Definitely some exciting news to share. After a lot of searching I was able to track down 2 of the correct Grimes, front bumper strobe lights! These things are so freaking expensive.

My question, does anyone know of anyone that makes the front strobe light bracket? I reached out to one person and they no longer do it.

As always, stay tuned, more to come!

James

mwilkinson liked this
By Bison256
It seems a shame to turn it into an ecto sense it's in such good shape, but hey its your car. Stupid question: Do you ever experience anything weird when you're driving or working on the car? Online I sometimes see stories from people who use a old hearse as a daily driver, weird knocking sounds(that could easily be mechanical), feeling they're not alone etc. I'm curious because while I dont believe in the paranormal, least not in the way people on internet forums like r/paranormal or similar do, I wonder if there is any truth to those tales.
Bison256 wrote: February 26th, 2020, 11:42 am It seems a shame to turn it into an ecto sense it's in such good shape, but hey its your car. Stupid question: Do you ever experience anything weird when you're driving or working on the car? Online I sometimes see stories from people who use a old hearse as a daily driver, weird knocking sounds(that could easily be mechanical), feeling they're not alone etc. I'm curious because while I dont believe in the paranormal, least not in the way people on internet forums like r/paranormal or similar do, I wonder if there is any truth to those tales.
Believe me, I really do feel bad for doing what I'm doing. But, now that one side is out, I keep getting excited for what it can be.

To answer your question, short answer, no.

While I do believe in the paranormal, I've never experienced anything cool or unexplainable. I wish I would, that would be so cool! And I even have a coffin in the back of the car.

The only real time I get creeped out is when it's super dark and I can't see in the back of the car, because there are no windows.

Or, since there are no windows, I'm always afraid I'm going to hit the house when I back out of the garage. lol

If anything cool or interesting does happen, I'll most certainly post it on here and let you know.

James
Ha, mwilkinson you're disqualified for cheating. lol

I guess we'll let it slide, this time. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. hahaha

Alrighty, so we've got one vote for the Peerless, and one vote for the Lions.

We might need a tie breaker. OK Zed, do you want to chime in on this and set everyone straight? lol
Yep, the Lion regulator is the 100% screen accurate kind.

They are definitely a harder to find piece, not impossible though.

The Peerless regulators are exactly the same, just has the Peerless label.

As with any military piece at the time, several companies were contracted to make these things.

There is your extremely small bit of info for the day.

Theoderic, you said you made a label for yours? What did you print the label on?
DeLoreanDMC81 wrote: March 6th, 2020, 4:06 pm ...
Theoderic, you said you made a label for yours? What did you print the label on?

I've used a technique based from an idea, that came across from TragicManner actually somewhere here at GBFans.com. (thanks again for that one btw. :nicejobyoudid: )

The labels are printed on some laserprinter-compatible transparent label material (had to trial&error a few different sorts, until I've found some, i was happy with) and are then applied to a pretty thin aluminium sheet i found in my garage (witch fortunately turned out to be a bit thicker than regular aluminium-foil). On the backside i applied some double-sided stickytape - so it's a 3 layer construction. They're not extremely durable or resistend against wear&tear, nor flexible to more than 1 axis, but still a pretty neat and inexspensive way to create some completely individial custom labels for variuos applycations :-D
Hey gang, sorry I've been away for a bit. Hope everyone is surviving Covid-19. It's taking its toll on a lot of people.

To snswer the previous questions, yes, it is an old school A/C unit. As for it working, that I do not know? What I do know, after hooking it up to a battery the fan will run.

Here is a question for everyone, and I don't know if it can be answered.

I am looking for a picture of the rear interior portion of the car. Like, if you were standing at the rear of the car, rear door open and taking a picture of the inside. Here's the main problem I'm running into, get me that very same picture without the proton pack gurney in the way.

I just want to see the avionics control, oscilloscope, and light panel and how they are properly stacked.

I can find 10 million pictures of everything else, just not that particular kind of shot.

If anyone has that kind of info, I would most certainly be grateful.

Stay safe, everyone!

James
I think these are the best the reference gallery has to offer:

I also found this from Spirit Halloween:

And while this is a model, I'd like to hope its design is reasonably informed by how the equipment is stacked in the real car:

ccv66 liked this
A few of you have been asking me for updates. I know it's been a while, but, believe me, I've been hard at work.

Here are a few pieces I've acquired and/or completed.

I'm a stickler for accuracy and finding the right pieces and parts.

Here is a neat little item I've been looking for, it's the amp gauge and bracket that sits to the left of the steering wheel, under the dash. I've included the one from the original Ecto for reference. Even gave the chrome bezel a fresh coat of faux rust coating. lol

Got the complete stack of military radios for the rear of the vehicle. Even added the tape on the top one, just to give it the best possible screen accurate look.

And last, but certainly not least, one that I was supper excited to find. This is a piece I was told would probably never find, but the Lord has blessed me in my search. This is the piece that sits exactly in the middle of the 2 avionics panels in the rear.

Definitely stayed tuned, there is more to come!

James
Kingpin, mwilkinson, mike_waclo and 2 others liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]