Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Sayscalled wrote: July 1st, 2020, 3:09 pm Without going into specific spoiler territory... I'll just say, I thought the ending was foreshadowing GB 2. I mean, this arc DID take place not long after the events in 1984.

I dont see the correlation... can you elaborate without spoilers?
Bison256 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 8:01 am Without spoiling it, is the ending a reference to afterlife? If so its so vague I don't see the point.
It could be if you don't count, well, that he died once then got resurrected then targeted by Death, lol. I do suspect Winston's computer line at the end of #1 might be another allusion to Afterlife. Whereas, Ray and Peter's endings in #2 and #3 were allusions to GB2.
mrmichaelt wrote: July 1st, 2020, 4:03 pm
Bison256 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 8:01 am Without spoiling it, is the ending a reference to afterlife? If so its so vague I don't see the point.
It could be if you don't count, well, that he died once then got resurrected then targeted by Death, lol. I do suspect Winston's computer line at the end of #1 might be another allusion to Afterlife. Whereas, Ray and Peter's endings in #2 and #3 were allusions to GB2.
Actually he died and was resurrected twice if you count The Other Side, which I personal don't. I didn't care for the early one shots.
janeb984 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 3:11 pm
Sayscalled wrote: July 1st, 2020, 3:09 pm Without going into specific spoiler territory... I'll just say, I thought the ending was foreshadowing GB 2. I mean, this arc DID take place not long after the events in 1984.
I dont see the correlation... can you elaborate without spoilers?
Color of the slime. Demonic being.
mrmichaelt wrote: July 1st, 2020, 8:19 pm
Bison256 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 8:12 pm I just realized possible foreshadowing aside the ending is a reference to
This Post Contains Spoilers
Hmm. How so?
This Post Contains Spoilers
I can't remember anything specific but I swear the comic is an homage to a specific scene. Maybe I'll remember tomorrow.
Last edited by Bison256 on July 1st, 2020, 9:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Have the comics ever addressed the celebrity paradox? As of 101 and crossing over there have been a few jokes and references to Bill and Dan's other famous films. But thinking on that I wonder what Saturday Night Live was like in the ghostbusters universe? Obliviously stripes, the blues brothers, spies like us and groundhogs day were never made. The only exception would be in the animated universe. Yet the animated ghostbusters never said "Peter you look like Bill Murray!" during Get Real.
Bison256 wrote: July 15th, 2020, 11:01 am Have the comics ever addressed the celebrity paradox?
Not to date as far as I recall.

Personally? I'd love for them to showcase IDW Bill Murray as looking like Lorenzo Music's Peter Venkman, and Dan Aykroyd looking like Frank Welker's Ray Stantz. :)
zeta otaku liked this
October solicits are posted. No new GB. :walterpeck:

So far on Diamond's site, the Year One trade paperback is still set for October 7 despite it being removed on Amazon.

EDIT 8/1: Year One trade paperback's digital release is now September 30.
By Dsyfer
Do you guys know the reason why they changed Janine's appearance the B cover for issue #4 from what's shown in the solicit and what was printed?
Lattie submits a few versions of a variant cover instead of just one and whoever makes the call picks one to be the final version. At the solicit phase, there was probably some mix-up or the final decision came after the solicit was submitted and it turned out to be for a different cover.
Dsyfer liked this
By Bison256
I had a silly thought as I woke up this morning, a one shot comic expanding on what happened to Ray in Dan's cameo in Casper. I wonder if it would even be affordable for IDW since they'ed have to get permission from *Harvey comics and the movie studio.
*Corrected publisher.
Last edited by Bison256 on August 17th, 2020, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Fritz
Bison256 wrote: August 17th, 2020, 1:06 pm I had a silly thought as I woke up this morning, a one shot comic expanding on what happened to Ray in Dan's cameo in Casper. I wonder if it would even be affordable for IDW since they'ed have to get permission from Archie comics and the movie studio.
Yeah, probably too many IPs to navigate there. Though if anybody could manage that it'd be IDW, the crossover kings.

Ah well, until it happens there's always the fan fics. :blush:
Hmm, if I recall Casper's manor is usually set in Friendship, Maine. Could be a case that comes across Melanie Ortiz's desk. But as Fritz said, getting permission may be difficult. And if we're talking existing crossovers, there are a couple sequels we could see next year like a third TMNT/GB or second Transformers/GB (although if you've followed this thread you all know I'm very happy with no crossover stories for a long time but I admit they make the big bucks that keeps the GB comics around). As far as new ones, IDW just did a Transformers/Back To The Future one... and if I recall right, Erik pitched a Beetlejuice one early last year but I wonder if there were problems getting permissions to use him.

As far as his other ideas he never did yet, I wouldn't mind seeing what his ideas for a djinn, witches (was it a one off or was it connected to Shelly from Haunted America), other competing companies, Ray's spirit guide asking for help, entities made manifest like the Vathek, and Krampus were.

Or when/if others will return like Hel (and Fenrisulfr and Jormungandr), Rodefhiri, Sandman (possibly with his "children"), Aibell, Death, and Chi-You (3rd TMNT crossover probably). Or what happened with the ghost of Edgar Allen Poe after the events of Year One #1. And of course the cryptic ghost at the end of Year One #4. One I never quite got was the ghost from 101 #1 that was intrigued by the incursion by the 101 Cadets - was it going to return or was it just a visual and in-universe nod to the ghosts Rowan allied with.

Or what's up with these "Predators" Tiamat kept bringing up in Crossing Over.
Kingpin wrote: August 18th, 2020, 2:17 am There's also the loose thread of the ghosts in Japan that's yet to be picked-up.
Which ghosts? The ghost attached to Janine in Get Real #4 was just a gag and resolved o.s. or you mean what the embassy worker said about the Japanese government's demand to make sure none of the local ghosts were angered by Janine and Kylie's teleportation to Japan?

Or a concern about the yurei in the Aokigahara Forest the Chicago Ghostbusters used the atomizing stream on? Ron did claim he resolved the flaw that led to the Megaspook. Hrm. Yeah, that could be dubious.
By Kingpin
mrmichaelt wrote: August 18th, 2020, 2:56 am
Kingpin wrote: August 18th, 2020, 2:17 am There's also the loose thread of the ghosts in Japan that's yet to be picked-up.
Which ghosts? The ghost attached to Janine in Get Real #4 was just a gag and resolved o.s. or you mean what the embassy worker said about the Japanese government's demand to make sure none of the local ghosts were angered by Janine and Kylie's teleportation to Japan?
Ah, I thought the lingering one in the mirror wasn't resolved? My mistake then, it's been a while since I read Get Real.
mrmichaelt liked this
Kingpin wrote: August 18th, 2020, 11:35 am Ah, I thought the lingering one in the mirror wasn't resolved? My mistake then, it's been a while since I read Get Real.
No worries, I asked Erik about it in an interview so the answer wasn't in the comics itself. His reply was "That one was, honestly, just a fun gag to end the comic. So no follow-ups (in the near term, anyway!)" So I guess there's a slight chance he might revisit it.
By Kingpin
I think a foray over to Japan would make for an interesting arc, raising the issue of the guys' apprehension post-Ghostbusters International about spending time away from New York, the culture shock of such a similar yet different society, the rich paranormal culture of Japan, and further establishing the influence of Ghostbusters across the globe. :)
Kingpin wrote: August 19th, 2020, 4:29 am I think a foray over to Japan would make for an interesting arc, raising the issue of the guys' apprehension post-Ghostbusters International about spending time away from New York, the culture shock of such a similar yet different society, the rich paranormal culture of Japan, and further establishing the influence of Ghostbusters across the globe. :)
Agreed and I thought it was the right move to show they weren't as welcoming of the Ghostbusters because of their cultural beliefs although not as oert as when the Ghostbusters arrived in New Orleans during the Haunted America arc and had to deal with protestors. Or a more even despite being clearly infested with paranormal activity, Chicago wasn't keen on Rookie setting up his franchise there and tried saddling him with red tape until someone found a loophole and sent Ron.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By Sayscalled
Regarding the Year One TPB, is it still scheduled to be released? I know it was taken off Amazon, but I preordered it well before the pandemic. I just want to know if I should still expect it...or expect a refund? Any info would be great. Thanks!
By mrmichaelt
Sayscalled wrote: September 6th, 2020, 8:51 pm Regarding the Year One TPB, is it still scheduled to be released? I know it was taken off Amazon, but I preordered it well before the pandemic. I just want to know if I should still expect it...or expect a refund? Any info would be great. Thanks!
I did as well back when it first appeared and am waiting to see what Amazon does. But Diamond still has and always had it listed for October 7. So I mean... it's still possible. If Amazon updates the page again or sends an email, it'll be this month. I'd say just hang on a little longer and don't cancel it.
Sayscalled liked this
By iam8114
Sayscalled wrote: September 6th, 2020, 8:51 pm Regarding the Year One TPB, is it still scheduled to be released? I know it was taken off Amazon, but I preordered it well before the pandemic. I just want to know if I should still expect it...or expect a refund? Any info would be great. Thanks!
If you preordered it from Amazon you won't pay for it until it ships. Just fyi.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]