Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
timeware wrote: July 13th, 2020, 9:15 am
Kingpin wrote: July 13th, 2020, 1:41 am

Maybe, but I think we all should be employing Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is that the person reporting the leak has made it up.

Beyond that, I don't understand why folks are so keen to seek them out... The official leaks and teasers from the studio I get, as it offers a bit of a hint at what we're gonna see... But I don't understand why people are seeking out more substantial stuff that could spoil large chunks of the film, rather than let the stuff potentially being spoiled genuinely surprise them when they see the film next year.
Simple answer: were net nerds suffering from cabin fever during a pandemic. Were begging for dog treats to no avail. Our large puppy dog eyes apparently have no effect on Sony's tight leash.
That's "net cool guys", if you don't mind!
Alphagaia, Sav C, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
I was on the "that sounds pretty cool" bandwagon but now it all seems pretty fabricated. Things just don't make much sense in their story rundown.
Alphagaia liked this
There is one part of that leak that I want to believe, because I just thought of a cool sequence for it:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Corey91 liked this
Alphagaia wrote:There is one part of that leak that I want to believe, because I just thought of a cool sequence for it:
This Post Contains Spoilers
I assumed the Sheriff would be the foil for the kids in this movie, similar to that of Peck and Hardmeyer. I would agree with your theory, however, given that Muncher eats metal (the stop sign photo shows a huge bite taken out of it) and the toys show the Ecto-1 plate inside Muncher, and the slime lab has the Ecto-1 plate contained inside a vial of slime, something tells me that Muncher doesn't possess a car, but rather he eats one. The Ecto-1 to be specific. I also think that the trick to defeating Gozer/Shandor this time is going to involve Muncher's proclivity for eating metal. The Shandor building was built out of magnesium and tungsten alloys and riveted girders with cores of pure selenium. It seems to me that in lieu of crossing the streams again (which is dangerous), a surprise twist would be releasing Muncher and have him swallow the supercharged metals, causing the portal to collapse on itself.
Last edited by JonXCTrack on July 22nd, 2020, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corey91, Alphagaia, Wafflerobot and 1 others liked this
I don't think he eats the Ecto only because the car was present on stage while filming what most of us assume is the finale. From the Murray interview pic where the reporter is wearing the proton pack, you can see the Ecto on stage behind him. If the car makes it that far I doubt it gets eaten.

Maybe old Munchie just eats the license plate.
Alphagaia, Corey91 liked this
I'd wager it is the Ecto-1 that Muncher eats. The products seem to indicate as much. Pretty easy to imagine him eating the whole Ectomobile, burping when finished and spitting out the license plate in the process.

Really, though, the car is 61 years old. It would make sense if the studio wants to sunset it so the new crew has space to build their own. Not only would a younger crew want a car more modern to build upon -- it would save the studio the trouble of having to find another vintage car from the Kennedy Administration to turn in to a prop. I can't imagine there are a lot of '59 Miller Meteors or parts floating around.
deadderek liked this
groschopf wrote: July 14th, 2020, 8:19 pmReally, though, the car is 61 years old. It would make sense if the studio wants to sunset it so the new crew has space to build their own. Not only would a younger crew want a car more modern to build upon -- it would save the studio the trouble of having to find another vintage car from the Kennedy Administration to turn in to a prop. I can't imagine there are a lot of '59 Miller Meteors or parts floating around.
Many parts are shared with the base model 59 Cadillac Eldorado. But those aren't exactly common either.
Last edited by Bison256 on July 15th, 2020, 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
groschopf wrote: July 14th, 2020, 8:19 pm I'd wager it is the Ecto-1 that Muncher eats. The products seem to indicate as much. Pretty easy to imagine him eating the whole Ectomobile, burping when finished and spitting out the license plate in the process.

Really, though, the car is 61 years old. It would make sense if the studio wants to sunset it so the new crew has space to build their own. Not only would a younger crew want a car more modern to build upon -- it would save the studio the trouble of having to find another vintage car from the Kennedy Administration to turn in to a prop. I can't imagine there are a lot of '59 Miller Meteors or parts floating around.
Perhaps he eats the other Ecto ;-)
groschopf wrote: July 14th, 2020, 8:19 pm Really, though, the car is 61 years old. It would make sense if the studio wants to sunset it so the new crew has space to build their own. Not only would a younger crew want a car more modern to build upon -- it would save the studio the trouble of having to find another vintage car from the Kennedy Administration to turn in to a prop. I can't imagine there are a lot of '59 Miller Meteors or parts floating around.
I might agree, if not for the fact the production went to the effort to upgrade Wrecto-1 and Wrecto-1(A) with new engines, dramatically increasing their operational lifespan.
With the new engines, barring the failure of other parts of the physical structure of both cars, a 1959 Cadillac could be employed in a future hypothetical movie.

In that scenario it could either be a new car that's been converted in-universe, or the old one which survived the end of the film - As my pet theory is the Muncher doesn't eat the whole car, it just eats parts of it.
pizzarat wrote: July 15th, 2020, 5:03 pm I was contacted by Ghost Corps about the leak, and it was pretty much confirmed to me that it's untrue. I mentioned that I am still hopeful for II to be involved in the new movie and his response was, "We can’t wait to get the movie out there!". So I got that going for me.
Say what? What do you mean you were contacted by Ghost Corps about the leak? Like..they sent you an email? If so that’s pretty neat. But why would they do that?

Are you sure it isn’t just someone messing with you? I don’t doubt that the leaks are fugazi but I just find it odd a film company would contact a fan over this.

Are you able to share this correspondence with us?
pizzarat wrote: July 15th, 2020, 7:21 pm
deadderek wrote: July 15th, 2020, 7:20 pmImage
That's the same general message I received too. I chatted with him for a few minutes.
Same.
What else did they say?

Just to play devils advocate here... even if they were true, I feel like they wouldn't respond with saying as much. I'm sure it's a general rule to dispel any spoilers, true or fake.

It's also something to think about why they would be so quick to get to the bottom of it if a screening or something didn't just happen recently, no?
Coover5, SpaceBallz liked this
Corey91 wrote: July 15th, 2020, 7:58 pm What else did they say?

Just to play devils advocate here... even if they were true, I feel like they wouldn't respond with saying as much. I'm sure it's a general rule to dispel any spoilers, true or fake.

It's also something to think about why they would be so quick to get to the bottom of it if a screening or something didn't just happen recently, no?
That was about it. I mentioned that I was a VIP last year at fan fest and asked about the letter I sent to Ivan Reitman.
^Yeah, that's Eric Reich. One of the nicest, coolest guys working in Hollywood. If you think of Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd as the President and CEO of Ghost Corps, think of Eric as the COO who manages the day-to-day operations. I believe he started out as a college intern of Reitman then after he graduated college, Reitman hired him onto his Montecito company. And now one of the tasks he does is help manage Ghost Corps. I'm not sure if it's ever been documented what his or even Reitman and Aykroyd's official titles are at Ghost Corps.
Kingpin, robbritton, Sav C and 1 others liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]