesting questions. Dude went from being in the Marines to the Yale School of Drama. He's got to have more interesting things to talk about than just repeating the "steady paycheck" line in the face of repetitive questions.
I'm excited for the ghost popper because it was one of those toys that became a general use toy. It was a portable canon, a star trek phaser rifle, a ghost vacuum, and it even launched force fields.

My only disappointment with the panel is that it was scheduled from 1:50 pm to 3:00pm but it went from 2:00pm to 2:50pm. I can appreciate a late start but also an early end? That was a bummer. Could they really have run 20 minutes fast or was there something they were not prepared to present? Maybe a guest dropped out?
Coover5 wrote: September 26th, 2020, 1:25 pm I'm excited for the ghost popper because it was one of those toys that became a general use toy. It was a portable canon, a star trek phaser rifle, a ghost vacuum, and it even launched force fields.
In case people want a look, here's a screenshot (I recorded most of the presentation).

Personally, I expected the Kenner Proton Pack. At the very least... the Ghost Zapper. But perhaps they're saving some of the cards up their sleeve since the time to the film's release has changed so much. Maybe those will come later down the line.
Found the link to Target:

https://www.target.com/p/ghostbusters-p ... nk=sametab

Highlights

- PREMIUM DESIGN AND DETAILING: Fans and collectors can display the Ghostbusters: Afterlife Ecto-1 vehicle featuring premium detail and design in their action figure collection

- MOVIE-INSPIRED FEATURES: The Plasma Series Ecto-1 toy makes a great addition to any Ghostbusters collection, featuring doors that open, wheels that move, a blaster seat that swings out, and deployable RTV

- THE GHOSTBUSTERS CAR: The reliable Ecto-1 has been with the Ghostbusters through thick and thin, always carrying the team and their gear on their ghost busting adventures

- DON’T CROSS THE STREAMS: The Ghostbusters will face all sorts of ghastly ghosts and gruesome ghouls in Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and the adventures continue with Ghostbusters toys from Hasbro (Each sold separately. Subject to availability.)

Description
When ghastly ghouls and spooky specters come looking to paint the town dead, the Ghostbusters are ready to answer the call! The reliable Ecto-1 has been with the Ghostbusters through thick and thin, always carrying the team and their gear on their ghost busting adventures!

Kids and collectors alike can imagine slimy struggles and eerie ecto-encounters from the Ghostbusters Universe with figures and vehicles from the Ghostbusters Plasma Series! Featuring premium design and detailing, this series embodies the quality and realism Ghostbusters fans are looking to trap. The Ghostbusters Plasma Series includes figures and vehicles from the Ghostbusters entertainment. (Each sold separately. Subject to availability.)

TM & © 2021 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All rights reserved.
Cadillac and all related Emblems and vehicle body designs are General Motors Trademarks used under license to Hasbro, Inc.
Hasbro and all related terms are trademarks of Hasbro.

• Includes: vehicle and accessory.
• Ages 14 and up.

No Battery Used
Street Date: January 1, 2021

[Edit: annndddd it says sold out]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]