Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By heroquestelf
I have a two questions. I found something in the original Ghostbusters movie that I *think* is either a reference or an homage to "The Shining", and I would like either:

A:) to know if anyone here can confirm my suspicions.

OR

B.) If anyone here knows if Mr. Ivan Reitman answers fan mail and/or has an address I can send my question to.

Here is the question in short. Near the end of the movie there is a hallway shot where the Ghostbusters are entering Dana Barrett's apartment. In the foreground on the side of the hallway is a Big Wheel. Now, the simple fact is that NOTHING that is in a scene like that is going to be there on accident. Everything in that scene was chosen deliberately. I have a hard time believing that they would put a Big Wheel in the hotel hallway and it not be a nod to "The Shining". Can anyone confirm?

By Kingpin
It's never been confirmed to be a reference to The Shining. I've always interpreted it as belonging to one of the apartment building's tenants' children.
By Tasky
heroquestelf wrote: August 8th, 2020, 8:30 amNow, the simple fact is that NOTHING that is in a scene like that is going to be there on accident. Everything in that scene was chosen deliberately. I have a hard time believing that they would put a Big Wheel in the hotel hallway and it not be a nod to "The Shining".
There's also a kid riding a Weyland-Yutani branded Bigwheel down a hallway in a deleted scene of Aliens, in a vaguely similar fashion, but I've never heard any mention of a possible connection/homage to The Shining. If anything, it's usually a reference to the Bigwheel in The Terminator, Cameron being the director of both that and Aliens.
By Glenn Frederick
The Real Ghostbusters second intro shows a Big Wheel that's drawn to look very similar to the one in the Movie.
Now I don't know if it's a Shining Reference but it seems odd that they would include a Big Wheel in the RGB intro and have it almost the same exact colours as the one in the film?
By Wyldfyre1
Wondering same! Just saw this again after many years, with my son and that's the first time I have actually noticed the big wheel and I said to my husband do you think that's in reference to The Shining! I think so.
beadeddragon liked this
    Ray's Denim Jacket (GB1)

Jealous.

Weathering, because they won't stay new looking fo[…]

@Specter Mitcher - Either way, any proton pack wou[…]

Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Nice! That's awesome! I like how lately, he has be[…]