Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Kingpin wrote: September 4th, 2020, 5:28 am
jonogunn wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 4:33 pm Can any anyone tell me what ext to cable on the pack I need to buy to look like the Afterlife version?

I’ll be attaching this wand to it so might as well make it as accurate as possible
Most people use 3/4" Split wire loom: Link.

Edit: Whoops, suggested 1/4" when it should've been 3/4".
Sorry but I was referring to the extra cable that is on top of the ribbon cable shown in the afterlife version only and doesn’t exist in the gb1/gb2 version

Last edited by jonogunn on September 5th, 2020, 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mercifull wrote: September 5th, 2020, 1:09 amImage

Not my photo just sharing here. If you cut off the rubber there’s not a full grip underneath so it would need a 3D printed part. I’m not taking mine off so someone else will have to design that part, I’m afraid.
Nice, was waiting for this. Was looking to just re-wrap the handle with real tape, so might just either cut one of the extra resin handles I have have and affix it, or just keep the bottom bit of the rubber tape for shape and wrap around that.

Decisions decisions.
gamera1968 liked this
jonogunn wrote: September 5th, 2020, 2:48 am Sorry but I was referring to the extra cable that is on top of the ribbon cable shown in the afterlife version only and doesn’t exist in the gb1/gb2 version
Ah, gotcha. While some fans have found some pretty close matches, I don't think anything's been definitively sourced as that new cable as we're still very thin on the ground when it comes to reference material. Once we get a few more shots of the Pack in detail, and with good lighting, we'll probably see a definitive listing for the type of hose used on the new cable get posted here on the forum.
hutto wrote: September 5th, 2020, 1:25 pm Gamestop shipped my wand. Will be here Wednesday.

The cool part? The lady had removed the charge from my account and it has not shown back up. Lets hope it stays that way.
Free neutrona wand because of the screw-up?

Nice. :cool:
gamera1968 wrote: September 5th, 2020, 7:31 pm
hutto wrote: September 5th, 2020, 1:25 pm Gamestop shipped my wand. Will be here Wednesday.

The cool part? The lady had removed the charge from my account and it has not shown back up. Lets hope it stays that way.
Free neutrona wand because of the screw-up?

Nice. :cool:
Time will tell. It wont be picked up until, Tuesday.
gamera1968 liked this
Mercifull wrote: September 5th, 2020, 1:09 amImage

Not my photo just sharing here. If you cut off the rubber there’s not a full grip underneath so it would need a 3D printed part. I’m not taking mine off so someone else will have to design that part, I’m afraid.
Thanks for the photo! Now I know I can remove mine (when it arrives on Sept. 9th) and hopefully someone will offer a 3D printed grip to fill in that empty space.
Sorry I won’t be able to help with that as I don’t want to take mine off. If you give me all the dimensions I could have a go at making a back grip but you’d have to print yourself and it might need a few revisions. I’m on version 3 of my front grip mod.
gamera1968 liked this
Mercifull wrote: September 6th, 2020, 2:06 am Sorry I won’t be able to help with that as I don’t want to take mine off. If you give me all the dimensions I could have a go at making a back grip but you’d have to print yourself and it might need a few revisions. I’m on version 3 of my front grip mod.
No worries! I was asking if anyone would be making a 3D printed grip - not you specifically. ;)
I have a feeling it will happen in due time.
jonogunn wrote: September 6th, 2020, 11:03 pm Has anyone tried replacing the vhook yet?
AJ has test-fitted the Spengler Thrower with a full V-Hook, which seems to fit it with minimal work (he describes installing the V-Hook sold in the store here as "a direct bolt on").
Darth_Egon wrote: September 6th, 2020, 4:41 pm I have mine and I’m starting to mod it. Does any one know how the bottom track comes off by chance? Once you remove the hook there’s nothing under it that I can see on how to remove it.
There are four hidden screws underneath black filler discs. You need to drill these out to access the screws underneath.

Looks like AJ has tricked out his Spengler wand. It would be great if he could share some tear down photos to help others mod theirs too :)

hutto liked this
Anyone gonna try drilling out those dummy bolts on the front handle and replace them with real hex screws? Wouldn't want to drill too greedily or deep on em and mess up something in barrel but looks like it could be done. I got an unbuilt thrower from BenofKent which I will retrofit parts from for this :) glad everything is a pretty easy swap.
We got one!

It finally arrived today. And its beautiful!

I already removed the 'duct tape' along with the false rear handle. There are numerous screws under the 'duct tape' with 3 hidden under those screw hole covers. Used the dremel and a small drill head to get those out of the way. I also had to cut down three, 1/2 half inch high 'tubes' which were under the half handle.

I also had to cut away the rear piece of the false handle (just forward of the battery compartment end cap/ pack split loom adapter) and then sanded it smooth. I had to place a thin piece of EVA foam under my original neutrona wand rear handle and then wrapped that sucker in electrical tape - because it looks better than army green duct tape.

The 'shot gun' handle I couldn't remove so I just covered it with the second handle from my homemade nuetrona wand, painted any of the 'wood' parts with flat black acrylic paint, and let that dry. That was then wrapped in black electrical tape... because why not?

I eventually plan on fixing the bent trigger by the end of the wand barrel with something more sturdier than rubber.
Or at least I think its rubber. It shouldn't be hard to remedy that and the loose banjo fitting. Any ideas are appreciated!

Lastly, I used the proton pack screw in adapter and then placed the end of my 3/4 inch OD split loom over that and temporarily secured it with some electrical tape. But the odd thing is that it seems to be too small for the back of the adapter piece. :sigh:

Looks like I have to purchase 1 inch OD split loom tubing for the new pack I plan on making over the course of the next few months. I also touched up some of the weathering. It looks better overall, IMHO.

I'm going to keep the rubber grip on mine as I kind of like it being a homage to Afterlife specifically. I doubt I'll change anything out of the box, because there's always a chance we'll get an original style wand in the future. Although I'm sure you guys will be able to produce some awesome Afterlife mods in any case!

We have to see some camera goggles at some point... surely?

Those Fright Features ghosts are what I'm mostly anticipating. In a way it's kind of great we've had this anticipation delayed for a full year. More time to afford the merch!
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: September 8th, 2020, 2:07 am I'm going to keep the rubber grip on mine as I kind of like it being a homage to Afterlife specifically. I doubt I'll change anything out of the box, because there's always a chance we'll get an original style wand in the future. Although I'm sure you guys will be able to produce some awesome Afterlife mods in any case!

We have to see some camera goggles at some point... surely?

Those Fright Features ghosts are what I'm mostly anticipating. In a way it's kind of great we've had this anticipation delayed for a full year. More time to afford the merch!
I have another one on pre-order from Hasbro Pulse. That one I will leave as-is and kept on display. Whenever it arrives.
I too would like to see what other mods you guys are doing. Aside from what mods I already did, I still want to fix the bent trigger and loose banjo fitting on the business end of the wand. I might just make another trigger out of 2mm sintra, since I just received the 2 by 4 foot sheet by USPS mail today.

That's going to be used for my more sturdy and screen-accurate pack.
I'd wait till the hasbro show in a couple weeks before I chopped up my wand. Just in case they decide to do a classic wand. I doubt we'll get much. They changed the walmart trap box art to match the rest of the line up, kinda worried they won't do a high end trap now. I'm guessing we'll get some afterlife goggles
hutto wrote: September 9th, 2020, 7:45 pm Alright... after running the proton stream until it overheats... It shuts off. I have to turn off all switches and restart.

That normal? I dont remember it shutting off entirely.
I believe Ben Eadie and Eric Reich confirmed that happens when they appeared in separate interviews as one of the nods to Ghostbusters: The Video Game. Around 24:27 in the top video (Jason's).

mrmichaelt wrote: September 9th, 2020, 8:28 pm
hutto wrote: September 9th, 2020, 7:45 pm Alright... after running the proton stream until it overheats... It shuts off. I have to turn off all switches and restart.

That normal? I dont remember it shutting off entirely.
I believe Ben Eadie and Eric Reich confirmed that happens when they appeared in separate interviews as one of the nods to Ghostbusters: The Video Game. Around 24:27 in the top video (Jason's).

I ended up scanning through every video. My son had grabbed it without asking, and I had assumed he broke it.
You aren't the first to be caught out by it. Other people have posted in various social media groups that have also switched it on in the wrong order and complained that sounds or lights aren't working.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]