Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
groschopf wrote: September 17th, 2020, 6:31 am
pizzarat wrote: September 16th, 2020, 10:27 pm As soon as I saw that fin I knew it had to be the '61 that they purchased.
Kills me that I could have bought a '60 for $3k when I was 18, but didn't because it would have cost too much for teenage me to fix and fuel.
You could've been the original Trevor!
groschopf liked this
Someone posted on Reddit (it's since been removed) that Callie is the lovechild of Louis and Dana, who was given up for adoption and the only person that knew about it was Egon. The poster also claimed that the Ghostbusters were pulled into purgatory at the end of the first movie, and that Ghostbusters 2 took place in purgatory, allowing them to return to Earth. I am not bothering to flag this with a spoiler tag as it is so blatantly made up.
Alphagaia wrote: September 17th, 2020, 2:12 amAny reason the front part is wrapped?
Dr.D wrote: September 17th, 2020, 7:34 am I cannot wait to see how this was utilized for filming...also curious how the front half is covered in the image. Wonder if that is for our benefit to prevent anything spoiler-y.
Some are speculating on Facebook that it's to hide plot-specific damage, which I can't disprove at this point.
JonXCTrack wrote: September 17th, 2020, 8:58 am Someone posted on Reddit (it's since been removed) that Callie is the lovechild of Louis and Dana, who was given up for adoption and the only person that knew about it was Egon. The poster also claimed that the Ghostbusters were pulled into purgatory at the end of the first movie, and that Ghostbusters 2 took place in purgatory, allowing them to return to Earth. I am not bothering to flag this with a spoiler tag as it is so blatantly made up.
Talk about A-grade bull.
Alphagaia liked this
Dr.D wrote: September 17th, 2020, 7:34 am I cannot wait to see how this was utilized for filming...also curious how the front half is covered in the image. Wonder if that is for our benefit to prevent anything spoiler-y.
I'm going to guess that Muncher eats part of the front end of the Ecto-1, and that the black tarp is covering "bite marks."
Alphagaia, deadderek, groschopf and 1 others liked this
Unless Muncher makes it all the way to the end of the movie, I'm still doubtful he eats anything but the license plate. Remember in the shot from the Bill Murray interview, the car looked pretty intact while filming what alot of people are assuming was the finale given the farmhouse was reconstructed on stage.
pizzarat liked this
RichardLess wrote: September 16th, 2020, 10:21 am
droidguy1119 wrote: September 16th, 2020, 8:56 am I really don't think Dana is gonna suit up, nor do I think that seems good. I already didn't like it when Louis suited up -- there's just an inescapable cute/fanservice element to that which bugs me. (But I am almost certainly in the minority -- I don't necessarily think any of them should suit up, because if the Ghostbusters aren't in business I just kind of feel like the movie will have to contrive this moment.)
Agreed. Dana even being in this movie seems a bit odd. I don’t want fan service for the sake of a 3 line cameo. If it doesn’t gel with the story, it doesn’t belong. It already feels like Janine is being shoe horned in. Granted no one really knows how they fit in, but with the movie primarily set in a different city/state, I can’t see some of these cameos making sense or even working. It doesn’t bother me one bit Rick Moranis isn’t involved. I don’t want a finale with 10 proton pack wielding characters crossing the streams or whatever.

Seeing the OG team suit up is something I’d love to see. But it has to make story sense. It can’t be because “Well the fans will love it” or any such contrived non sense. Frankly knowing that Venkman suits up kinda worries me. Does that seem like Venkman to anyone? Knowing what we know about how long the OG team shot...I just can’t see the movie spending the time to set up the original characters beyond a few scenes. We’re in trouble if they just show up out the blue and save the day. I’m conflicted on it.
I still think Weaver and Potts are going to be a pre-intro de-aged cameo, setting up why Egon left. The others can be in that scene and back later on at their current age when this new threat kicks off.
tylergfoster liked this
Dr.D wrote: September 17th, 2020, 11:55 am Unless Muncher makes it all the way to the end of the movie, I'm still doubtful he eats anything but the license plate. Remember in the shot from the Bill Murray interview, the car looked pretty intact while filming what alot of people are assuming was the finale given the farmhouse was reconstructed on stage.
Gonna depend if they can fix it before the end of the movie. But him destroying their stuff at the end of the second act sounds like a good call to get the old crew back in the saddle.

We already know
This Post Contains Spoilers
. Perhaps they succeed.
deadderek liked this
At first I thought that would be absurd that Dana would sleep with Luis Tully... But then I realized they totally did already in the first movie!

But then again, that's a huuugee stretch and I maybe would have believed it if not for the GBII purgatory garbage. No way in hell Jason would write that.

If they died on the roof in the first movie, then how did Egon tell Dana in 1985 and how did all of their stuff get to the farmhouse? lmao

edit: if you google the reddit users name, it appears the person is from the UK so I really doubt Sony would be doing screenings outside of LA...
JonXCTrack wrote: September 17th, 2020, 10:49 am I'm going to guess that Muncher eats part of the front end of the Ecto-1, and that the black tarp is covering "bite marks."
The one big thing that discredits that idea for me (it's not a bad theory, though), is that the front end of a 1960 Cadillac is never going to pass for the front end of a 1959:

Kingpin wrote: September 17th, 2020, 2:13 pm The one big thing that discredits that idea for me (it's not a bad theory, though), is that the front end of a 1960 Cadillac is never going to pass for the front end of a 1959:
Sure... but it would be way easier to find the front end of a '59 Caddy Eldorado than it is to find a complete '59 Caddy Ambulance.

If this car is chopped in to pieces anyway, the front end of a sedan would be indistinguishable from an ambulance.

Corey91 liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: September 17th, 2020, 8:58 am Someone posted on Reddit (it's since been removed) that Callie is the lovechild of Louis and Dana, who was given up for adoption and the only person that knew about it was Egon. The poster also claimed that the Ghostbusters were pulled into purgatory at the end of the first movie, and that Ghostbusters 2 took place in purgatory, allowing them to return to Earth. I am not bothering to flag this with a spoiler tag as it is so blatantly made up.
If someone would actually believe that, please don't mention anything about QAnon to them...
groschopf, deadderek liked this
robbritton wrote: September 17th, 2020, 12:24 pm

Agreed. Dana even being in this movie seems a bit odd. I don’t want fan service for the sake of a 3 line cameo. If it doesn’t gel with the story, it doesn’t belong. It already feels like Janine is being shoe horned in. Granted no one really knows how they fit in, but with the movie primarily set in a different city/state, I can’t see some of these cameos making sense or even working. It doesn’t bother me one bit Rick Moranis isn’t involved. I don’t want a finale with 10 proton pack wielding characters crossing the streams or whatever.

Seeing the OG team suit up is something I’d love to see. But it has to make story sense. It can’t be because “Well the fans will love it” or any such contrived non sense. Frankly knowing that Venkman suits up kinda worries me. Does that seem like Venkman to anyone? Knowing what we know about how long the OG team shot...I just can’t see the movie spending the time to set up the original characters beyond a few scenes. We’re in trouble if they just show up out the blue and save the day. I’m conflicted on it.
I still think Weaver and Potts are going to be a pre-intro de-aged cameo, setting up why Egon left. The others can be in that scene and back later on at their current age when this new threat kicks off.

Anything is possible, but I think De-Aging is more of a Disney thing. Or something that would be done in a bigger franchise. Ghostbusters is an epic scale comedy, but I don't think it is quite THAT level. Afterall Jason Reitman has already saved a lot of money on de-aging by using the unused dailys footage for the trailer. If Egon's ghost somesow shows up I can see them doing some deaging with that. Of course have no idea if even that is going to happen. ;)
Alphagaia wrote: September 17th, 2020, 1:36 pm
Dr.D wrote: September 17th, 2020, 11:55 am Unless Muncher makes it all the way to the end of the movie, I'm still doubtful he eats anything but the license plate. Remember in the shot from the Bill Murray interview, the car looked pretty intact while filming what alot of people are assuming was the finale given the farmhouse was reconstructed on stage.
Gonna depend if they can fix it before the end of the movie. But him destroying their stuff at the end of the second act sounds like a good call to get the old crew back in the saddle.

We already know
This Post Contains Spoilers
. Perhaps they succeed.
Oh that is kind of what I am thinking too. Seeing the stills with the remote controlled Ghost Trap make me believe that they do sucessfully capture Muncher. I also heard rumors of some kind of roller skating Granny ghost that makes an appearence. I think the kids succeed in catching a few ghosts. Then like you said something happens in the second act where Muncher gets released and damages the Ecto 1 and the mini pufts destroy the equipment in the lab. Then the OGs show up help fix up the car and equipment and lead us to the final act. :):):)
Last edited by Kingpin on September 18th, 2020, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed broken quote code
robbritton liked this
Sony has delayed its October 2020 animated film Connected to an unspecified 2020 date.

https://twitter.com/adambvary/status/13 ... 3334402048

Stands to reason we could be seeing Ghostbusters: Afterlife move again soon, although I think whatever moves they do will be more incremental (for example, shifting it to May 2021).
groschopf, pizzarat liked this
robbritton wrote: September 17th, 2020, 12:24 pm

I doubt very much that there will be any de aging sequences. The VFX companies who are really known to do that kind of work aren’t part of this movie. ILM, Weta and Luma, Digital Domain & Important Looking Pirates. None of those firms are part of GBA. So far MPC, Double Negative & Sony Imageworks are the companies providing VFX.

Plus it’s really expensive to pull off and I don’t think any companIt’s has done a great job of it. The Irishman was ridiculous in its budget and it wasnt very convincing. I’ve seen deepfakes get better results.
droidguy1119 wrote: September 17th, 2020, 5:29 pm Sony has delayed its October 2020 animated film Connected to an unspecified 2020 date.

https://twitter.com/adambvary/status/13 ... 3334402048

Stands to reason we could be seeing Ghostbusters: Afterlife move again soon, although I think whatever moves they do will be more incremental (for example, shifting it to May 2021).

If GB:Afterlife gets pushed back 1 month before schedule I would go absolutely bananas.
groschopf wrote: September 16th, 2020, 8:04 pm Have these already been discussed?

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFMW9DlAucV/
Leaked? or are these in stores? If that's the GB3 slimer design I am one happy camper!
They're not leaked, they're showing up on the shelves of retailers in the United Kingdom.

Don't get excited, those Slimer images are pretty old and get re-used over and over.
Kingpin liked this
Im going to venture a guess that Ghostbusters Afterlife is going to be either delayed out of March (if so we should have an announcement from sony by the end of the year) or they just might bite the bullet and put it on digital at some point.
Jason himself is pushing for a theatrical release, it would likely just be delayed again rather than dump it on digital.
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
Could be coincidence.

Coon has other projects starting or coming put, and Jason just finished some additional shooting and they're wrapping things up.

Moranis after credit scene. He's driving the Ecto-1 A from NY to Oklahoma. He stops under the Summerville sign.

LOUIS: "Ok guys, I'm here to help!"

Jump back into the car, take a turn, the car fall on its side.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]