Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I think the Afterlife toy will be a Wrecto 1. I'm assuming that will be the case since they will have a Wrecto-1 tour with Jason.

I know this might sound ridiculous, and I have mentioned this before, but I honestly wonder if they will be a toy line of the original GB's aged up to what they look like in Afterlife at some point.
Alphagaia wrote: September 19th, 2020, 10:38 pm Ugh, it reminds how easily 'facts' were taken for granted during the ATC run. Now we got that out of the way, here's my guess what the Hasbro Pulse reveal is going to be:

New RGB toy; the firehouse.

I feel that one makes the most sense. The new movie doesn't take place in NY so it's likely the new toy line doesn't have that one. It does have the Ecto-1 so in that way both lines compliment each other.

GBA reveal: since it's probably Ecto-1 related my guess is the trap on wheels. Wheels can probably come off to make it into a original trap. It can be remote controlled and it can open and close with sounds. Price probably around 50-80 bucks. I will take two, Alex.

Other possibility is the Proton Pack. The GBA sells the kids toys separate, so why not echo that and sell the pack seperate from the wand as well? Makes sense.
can you IMAGINE if they put out a collector-style trap with similar changes they did with the Spengler thrower?!

Think Matty trap, but with a whole bunch of add-ons! Give it the wheels from Afterlife... but also snap on gear from the video game :D
mrmichaelt, Alphagaia liked this
Wafflerobot wrote: September 19th, 2020, 11:11 pm I think the Afterlife toy will be a Wrecto 1. I'm assuming that will be the case since they will have a Wrecto-1 tour with Jason.

I know this might sound ridiculous, and I have mentioned this before, but I honestly wonder if they will be a toy line of the original GB's aged up to what they look like in Afterlife at some point.
If I recall correctly, back in 2010 or so, Mattel had a deal with Sony for a GB3 toy line in case the movie got off the ground and they specifically mentioned the "old age Ghostbusters"
Wafflerobot liked this
Do we know what company worked on the Cadillacs to make the Wrecto-1?
Alphagaia wrote: September 19th, 2020, 10:15 am
deadderek wrote: September 19th, 2020, 9:59 am Outside the U.S. or Canada? My suggestion is to use a VPN if you want to watch it live.
It isn't on Facebook like last time?

Time to get in on VPN then!
The PR emailer mentioned all the convention's programming will be "available exclusively on the Hasbro Pulse YouTube Channel. Programming takes place on Friday, 9/25 at 11am EST and Saturday, 9/26 at 10am EST, with each day ending around 5pm EST." It doesn't look like they said specific times for each panel yet.
https://www.youtube.com/hasbropulse

So may be a bit more annoying to save a video. I'll try some sites like clip converter to circumvent YouTube's ADP and get an mp4 file. Hopefully it'll be available in 1080p.
zeta otaku wrote: September 20th, 2020, 12:03 am can you IMAGINE if they put out a collector-style trap with similar changes they did with the Spengler thrower?!

Think Matty trap, but with a whole bunch of add-ons! Give it the wheels from Afterlife... but also snap on gear from the video game :D
I love the way you think. I'm in agreement this could be the announcement. Or perhaps the Ecto-Goggles that Logan Kim's character uses in the international trailer.
Davideverona wrote: September 20th, 2020, 2:50 am For the Afterlife toy I expect the RT trap or the Polaroid Ecto Goggles.
Indeed, the PR did specifically say 'the next toy inspired by Ghostbusters: Afterlife'.
Davideverona wrote: September 20th, 2020, 2:50 am As for the Jason's announcement?
Not a trailer, it's not the SDCC.
Maybe the official poster? Some official images? Jason started writing Ghostbusters After Afterlife?
Hmm, maybe he screens more newly found footage from GB1 like he did at Fan Fest but related to Ecto-1?

Yeah, I'm curious if they'll release anything for Afterlife during New York Comic Con's virtual event next month (the 8th to the 11th).
Alphagaia liked this
Are you guys seriously expecting new footage to be released at a Toy Con? I’d drop those expectations right now or you are going to be super disappointed. This will be about Merch and toys. If they drop new footage at a toy con very few people know about, whoever is responsible for the marketing roll out needs to be fired ASAP.

This will be about pimping out the toys.

As a side note. You guys know about the mini pufts, right? I’m calling it right here that if they end up in the movie and it’s made a huge merchandising product, they’ll be accused of trying to rip off what happened last year with Baby Yoda. Bet on it. Even though this movie was in production waaaay before Baby Yoda was a thing, you just know the folks at Hasbro saw how Baby Yoda became a phenomenon then looked at Mini Stay Pufts & started to drool.

Baby Yoda is seriously god damn adorable though. I mean..Jesus. Every time I look at him I feel like I’m going to overdose on cuteness. I can’t handle it. I want to pinch those cheeks so badly.
Exactly, Richardless. It’s most likely news of a release date on the MOD series of proton pack and accessory toys for kids that were initially announced at the New York toy fair
It's going to be interesting to see if they introduce a new baby something with each new Mandalorian season. I'm guessing the next one is going to be either a baby Wookie or a friggin Gungan. They've already had baby Ewok's with Return of the Jedi. Would it count as bad parenting if one would shave a baby wookie?
RichardLess wrote: September 20th, 2020, 5:52 pm Are you guys seriously expecting new footage to be released at a Toy Con? I’d drop those expectations right now or you are going to be super disappointed. This will be about Merch and toys. If they drop new footage at a toy con very few people know about, whoever is responsible for the marketing roll out needs to be fired ASAP.

This will be about pimping out the toys.

As a side note. You guys know about the mini pufts, right? I’m calling it right here that if they end up in the movie and it’s made a huge merchandising product, they’ll be accused of trying to rip off what happened last year with Baby Yoda. Bet on it. Even though this movie was in production waaaay before Baby Yoda was a thing, you just know the folks at Hasbro saw how Baby Yoda became a phenomenon then looked at Mini Stay Pufts & started to drool.

Baby Yoda is seriously god damn adorable though. I mean..Jesus. Every time I look at him I feel like I’m going to overdose on cuteness. I can’t handle it. I want to pinch those cheeks so badly.
But the mini pufts will be evil. If they're left over marshmallow from 1984 than they're made up magically created marshmallow animated by the will of a evil god.
I change my vote for the afterlife toy reveal: If it's a role playing toy, the RC Trap, but if it's an action figure, then I think it will be mini pufts.

Speaking of mini-pufts, I'm wondering about their origins. Do they come from the remnants of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man? Or are they marshmallows in a bag that are animated by some more powerful being? Or does Gozer give the heros the option to "choose" again, and this time they choose a small marshmallow man thinking it will be easier to deal with?
I predict:

Something Wreckto related - new release date for the Fright Features version and other Afterlife FF sets?
A Plasma series Ecto might be too early and cannibalise sales of the subscription Ecto etc.
Plasma Series Equipment: Either a Trap, Pack, Goggles, PKE or.... maybe an RC, demonstrated by Ernie.
The next wave of Kenner re-releases.

Possibly a tiny new Afterlife clip or a trailer release date announcement for October.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: September 21st, 2020, 9:42 am
Possibly a tiny new Afterlife clip or a trailer release date announcement for October.
Not happening.
I saw in the Slashnews interview Ray Parker Jr. theorizes the song WON'T be in Afterlife as they haven't licensed it yet...

That can't be right...right? I mean, whatever theories we have about story are neither here nor there...but to not have the theme in the movie? That's mind blowing.
SpaceBallz liked this
deadderek wrote: September 21st, 2020, 10:22 am
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: September 21st, 2020, 9:42 am
Not happening.
Most likely you're right, and they're absolutely not going to drop a new trailer.

But if it's some new piece of merch from the film which we've already seen in the trailer, then I don't think a short , but expanded clip showing the trap, goggles or other equipment in action would be too far fetched, if it's from early in the movie.

I could also see Jason casually dropping a timeframe for trailer #2, but most likely "soon" if it gets mentioned at all.
Jennifer Garner asked Dr. Fauci when theaters would be able to be fully reopened again. Fauci responded that it would be about a year after a vaccine was made available, so late 2021, maybe mid-2021 if we were lucky.

That does not bode well for a March 2021 release of Ghostbusters: Afterlife.
JonXCTrack wrote: September 21st, 2020, 1:07 pm Jennifer Garner asked Dr. Fauci when theaters would be able to be fully reopened again. Fauci responded that it would be about a year after a vaccine was made available, so late 2021, maybe mid-2021 if we were lucky.

That does not bode well for a March 2021 release of Ghostbusters: Afterlife.
Yeah, I really don't see this coming out until the fourth quarter of 2021.
Jason, next Sunday: "Ehi folks, I have a really exciting news!!"

Crowd: *cheers*

Jason: "As you know, due to the global pandemic situation we were forced to push forward the release date. Well, that changed again because..... (Christmas music starts) you'll be seeing Ghostbusters Afterlife in a theatre during the Christmas festivities!!!!!"

Crowd: *goes wild, people start crying, a man call his fiancé and ask her to marry him*

Jason: "Christmas 2022"

Crowd: *goes immediately silent. The same man call his fiancé and tells her that he was joking and that he's not sure she's the girl he wants by his side*

Jason: "But don't worry, because we have a trailer coming in October!!"

Crowd: "ooooooohhh!!"

Jason: "October 2022, of course"

Dan Aykroyd enters the stage

Dan: "and Ghostbusters 4 will start shooting next spring, we have a wonderful script and the hope is for Bill Murray to reprise his role as doctor Venk...."

Jason push him out of the stage.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFaPfyOhMN ... cpljovkzh6

Well, if this isn't Bill Murray in his Venkman jumpsuit from the last year birthday on the set of Afterlife, I don't know what it is.

UPDATE:

Mr. Brownstein wasn't allowed to share it, he took it down.
Last edited by Davideverona on September 21st, 2020, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek liked this
RichardLess wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:22 pm Spreading misinformation doesn’t help anyone.
I believe Pizzarat was referring to this, where Sony indicates that it's major releases are on hold until the pandemic is closer to a winding down phase:

Sony Won’t Release Big Budget Movies Until Theaters Return To Normal
Davideverona wrote: September 21st, 2020, 3:52 pmhttps://www.instagram.com/tv/CFaPfyOhMN ... cpljovkzh6

Well, if this isn't Bill Murray in his Venkman jumpsuit from the last year birthday on the set of Afterlife, I don't know what it is.

UPDATE:

Mr. Brownstein wasn't allowed to share it, he took it down.
Did his gear look anything like this?

If so, this was from the Scream Awards 10 years ago.
pizzarat liked this
He only had the jumpsuit and elbow pads. The jumpsuit looked a little worn out and a little darker, the nametag VENKMAN was clearly visible. The video was taken during a break from shooting. His hairs matched his appearance in the "cave interview" they put in front of the special projection from last year.

Eric Reich wrote that they wanted to save the OGB look as a surprise, so Brownstein took the video down.
deadderek liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]