By itslookingatme
Hey fellow busters. I know this sort of thing has come up before but I need a refresher - I got some Martin brand volleyball pads and I really like them but what's the best way to remove the logo writing? Any tips/ideas are appreciated!

Bcb0rRZ
By Austin
I've never used the Martin brand before, so I'm unsure of how the logo is affixed to the pad. Could you provide a photo?

If it's anything like the Century pads, which is a heat transfer, you can gently pry it up at one corner with an exacto knife. Once you get it started, just keep pulling it up the best you can and start slicing away the the stretched out bit of "fuzz". It'll usually leave a flat spot on the pad once removed, but then you can use a wire brush to fuzz it back up in that area, and then you can trim it back flush with some scissors.
By itslookingatme
Yep, here it is:

I'm having trouble embedding images on here but the link will show you the pad.

I think it is a heat transfer like you mentioned. Thanks for the advice :cool: ;D
Last edited by Kingpin on July 13th, 2020, 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed image code
By Austin
Ahh, see those pads are a bit different from the other pads I've worked with. The bubble is a woven fabric and I'm not sure how you could get the the logo off without damaging the pad. The bubble on the ones I'm used to working with is kind of like a felt-type material. Much easier to remove the logo.
By Kingpin
Can you feel the logo when you run your finger over it? If not, I'd be inclined to say just paint straight over it.

Beyond that, you could either try using something with a sharp point to try carefully remove the logo from the surface, or some sand paper to file it off... Though I haven't personally tried either of these techniques myself.
By itslookingatme
Kingpin wrote: July 13th, 2020, 1:48 am Can you feel the logo when you run your finger over it? If not, I'd be inclined to say just paint straight over it.

Beyond that, you could either try using something with a sharp point to try carefully remove the logo from the surface, or some sand paper to file it off... Though I haven't personally tried either of these techniques myself.
You can tell it's there if you run your finger on it. Right now I'm leaning towards sandpaper and an exacto knife, we'll see what happens :D
By atescetin
Austin wrote: July 11th, 2020, 9:20 pm I've never used the Martin brand before, so I'm unsure of how the logo is affixed to the pad. Could you provide a photo?

If it's anything like the Century pads, which is a heat transfer, you can gently pry it up at one corner with an exacto knife. Once you get it started, just keep pulling it up the best you can and start slicing away the the stretched out bit of "fuzz". It'll usually leave a flat spot on the pad once removed, but then you can use a wire brush to fuzz it back up in that area, and then you can trim it back flush with some scissors.
Would this method work with Century pads? I'll receive a pair soon.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]