For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Honestly, I think MP might not happen at all, considering that the remaster's Facebook, and Twitter pages haven't been updated in a long time. I can no longer get a hold of the devs on Messenger anymore (I managed to talk to them once a few months ago on there) (I sent them a bug report message about 2 months ago, and the message then and now still only shows as "Sent" I never got a reply either) No matter how much people would bring up MP on there social media accounts, they would never acknowledge the comments about MP, however they would reply to bug report comments when they were still active) but thats just my opinion on the matter. :/ le shrug
Well I own it on the PC, PSP, DS, Wii, PS3, PS4. Might as well get the 360 version. Probably wait till June see if the remastered gets multiplayer, if not I'll break down and get Xbox live. Never tried the multiplayer, it be nice play 10-20 mins here and there
I have a question for anyone that has this on PS4. I own the game on Nintendo Switch and after completing the game you unlock 11 videos in total, which are all just the in-game cinematics. Apparently the PS4 version has 16 videos in total, what are the extra 5 videos?
kind2311 wrote: October 13th, 2019, 2:16 am I can't believe they made no adjustments to the weak NPC AI. You get knocked down and your teammates still run around like idiots instead of helping you. And it's a bummer to see they didn't make any changes to the unbalanced difficulty in the Azetlor, Sedgewick Kitchen, and stone angel battles.
I only bought this game recently on Switch and I felt I had to quote this because of how true it is. Dare I say it, I think the AI might be even worse then it was originally somehow and I am not a fan of some of the cheap deaths on Professional difficulty at all.

All that said, I did enjoy playing through this game again. I had hoped for a little more to be added to this version but I understand it had a small budget so I'm just thankful the game got another lease of life for a new generation of gamers to play .
kind2311 liked this
If you get good the AI don't matter.... I've definitely cussed a few times where I've had a buster about to save me and he dies, forced me to redo the battle. I kinda liked the difficulty though, made the game last longer. Not a game I wanted to rush through. Did rage quit with the statue Cupids, but Once I learned to keep my back to the fence, game overall wasn't to bad. Kinda sucks about the multiplayer. Feel like we were lied too
Adding more content to a game is not guaranteed. Had the PC version had multiplayer, it would have been included in the overall package, since they only had the PC code to work with. But given the additional development costs, it was never a sure thing. They would have definitely given it to us if the remaster had sold well enough to justify that extra cost. We weren't lied to.

That said however, they should have phrased it as "if it sells well enough." Of course, from a marketing standpoint that kind of transparency is frowned upon. But they never, to my memory, told us that multiplayer was "definitely" coming. It was always framed as a "maybe."
Considering that they basically had no existing multiplayer code to work from--no. It ain't coming--not unless Sony grants them additional funds to develop it as cross-promotion for Afterlife next year--but let's be honest... if THAT were possible then we would have seen multiplayer by now since Afterlife was supposed to have come out by now before the pandemic.

Adding new localizations helps sell the game to new markets, but it still isn't going to drive sales enough to get us a new MP mode. When I saw the new update patch today, I excitedly turned the game on, hoping that they had fixed the GB2 uniform logo... and of course they didn't.

...and considering THAT was what I was hoping for, that's just sad.
Wafflerobot liked this
I just read the tail end of this conversation to get new info on MP. Yes, I also had hoped the fix the GB2 logo on the flightsuit bonus feature. I think that alone would have made me replay it all over again.

Man I miss playing MP with my buddies so much. I really hope this is remedied after the new movie releases.
In 1 week, Epic Games will be offering up Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered for free from October 29th-November 5th.
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2020/10/23 ... next-week/

Access the Epic Games Store, scroll down until you see the "Free Game" tab, click on Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered, and confirm your purchase 100% free of charge.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... tered/home
Wafflerobot liked this
Wafflerobot wrote: November 8th, 2020, 12:02 pm Its coming to Steam now:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1449 ... emastered/

due to be released November 7th
17th, actually. Also I'm pretty sure that despite a Steam release, they still won't have fixed the pre-rendered (using in-game scenery or the full CG animation) cutscenes.
Also hilariously the steam page used to have a screenshot from what's clearly a devmode. Every upgrade and the commands on the right are dead giveaways. It's gone now but some friends managed to preserve it in a Discord group chat.
Ghostytheghost wrote: November 17th, 2020, 2:17 pm
Wafflerobot wrote: November 8th, 2020, 12:02 pm Its coming to Steam now:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1449 ... emastered/

due to be released November 7th
17th, actually. Also I'm pretty sure that despite a Steam release, they still won't have fixed the pre-rendered (using in-game scenery or the full CG animation) cutscenes.
Also hilariously the steam page used to have a screenshot from what's clearly a devmode. Every upgrade and the commands on the right are dead giveaways. It's gone now but some friends managed to preserve it in a Discord group chat.
ha yeah I saw that, pretty funny.

They've added Achievements to the Steam version, which is something the 2009 Steam release didn't have which is nice.
https://steamcommunity.com/stats/1449280/achievements
Saber answers why there was no multi-player
https://mp1st.com/news/saber-explains-w ... ultiplayer
"This is something the team really wanted to include when working on that remaster a few years ago and had been attempting it, but the state of the original multiplayer code unfortunately just didn’t cooperate. We did look into it but ultimately had to focus on recreating the single player experience fans were expecting from us."
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]