Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
GaudinosWheels wrote: July 1st, 2020, 9:39 am How much of a role do you think the OGB’s will have in the new movie? Full role? Extended cameo? Show up at the end?

As much as I know this is intended as a ‘passing of the torch’ film, it’s the originals I’m most excited to see.
I think that’s the biggest draw for most fans. What are the boys in grey we know and love doing in the here and now? I am leaning on extended cameo. Like they play a part during the second half of the film and of course participate in the finale.

It occurs to me that we will not only feel Egon’s presence during the film, but I think we will also feel the rest of the OGs presence even when they are not on screen. I know this is an odd way of looking at it or odd phrasing, but I think this movie is going to take us on an interesting journey and slowly answer the questions fans have been thinking about for 31 years. We will be invested in the mystery of the town, Phoebe’s investigation finding the lab and old Ghostbusters equipment, Trevor finding and fixing the Ecto 1, Callie either learning or excepting who her father was, Grooberson telling the kids of the New York Crossrip Event. I think they will build up the anticipation of seeing the remaining OG’s to a point that it will be very satisfying when they show up. :):):)

I am thinking in terms of screen time something like the amount of screen time Henry Cavill had in Justice League or Tom Holland’s Screen Time in the Avengers Films. That is the kind of screen time I am expecting if not more. Forgive the crude comparisons I know those are very different kinds of films, but I am not sure how else to describe how I think the Original Ghostbusters will fit into Afterlife. Fun to speculate though. :):):)
deadderek liked this
Davideverona wrote: July 1st, 2020, 11:32 pm I heard rumours about Egon's ouija messages being shown. Is it true?
Not that I could tell based on the fancam.

I liked it, but I also didn't have to go anywhere or pay anything to see it. I would also like it better if it turns out tomorrow Sony uploads it to their YouTube channel or something and I can see it in proper HD. Sure, it's not new footage but the B-roll of scenes being shot is still a little something new, and I find it more appealingly tantalizing than actual footage because it opens the door for speculation without having actually shown us a piece of the finished movie.
Gotta admit, the shot of Phoebe drawing the wand from the pack and striking a firing pose immediately followed with Ivan's comments about seeing this story "living again" got me choked up.

I think this movie is going to be really special, and I don't know if I'm truly prepared for the emotional toll it's going to take on me :lol:
droidguy1119 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 11:40 pm
Davideverona wrote: July 1st, 2020, 11:32 pm I heard rumours about Egon's ouija messages being shown. Is it true?
Not that I could tell based on the fancam.

I liked it, but I also didn't have to go anywhere or pay anything to see it. I would also like it better if it turns out tomorrow Sony uploads it to their YouTube channel or something and I can see it in proper HD. Sure, it's not new footage but the B-roll of scenes being shot is still a little something new, and I find it more appealingly tantalizing than actual footage because it opens the door for speculation without having actually shown us a piece of the finished movie.
Fan cam? Is this something the rest of us can watch as well? Got a link?
Corey91, deadderek liked this
Alphagaia wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 12:05 am
droidguy1119 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 11:40 pm Not that I could tell based on the fancam.

Fan cam? Is this something the rest of us can watch as well? Got a link?

Yeah... i'm not seeing anything on youtube or IG
Awesome, I really hope Sony upload that third one to the YT account perhaps next week after all the screenings. So much great b-roll/bts shots. Definitely one in that roller hop, the mining company factory I think, the barn - would love to have a clearer recording. Think I saw a bit of the mom in the underground lab. Man I hope they upload this! New stuff, finally! :D
Kingpin, Alphagaia, deadderek and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 2:11 amNothing to see here, folks. Especially not from 6 minutes and 13 seconds.

Credit to Jason Staadt.
The cast list at the end of the featurette (which I would share if photobucket wasn't being ridiculously mercenary about money) is interesting:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by robbritton on July 2nd, 2020, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt liked this
GaudinosWheels wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 6:08 am How do you get Janine into the story if Ghostbusters doesn’t exist? I’m interested to see plot wise how these types of things are reconciled.
The simplest answer is flashback, but I'm hoping there's more to it than that.
robbritton wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 7:37 am
GaudinosWheels wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 6:08 am How do you get Janine into the story if Ghostbusters doesn’t exist? I’m interested to see plot wise how these types of things are reconciled.
She could be their grandmother, if Egon and her ever got together, or perhaps they call Tully for help, but since he is not around she grabs his pack.
robbritton wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 7:37 am
Putting this as a spoiler but not because it is a spoiler. It's just a lot of text and it's a bit off topic but it's why I find Janine so important
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
They re-used some of the footage from last years screening. Wow. Would love to see it in HD. Come on Ghost Corps....release it online...
Here is the video I took of the 9 minute thing in its entirety. Apologize in advance for the crunchy audio at the beginning. Share if you would like but please give the disclaimer of the audio... didn’t realize all the background noise was being recorded that loudly in my video.

Hopefully Ghost Corps releases a better quality version of this soon.

Here it is...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdj4rm5of600v ... n.MOV?dl=0
robbritton liked this
robbritton wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 4:01 am
Kingpin wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 2:11 amNothing to see here, folks. Especially not from 6 minutes and 13 seconds.

Credit to Jason Staadt.
The cast list at the end of the featurette (which I would share if photobucket wasn't being ridiculously mercenary about money) is interesting:
I brought that up a few pages back when they were added on the official website. Very interesting.
robbritton liked this
I have to agree that the special footage was a little underwhelming, but I love Ghostbusters so much that it still satisfies me on some level. If it makes non-obsessive fans excited for the new movie, then I'm all for it. Plus I love that Ivan mentioned that he was the director of GBII. I'm still going to try recording my own version on Sunday night. My friend and I have the same white, GBII shirt from 1989 that we're going to wear.
Kingpin, SpaceBallz liked this
Yup.

Hearing how emotional it was for Jason to discover his father through the making of a movie that his father brought to life... was better than a trailer.

I really liked the shots of Jason and Ivan together on the set or behind the camera. You can really tell that this movie comes from the right hearts and the right minds.

Sony gave Jason the greenlight not because he's Ivan's son but because he's a talented and profound filmmaker. The family link is just the icing on the cake.
Ghostbusters319 wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 9:58 am Here is the video I took of the 9 minute thing in its entirety. Apologize in advance for the crunchy audio at the beginning. Share if you would like but please give the disclaimer of the audio... didn’t realize all the background noise was being recorded that loudly in my video.

Hopefully Ghost Corps releases a better quality version of this soon.

Here it is...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdj4rm5of600v ... n.MOV?dl=0
At 6:58, it definitely looks like a mine shot. Same as interview background.
Davideverona wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 11:15 pm When Jason looks at the Ecto in the barn, I think I saw a slime blower tank, near Jason's legs.
I think I see what you're talking about, but it looks like a bit of barn junk... It's a cylindrical tank, but the top is conical rather than a smooth curve like the Slime Blowers' main tank.
Alphagaia, Davideverona liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]