Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
JonXCTrack wrote: July 11th, 2020, 6:44 pm
Corey91 wrote:The reason I found the reddit "leak" bullshit is because I remember when it was originally posted in a predictions thread.
Why does that matter? If it was posted in its own thread suddenly it takes on an air of truth?

Because it wasn't ever a leak on reddit. The thread was titled "Ghostbusters 2020 Predictions" and said "anything goes". The og comment is the deleted one with the comments "So... how the hell did you get access to the script?!" "This is written too well to NOT be the script.".

https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... edictions/
pizzarat liked this
Corey91 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 6:49 pm
JonXCTrack wrote: July 11th, 2020, 6:44 pm

Why does that matter? If it was posted in its own thread suddenly it takes on an air of truth?

Because it wasn't ever a leak on reddit. The thread was titled "Ghostbusters 2020 Predictions" and said "anything goes". The og comment is the deleted one with the comments "So... how the hell did you get access to the script?!" "This is written too well to NOT be the script.".

https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... edictions/
It wasn’t labeled as a leak by the OP. So what?
Last edited by Kingpin on July 12th, 2020, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed broken quote code
Well this is pretty interesting. There are some things in this I would love to believe. Especially that potential ending. Would kind of make it feel like everything has come full circle. One way or another very much looking forward to finding out for myself if this has any credibility. :):):)
This Post Contains Spoilers
Forgive what I’ve said in my spoiler tag I am just overthinking on something that may not even be true. LOL! :):):)
zeta otaku liked this
Please read at your own risk.

It seems to match up with the trailers so PLEASE beware this probably contains SPOILERS for the entire plot.
-

-
Interesting on who they say married who. Final battle location sounds cramped but epic?

Seems the heart is in the right place. But is this even real?
Corey91 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:22 pm For anyone who doesn't want to go on 4chan or just have an easier way of the supposed leaks:
Thank you for this, but where is all the additional information coming from?

For example:
I know we're 8 months out but damn they can't throw us ANYthing in the meantime?

This just sucks so much. Would it be so much to post even 1 new picture from the film? :(
janeb984 liked this
Just watched the new Tom Hanks movie (Greyhound) on Apple TV. Originally meant to be a cinema release but moved to streaming as a result of the situation.

Been discussed before I’m sure but I wonder if there were discussions about Afterlife being streamed? Can’t imagine it would lose the company money as prices for streamed films in the UK (SKY Store) tend to be higher than cinema ticket prices. Which is saying something!
GaudinosWheels wrote: July 12th, 2020, 6:13 am Just watched the new Tom Hanks movie (Greyhound) on Apple TV. Originally meant to be a cinema release but moved to streaming as a result of the situation.

Been discussed before I’m sure but I wonder if there were discussions about Afterlife being streamed? Can’t imagine it would lose the company money as prices for streamed films in the UK (SKY Store) tend to be higher than cinema ticket prices. Which is saying something!
That's because you can invite many people to watch a stream, watch it multiple times in the 24 hours you start, etc.
I just dont understand why
deadderek liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: July 12th, 2020, 9:27 am I just dont understand why
Yeah that & the marriage are 2 that I don't buy.
I guess it's fanfiction. It called Logan Kim Logan Kim but Paul Rudd "Mr Grooberman" - Grooberson was known, Kim's character name not so much.
The finale with the firehouse doesn't make any sense and we saw in the January article (about Murray) the barn in the background, so I believe this is the showdown's location.
deadderek wrote: July 12th, 2020, 10:10 am
SpaceBallz wrote: July 12th, 2020, 9:27 am I just dont understand why
Yeah that & the marriage are 2 that I don't buy.
Yeah took the words right out of my mouth. The more I read there are a few things that seem off. For one thing would there really be test screenings going on right now with all this COVID stuff going on? :):):)
There was a test screening during the initial lockdown but it was for studio execs/people already working there. People not likely to make an anonymous account on 4chan with goofy spelling errors and broken English.
Yeah we’re discussing this in the main thread and I think the general consensus is that someone on 4chan has just watched the trailer quite few times and is just making up their own fan fiction. I’ll admit I jumped on it because I was hungry for more news, but when I started reading through the actual 4chan discussion it started to click that something is not quite on the level. :):):)
groschopf liked this
GozerHadACoolDesign wrote: July 12th, 2020, 3:34 am
Corey91 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:22 pm For anyone who doesn't want to go on 4chan or just have an easier way of the supposed leaks:
Thank you for this, but where is all the additional information coming from?

For example:
In the comments. Keep scrolling and the OP replies to people in more spoiler tags.
Its most likley someone whos followed rumors connecting the gaps. We all do it in one way or another, espically here in the Spoilers section. This person just happens to be saying its all true.

Guess we will know in ANOTHER 8 LONG ENDLESS MONTHS!

And then the depression set it... Im going to go cry now!
Corey91 liked this
Are we quick to disbelieve the leak?

I mean yes some things seem off however they do have test screenings more often than you think.

I've attended a lot of early screenings for comedic movies, they send those emails out all the time. My friend got to be a test audience for Ghostbusters 2016, that's why for me personally I feel like there could be more to it than just a random person putting random pieces up for attention.

The leak also fits with some of the early GB Afterlife Hasbro toys
It seems to be a mixture of stuff we know, stuff we "know is very likely", and some things that seem entirely made up.

Then again who knows? It's the same place Answer the Call had it's leak come from months in advance.
Last edited by deadderek on July 13th, 2020, 3:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
Alphagaia liked this
GozerHadACoolDesign wrote: July 12th, 2020, 11:57 pm Are we quick to disbelieve the leak?
Maybe, but I think we all should be employing Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is that the person reporting the leak has made it up.

Beyond that, I don't understand why folks are so keen to seek them out... The official leaks and teasers from the studio I get, as it offers a bit of a hint at what we're gonna see... But I don't understand why people are seeking out more substantial stuff that could spoil large chunks of the film, rather than let the stuff potentially being spoiled genuinely surprise them when they see the film next year.
Alphagaia, deadderek, robbritton and 3 others liked this
My two cents: I'll believe any leak once the end credits roll on opening day. Until then, anything leaked or otherwise is basically speculation and/or hearsay. Considering the amount of false leads and non-existent scenes shown in a lot of big releases the past few years, I'll take it all in with a giant spoonful of salt.
mrmichaelt, robbritton, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: July 13th, 2020, 1:41 am
GozerHadACoolDesign wrote: July 12th, 2020, 11:57 pm Are we quick to disbelieve the leak?
Maybe, but I think we all should be employing Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is that the person reporting the leak has made it up.

Beyond that, I don't understand why folks are so keen to seek them out... The official leaks and teasers from the studio I get, as it offers a bit of a hint at what we're gonna see... But I don't understand why people are seeking out more substantial stuff that could spoil large chunks of the film, rather than let the stuff potentially being spoiled genuinely surprise them when they see the film next year.
Simple answer: were net nerds suffering from cabin fever during a pandemic. Were begging for dog treats to no avail. Our large puppy dog eyes apparently have no effect on Sony's tight leash.
groschopf, SpaceBallz liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]