Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I wouldn't get your hopes up in thinking this surprise has anything to do with a new trailer for the film. While that would be awesome if Sony were to drop a new trailer for Ghostbusters Day, but the surprise is unrelated and it's not going to be what you think its going to be. Doubt Sony released any spoilers that pertain to details in the film. The only spoiler any of the groups should know is what the surprise is going to be. However, I could be 100% wrong. If we're wrong, we'll go to jail. Peacefully. Quietly. We'll enjoy it...
910dohead wrote: June 6th, 2020, 11:08 am I wouldn't get your hopes up in thinking this surprise has anything to do with a new trailer for the film. While that would be awesome if Sony were to drop a new trailer for Ghostbusters Day, but the surprise is unrelated and it's not going to be what you think its going to be. Doubt Sony released any spoilers that pertain to details in the film. The only spoiler any of the groups should know is what the surprise is going to be. However, I could be 100% wrong. If we're wrong, we'll go to jail. Peacefully. Quietly. We'll enjoy it...
That's not really what I wrote. I asked what "Ghostbusters Day" is, and separately mentioned some clamoring about spoilers related to the unreleased trailers.
pizzarat wrote: June 6th, 2020, 11:20 am
910dohead wrote: June 6th, 2020, 11:08 am I wouldn't get your hopes up in thinking this surprise has anything to do with a new trailer for the film. While that would be awesome if Sony were to drop a new trailer for Ghostbusters Day, but the surprise is unrelated and it's not going to be what you think its going to be. Doubt Sony released any spoilers that pertain to details in the film. The only spoiler any of the groups should know is what the surprise is going to be. However, I could be 100% wrong. If we're wrong, we'll go to jail. Peacefully. Quietly. We'll enjoy it...
That's not really what I wrote. I asked what "Ghostbusters Day" is, and separately mentioned some clamoring about spoilers related to the unreleased trailers.
Oh, sorry. I can't answer that. It's possible that Ghost Corps had some kind of event planned like they did with the trailer premiere, but Ghostbusters Day is usually just a yearly celebration around this time. In the past, they've done theatrical showings of the first film as part of it and I think they may have done something with the Ghostbusters World app?
No one knows for sure but the possibilities are endless! Hey Dean Yager...
themikereda liked this
pizzarat wrote: June 6th, 2020, 11:20 am That's not really what I wrote. I asked what "Ghostbusters Day" is, and separately mentioned some clamoring about spoilers related to the unreleased trailers.
Some info that was passed on to me indicated some new product announcements, and drive-in tie-ins. I'm sure we'll find out more concrete info in due course.
pizzarat, deadderek liked this
There's one drive in theater saying they're still playing it Monday:

Not sure how they're allowed to. Seems unfair to all the other theaters that were told they can't.
Alphagaia wrote: June 7th, 2020, 1:30 am
deadderek wrote: June 6th, 2020, 10:41 pm There's one drive in theater saying they're still playing it Monday:

Not sure how they're allowed to. Seems unfair to all the other theaters that were told they can't.
Other theaters were told they can't?
Correct. Theaters all across the country were told no. I'm hoping to clarify why this one theater seems to be allowed to.
Cinemas can't seem to catch a break. They finally have sold tickets since a long time and now have to cancel again?

I understand Sony doesn't want to celebrate GB day, but at least let the cinema's decide on their own if they want to show the movie if they have a copy themselves.
Ghostytheghost wrote: June 5th, 2020, 7:08 am Alberta.ca supposedly has these listings for Afterlife ads. No clue when they’ll roll these out, but hopefully that invites some positivity.
If you google “Fathom Cutdown” The first couple links are about mineralogists & mines. That’s a rather large plot point of the film. Coincidence? Yes. Probably.

It’s more likely it was for some canceled fathom event. I don’t know.

“Passing the Proton Pack” sounds like it’ll be used in a “Passing the Proton Pack to a new Generation!” way.

I want new footage in my eyeballs.

If this stupid virus hadn’t come along we’d be a little over a month until the big day. Now we are 9 months.

So if any of you get someone pregnant in the next couple weeks, your baby should be due right around the release date. Then you’d have to make a choice. Attend the birth of your child or go see Ghostbusters Afterlife on opening day. It’s a real Sophie’s Choice.
Well, the movie's likely be two hour long. The missus labor can last longer. If I get the timing right I can do both.

Luckily we've been living with my in-laws waiting for our new home to be ready, so any exchange with my lady were kept at minimum. If the next heir will come along it should be after March 😁
Kingpin liked this
RichardLess wrote: June 8th, 2020, 4:25 am
Ghostytheghost wrote: June 5th, 2020, 7:08 am Alberta.ca supposedly has these listings for Afterlife ads. No clue when they’ll roll these out, but hopefully that invites some positivity.
If you google “Fathom Cutdown” The first couple links are about mineralogists & mines. That’s a rather large plot point of the film. Coincidence? Yes. Probably.

“Passing the Proton Pack” sounds like it’ll be used in a “Passing the Proton Pack to a new Generation!” way.

If this stupid virus hadn’t come along we’d be a little over a month until the big day. Now we are 9 months.

So if any of you get someone pregnant in the next couple weeks, your baby should be due right around the release date. Then you’d have to make a choice. Attend the birth of your child or go see Ghostbusters Afterlife on opening day. It’s a real Sophie’s Choice.

Well fathom is a unit of depth measurement, but for water.
Davideverona liked this
RichardLess wrote: June 8th, 2020, 4:25 am

It would be simpler to make the magic in the back seat of your car at the drive in, then a crowded theatre.

If this joke is to raunchy the mods can delete it. I've been binge watching Rodney Dangerfield. To quote Ray it just popped in there!
Ectojeff88 wrote: June 10th, 2020, 4:06 am Is there any indication we may have missed as to when the rescheduled celebration could be? With the virus and protest crisis situation changing unpredictably on a daily basis it may be postponed for longer than a week or two.
I've not seen any updates on the situation beyond the postponement post.

I'm certain Sony didn't commit to a certain date by this point to give themselves breathing room... Helping to prevent them having to reschedule it a second time if the current unrest doesn't dissipate as quickly as some expect it to.

To cut a long story short: It's on indefinite hiatus until we hear otherwise.
Alphagaia liked this
Davideverona wrote: June 10th, 2020, 7:04 am The situation is too hot to handle, too cold to hold.
Getting drenched in psychomagnotheric slime sounds great right now. Anyway, I hope the rescheduled GB Day isn't a complete waste. I'm really worried the day would be wasted for crappy merch milking the same things previous merch did. The announcement made it seem like something big was planned, and it better be something worth our time before Afterlife finally arrives.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]