Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
timeware wrote: July 1st, 2020, 11:07 am If anyone's recording at a drive in make sure to capture the audio.

I'm not sure if the movies audio will be heard outside of your vehicle. Different drive in's have different set up's but that's usually the case.

It's been almost ten years since I've been to a drive in so my advice may be behind the times.
A drive-in I've been to has a special radio station that behaves in a creative way. The movie's sound comes from it when you tune into it, but it only works if you're in the location of establishment.
Corey91 liked this
A couple of days ago there was no locations in my state and I see now they updated to 5 places but none close enough to me. I could have made plans to go if I would have known the locations sooner.
Does anyone staying home plan on watching it on their Blu-ray/DVD/VHS/Digital Copy?
I'm probably going to do a Double Feature and also watch GB2 .
GaudinosWheels wrote: July 1st, 2020, 9:39 am How much of a role do you think the OGB’s will have in the new movie? Full role? Extended cameo? Show up at the end?

As much as I know this is intended as a ‘passing of the torch’ film, it’s the originals I’m most excited to see.
At the moment, I'm working on the basis of extended cameo, not appearing fully until the half-way mark at least, if not the last third/quarter of the film.
Davideverona wrote: July 1st, 2020, 1:55 pm So, it's 21.54 pm here in Italy.

Does that mean that I have to wait another 12 hours to get to July, 2th morning to hear some news about these blessed 9 minutes of footage?
Probably, unfortunately.
What if it's literally the first 5ish minutes, kind of like how Nolan does...

edit: Actually, the GB twitter states "Be sure to arrive early to see a NEW, special message for the fans". Message makes it seem like it will be the cast thanking the fans and whatnot - highly doubt there will be new footage unfortunately. But at least we know it wont be the one from last year!

https://twitter.com/Ghostbusters/status ... 0821035008
Here's the listing at a drive-in up in British Columbia:

"Our July 01st and 2nd showing of the Orginal Ghostbusters includes a special GHOSTBUSTERS 35TH ANNIVERSARY INTRO featuring footage from Ghostbusters: Afterlife which will be release in 2021."

source: http://www.starlightdrivein.ca/?fbclid= ... lDStTQ2E1Q

Can't speak to the accuracy of the listing, but it merits watching. Maybe it's the footage they showed toy vendors a while back.
Corey91, Sav C liked this
I have heard it does have some new footage of GB:A.

If anyone manages to record it and post it, that would be great! I am not sure when we will get a high quality version uploaded somewhere.
groschopf, pizzarat, Coover5 liked this
groschopf wrote: July 1st, 2020, 5:32 pm Here's the listing at a drive-in up in British Columbia:

"Our July 01st and 2nd showing of the Orginal Ghostbusters includes a special GHOSTBUSTERS 35TH ANNIVERSARY INTRO featuring footage from Ghostbusters: Afterlife which will be release in 2021."

source: http://www.starlightdrivein.ca/?fbclid= ... lDStTQ2E1Q

Can't speak to the accuracy of the listing, but it merits watching. Maybe it's the footage they showed toy vendors a while back.
That was already posted in this thread.
AJ Quick wrote: July 1st, 2020, 6:00 pm I have heard it does have some new footage of GB:A.

If anyone manages to record it and post it, that would be great! I am not sure when we will get a high quality version uploaded somewhere.
I'm hoping a recording will surface in a few hours, but I plan on the same thing for my Youtube channel on Sunday. I'll definitely be sharing it here and on Reddit.
I gotta say. I’m really let down by how this Ghostbusters Day went down. I mean, sure ok, a sneak peek is getting released with the re release but all theatres are closed where I am. It’s not even the lack of trailer that disappoints me. It’s the lack of, well, anything.

They could’ve announced that Extreme Ghostbusters is coming to DVD or blu ray

They could’ve done a live stream of GB1 or GB2 with some of the original cast members

Released some new concept art or behind the scenes goodies from GB 1 & 2

Released something where contemporary filmmakers like The Russo Brothers, Jon Favreau, Miller & Lord or J.J Abrams talk about the first time they saw ghostbusters and what the film means to them.

Announced a new animated series

Released a new GBA poster.

*something cool*

But nope.
pizzarat liked this
groschopf wrote: July 1st, 2020, 5:32 pm Here's the listing at a drive-in up in British Columbia:

Haha, that's in my province and it's still nine hours away from me plus a couple of ferry rides. As it turns out, there's also a "close by" drive-in theater that's only five hours away.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]