By Anjin84
with the PSPP coming with a tube connection, I can't help but dream we will get a Spanglers proton pack to fit with the Neutrona wand. The packs out there are amazing, however i am more of a Spirit Halloween budget kind of guy. I would easily shell out 2-300 for a mass produced 1/1 proton pack. Eslecially after seeing the PSNW. What do you think?
VenomSymbiote liked this
By Mercifull
I’ll be honest, I think it’s extremely unlikely. The wand also doubles as a display piece which a pack would not. I don’t think there’s enough profit in it for Hasbro.
deadderek liked this
By VenomSymbiote
I noticed the extra battery cover and instantly hoped for the same thing. Same as you my budget just does not cover a full on 2-3k pack so Spirit Halloween sorts of props are more in my price range. I wouldn't even mind a 200 dollar pack if it was well made. Even if it didn't come with an Alice frame. Even if it doesn't get made the wand is really great and I love that it came with lights and sounds from the game for the various pack upgrades. Even if Hasbro doesn't make a pack to connect to this you could probably hobble something together that's inexpensive to connect it to. Let's hope they have one next year for the release of the third film, or maybe for next Halloween if the film is a success.
gamera1968 liked this
By gamera1968
VenomSymbiote wrote: September 5th, 2020, 9:11 am I noticed the extra battery cover and instantly hoped for the same thing. Same as you my budget just does not cover a full on 2-3k pack so Spirit Halloween sorts of props are more in my price range. I wouldn't even mind a 200 dollar pack if it was well made. Even if it didn't come with an Alice frame. Even if it doesn't get made the wand is really great and I love that it came with lights and sounds from the game for the various pack upgrades. Even if Hasbro doesn't make a pack to connect to this you could probably hobble something together that's inexpensive to connect it to. Let's hope they have one next year for the release of the third film, or maybe for next Halloween if the film is a success.
Whether or not it happens depends on numerous factors.
Hopefully it will be a reality someday. But until then, I know a lot of us will connect it to our existing homemade packs for the time being. And I for one am one of those since it has all the sound effects I've always wanted for my pack because it only has lights. I'm also planning on making a new pack with more sturdy Sintra board compared to my all-cardboard pack. So I'm happy either way with the Plasma Series Neutrona wand to be honest. :)
By deadderek
I have extreme doubts on them doing a full size pack, and it were to happen people are being delusional thinking it would be only a couple hundred bucks.
By RedSpecial
This topic comes up every time there's a mass produced replica of a peice of GB equipment.

It's extremely unlikely given the scale, complexity and cost of such a thing.
Especially for a 1:1 scale example.
Not to mention the vast compromises in construction and accuracy that would be needed to keep costs low enough to make it viable for Hasbro to manufacture and even then the rrp would likely be fairly high.
And that's before folks start to mod them to increase their accuracy as they already have with the thrower.

Where the pack itself is concerned, the many and varied options for parts made by community members still remain to be the best option.
By VenomSymbiote
I know the Spirit Halloween pack is smaller than the normal packs. Would it be possible to put the Plasma wand on it without much trouble? As well as not ruining the lights. I'm not really good with tinkering and even less so with electronics. If it wouldn't look bad, was relatively easy, and I could keep the functionality of both without fully committing the wand to the pack (like permanently bolting it to the thing or whatever), I may consider swapping it in.
By Kingpin
I'd dispute the "not much trouble" belief. You'd need to install a new hook system, as the default setup on the Spirit Pack is incompatible with the Spengler Thrower, and the Spengler Thrower's one-half of the V-Hook is compatible with the current setup on the Spirit Pack.

And you'd need to move the electronics from the Spirit Thrower and place them in the Pack, and then come up with a way to be able to activate them whilst they remained separate from the Spengler Thrower (if you want the lights on the Pack to still be activated, of course).

It's doable, but it's not going to be a cakewalk.
deadderek liked this
By err404
I think Hasbro hopes to make a pack, but it’s not likely that it will be feasible. Matty also had plans for a pack, but sales of GB props had fallen to far to justify it. I expect Hasbro to make a few more smaller props first, and if sales hold up we might see a pack. Maybe they could do a crowd funding campaign to secure preorders. I would expect a minimum price of $300. Having built a pack before, It would not be hard to mass produce. It is big, but I have comparable sized toys for my kids that are in the one hundred dollar range. It all comes down to demand.
By deadderek
err404 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 8:26 am I think Hasbro hopes to make a pack, but it’s not likely that it will be feasible. Matty also had plans for a pack, but sales of GB props had fallen to far to justify it. I expect Hasbro to make a few more smaller props first, and if sales hold up we might see a pack. Maybe they could do a crowd funding campaign to secure preorders. I would expect a minimum price of $300. Having built a pack before, It would not be hard to mass produce. It is big, but I have comparable sized toys for my kids that are in the one hundred dollar range. It all comes down to demand.
Pipe dream.
Mercifull, RedSpecial liked this
By Ectojeff88
If Spirit Halloween can make a reasonable pack for $70, Hasbro could absolutely make something a step higher in quality in the $200 range.

I have no doubt they have big plans for this license. The Kenner retro figures and this wand are 2 of the biggest early indicators that they REALLY care. Even the kids toy Afterlife wand looks pretty amazing too! The team also clearly has the corporate support that was never really there with Mattel.

If Hasbro took scans of the wand on set, I am certain they scanned the PKE Meter, Trap, the pack, goggles and new equipment we haven’t seen yet. The adult size pack may not happen exactly as we have all dreamed about, but it is absolutely more possible than ever before.
By deadderek
jonogunn wrote: September 7th, 2020, 6:58 pm Always wondered why spirit couldn’t just make a full size pack. 80% to 100% surely isn’t that big a cost difference
IIRC it's something to do with they don't have a license to make a full size one for whatever bizarre reason. Possibly a conflict with the license Anovos has. Memory is fuzzy on it.
By err404
jonogunn wrote: September 7th, 2020, 6:58 pm Always wondered why spirit couldn’t just make a full size pack. 80% to 100% surely isn’t that big a cost difference
80% is roughly 50% the volume of full scale. And that is just the pack. The spirt wand is less than 80%. Also the Spirit pack would need allot more detail and a frame at full scale.
I still think it is doable, but it would too much for a Halloween costume store.
deadderek liked this
By VenomSymbiote
Ectojeff88 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 11:20 am If Spirit Halloween can make a reasonable pack for $70, Hasbro could absolutely make something a step higher in quality in the $200 range.

I have no doubt they have big plans for this license. The Kenner retro figures and this wand are 2 of the biggest early indicators that they REALLY care. Even the kids toy Afterlife wand looks pretty amazing too! The team also clearly has the corporate support that was never really there with Mattel.

If Hasbro took scans of the wand on set, I am certain they scanned the PKE Meter, Trap, the pack, goggles and new equipment we haven’t seen yet. The adult size pack may not happen exactly as we have all dreamed about, but it is absolutely more possible than ever before.
Man I hope so. I love my two Spirit Halloween packs but a pricier (yet affordable) more film accurate pack would be great. I get that they likely want to test the waters with things like PKEs, Traps, etc, but wouldn't that potentially get people burned out on the props? Like if you're going to do a pack why not do one up front right away so people want to jump on it? My line of thinking is likely wrong, stupid, or somewhere in between so I'm just being curious. I know for me personally there's some things I wouldn't buy like the goggles, but would 100% buy like the pack. So if people pass on one prop because it's just not something they want or need could give them the wrong idea about if people would buy into a pack.

Somewhat unrelated but as for the wand in the movie I really like the wooden front grip. I like wood grain in general so I think it's a really nice addition to the thrower. Much nicer than the basic grip. These are the kind of alterations I don't mind at all.
By gamera1968
VenomSymbiote wrote: September 5th, 2020, 9:11 am I noticed the extra battery cover and instantly hoped for the same thing. Same as you my budget just does not cover a full on 2-3k pack so Spirit Halloween sorts of props are more in my price range. I wouldn't even mind a 200 dollar pack if it was well made. Even if it didn't come with an Alice frame. Even if it doesn't get made the wand is really great and I love that it came with lights and sounds from the game for the various pack upgrades. Even if Hasbro doesn't make a pack to connect to this you could probably hobble something together that's inexpensive to connect it to. Let's hope they have one next year for the release of the third film, or maybe for next Halloween if the film is a success.

Where do you see an extra battery cover? Do you have a pic of it?
If so, you may be onto something now that I think about it.
By Mercifull
gamera1968 wrote: September 8th, 2020, 10:20 am Where do you see an extra battery cover? Do you have a pic of it?
This.

It’s just an adapter that you can attach a hose to. However there are no electrical contacts for any sort of wired connection to a pack regardless of manufacturer.
gamera1968 liked this
By gamera1968
Mercifull wrote: September 8th, 2020, 12:47 pm
gamera1968 wrote: September 8th, 2020, 10:20 am Where do you see an extra battery cover? Do you have a pic of it?
This.

It’s just an adapter that you can attach a hose to. However there are no electrical contacts for any sort of wired connection to a pack regardless of manufacturer.
This I knew about. Thanks Merciful. :)
By VenomSymbiote
This.

Yeah it wouldn't give you any real control over what the lights and/or sound on the pack itself did. However you could just have the pack blink in the basic cyclotron circle and the blue power cell pulse. Have all that on a separate switch on the pack itself. So you'd be walking around with your pack flashing and then just pull out the wand when you want to make some busting noise. I'd hope the pack could come with the theme song too but I've no idea how high that'd raise the cost. I can just stick the song on my phone anyway so it's a nonissue.
By jonogunn
VenomSymbiote wrote: September 10th, 2020, 4:24 pm

This.

Yeah it wouldn't give you any real control over what the lights and/or sound on the pack itself did. However you could just have the pack blink in the basic cyclotron circle and the blue power cell pulse. Have all that on a separate switch on the pack itself. So you'd be walking around with your pack flashing and then just pull out the wand when you want to make some busting noise. I'd hope the pack could come with the theme song too but I've no idea how high that'd raise the cost. I can just stick the song on my phone anyway so it's a nonissue.
This is exactly what I plan on doing with my EVA Foam pack I made.

The whole arduino lights and sound stuff was a headache to learn and hard to find direct tutorials. There was only one YouTube video I found that showed almost step by step how to set up power cell and cyclotron lights on the pack so I was able to get that going.

I was struggling getting my 3D wand to look and do the things I want it to. Didn’t know how to do lights and sound. Couldn’t find a proper sized clear acrylic tube for a decent price. And I really like the look of the wand with the tube retracted but I couldn’t figure out how to do that as well and I was quite discouraged. (I finished the pack in February but have been u motivated to finish the wand).
So I give up and I’m just gonna have a switch for the pack lights attached at the bottom of the motherboard by my lower part of the Alice frame and attach the neutrona wand and be done with it!
By Zantsumei
Ok guys, I got my Plasma Series wand..... only issue is now, when I switch modes and press the fire button the LEDS wont fade away when i let go of the fire button..... sometimes it just freezes and the LEDS wont stop until i shake it lightly or turn the unit off...SOMETIMES if I lightly hit the side or shake it it will function normally..... when fired it creates a beam and fires as it should.... the correct colors appear for the correct modes. green/blue/orange/purple So i think there maybe is a cold solder point somewhere in the gun thats lose? where would i even look for something like this.... ?
By One time
Zantsumei wrote: September 17th, 2020, 2:30 pm Ok guys, I got my Plasma Series wand..... only issue is now, when I switch modes and press the fire button the LEDS wont fade away when i let go of the fire button..... sometimes it just freezes and the LEDS wont stop until i shake it lightly or turn the unit off...SOMETIMES if I lightly hit the side or shake it it will function normally..... when fired it creates a beam and fires as it should.... the correct colors appear for the correct modes. green/blue/orange/purple So i think there maybe is a cold solder point somewhere in the gun thats lose? where would i even look for something like this.... ?
I'd just return it and get one that works right.

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]