#4891724
CPU64 wrote:Any measurements on the GB1 knob? I'm thinking of cutting one for my trap since they seem hard to find
Do you mean the round silver aluminium knobs for the front? They are still available on the TEDSS website...
#4891731
damster117 wrote:Dammit the black ones have gone out of stock!
Lol I know. I picked up the silver ones - these are the ones seen on the non-functioning GB1 trap used in the Sedgewick scene, is that correct? I quite like the look of those anyway :)
#4891755
Sorry to get your hopes up fellas!

CPU, I believe you can still get the technical docs for the silver knob online, and that contains all the correct dimensions if you want to have a go yourself. But as barison mentioned, they're still fairly easy to get hold of.

Damster, I've popped your trap knob in the post today and replied to your PM. I hope to see you doing it justice on a painted trap soon! ;-)
#4891986
I emailed them about the black knobs, since I'm wanting to use as many real knobs as I can on my trap, and asked them if they they would be coming back in stock. This is the response:

"Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting us about this knob.
I am waiting for my purchasing dept. to get info if and when we can expect these knobs back in stock.

How many of them are you looking for? Also can you use alternate equal knob eventually or you have to go with the same part number?"

After I told them I was only looking at like getting 3 or 4 of them, I haven't heard from them...sooooo.....
#4892213
RamaSha007 wrote:I emailed them about the black knobs, since I'm wanting to use as many real knobs as I can on my trap, and asked them if they they would be coming back in stock. This is the response:

"Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting us about this knob.
I am waiting for my purchasing dept. to get info if and when we can expect these knobs back in stock.

How many of them are you looking for? Also can you use alternate equal knob eventually or you have to go with the same part number?"

After I told them I was only looking at like getting 3 or 4 of them, I haven't heard from them...sooooo.....
Maybe we should do a group buy?!
#4892214
bromie wrote:Sorry to get your hopes up fellas!

CPU, I believe you can still get the technical docs for the silver knob online, and that contains all the correct dimensions if you want to have a go yourself. But as barison mentioned, they're still fairly easy to get hold of.

Damster, I've popped your trap knob in the post today and replied to your PM. I hope to see you doing it justice on a painted trap soon! ;-)
Thanks Dan, I've sent you a PM. I know it's taking me ages to build this thing! I just haven't had time to get out to the shed to work on the trap lately, I've just had too much going on! Even my GF has started to poke fun at my lack of progress- she gave me this yesterday!

Image
barison82 liked this
#4892306
damster117 wrote:
RamaSha007 wrote:I emailed them about the black knobs, since I'm wanting to use as many real knobs as I can on my trap, and asked them if they they would be coming back in stock. This is the response:

"Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting us about this knob.
I am waiting for my purchasing dept. to get info if and when we can expect these knobs back in stock.

How many of them are you looking for? Also can you use alternate equal knob eventually or you have to go with the same part number?"

After I told them I was only looking at like getting 3 or 4 of them, I haven't heard from them...sooooo.....
Maybe we should do a group buy?!
It's an idea. But would the amount of people wanting in on it, and the order amount that would actually get their attention be close enough? I know I'd be in for a few if we did do something like that.
#4892317
I would be in for a few as well - perhaps a new interest thread should be started up?
#4892345
barison82 wrote:
CPU64 wrote:Any measurements on the GB1 knob? I'm thinking of cutting one for my trap since they seem hard to find
Do you mean the round silver aluminium knobs for the front? They are still available on the TEDSS website...
The one you said is impossible to find...
#4892390
Barison used some in his build (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41421#p4865876), which he named as KNB-Z31.

A quick Google search finds this site: http://www.surplussales.com/shafthardware/Knobs-10.html (it's about the sixth row down), but you'd be better asking Barison where he got his from.

I didn't look for the square knobs as I was happy with Nick-a-Tron's replicas and only wanted to replace the round ones, but I'm sure there's a suitable alternative out there somewhere. I might have another look tonight actually... I'll let you know if i find anything.
Higgs1 liked this
#4892403
CPU64 wrote:The one you said is impossible to find...
Hi CPU, they are here:

http://tedss.com/2051000117

Still in stock...well worth getting as a backup because they are still screen accurate! Btw I PM'd damster117 about the measurements, he'll get back to me with them in due course :)
#4892404
bromie wrote:Barison used some in his build (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41421#p4865876), which he named as KNB-Z31.

A quick Google search finds this site: http://www.surplussales.com/shafthardware/Knobs-10.html (it's about the sixth row down), but you'd be better asking Barison where he got his from.
Hi bromie, yes that link is where I found mine - I also referenced it on my thead somewhere, when Damster was asking about them as well, and it's that exact same link. They are still available :)
#4892696
Biggest problem with that knob skirt isn't the skirt, but that fact that the cheapest shipping is 7 bucks. Don't know if I want to pay 7 bucks to ship a buck fifty worth of skirts. Might be a good choice for a group buy. Betting if you ordered 5 or 50 it would still be 7 bucks.
#4892832
In light of the new reference pics for the dark side of the trap, I've decided to redo that side for the third time before continuing with the rest of the build!

New reference can be found at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43164

Image

Here's what I've come up with so far- am I close? It's not fully finished as yet so please excuse wonky edges etc!

Image

I'm sorry to post another small update, I'm sure everyone is getting as fed up looking at these tiny changes as I am! lol The next update after this will be much bigger hopefully!

Edit: Did a bit more on this. I think I'm done with vents now. Just final prep and paint to go!

Image

Image
barison82 liked this
#4892994
Excellent work with those side vents, and a very useful updated reference for this area of the build. Great stuff as usual!
#4893205
Awesome I'll look forward to it! I'd love to get something started on mine, but without a workshop and drill-press it's not looking very hopeful at the moment...
#4893420
I'm building a trap trying to make it replica or close to replica. I'm scratch building but don't think my cartridge is going to come out or anything. Any advice on what's best to use for the pointed blocks on the sides of trap meter on the front of the trap?
#4930784
Sorry I didn't reply to this I've been away awhile. If you still need the measurements I can get them for you! Better late than never!
johnminterc wrote: May 11th, 2017, 6:13 pm Hey can you email your dimensions for the block pieces you made from scratch please! I've made mine but they're a little off and yours looks perfect! Sick build too man nice work. johnminterjmc@yahoo.com
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

I remember that too. Thank Goodness, because[…]

Even though we've been busy with birthday stuff fo[…]

Trap Holster for GB2 Belt

Does anyone know if the trap holster in the GBFans[…]

Had no idea about the size difference. Well spotte[…]