Also, on the Walmart version I have, they used a red LED behind the yellow button below the screen so when illuminated it appears orange. Seems to be the same with other videos I've seen online. The Spirit version has a yellow/amber LED.
Yep I got the pke in hand and I got the same thing happening here, they also frosted the screen which looks pretty ugly. I just ordered a spirit pke since they seem to be better quality, albeit 15 dollars extra. It's wierd that their would be such changes for a product that is pretty much the same thing
Probably different batches get made up that have minor differences. I know the inside of the meter looks a little different than the spirit pke meter also, mostly the pastic cover with the motor in it looks a bit different. there may very well be electronic differences too besides the orange LED. the screen isn't a big deal for me as I bought a 3d printed kit from etsy that hopefully I'll be able to use to swap out the screen. Right now I'm working on the back of the meter, have to sand down the epoxy I put over the 3d printed plug after I super glued it into the hole where the knob for the belt holster was.

Next on my list is to use the demo button wires to control the motor for the wings like I've seen other folks doing.
Beelowgonha wrote: May 24th, 2020, 7:41 pm Yep I got the pke in hand and I got the same thing happening here, they also frosted the screen which looks pretty ugly. I just ordered a spirit pke since they seem to be better quality, albeit 15 dollars extra. It's wierd that their would be such changes for a product that is pretty much the same thing
By Ectotainment
Regarding the screen, there is a piece of plastic under the screen (between the screen and circuit board) that has holes for the LEDs. On the Spirit model this piece is black, on the Walmart version its cast in frosted white color which allows the light to bleed through. Simple fix for that is painting that piece black and you get the defined dots back on the screen.
Nice thinking bro! I'm glad we're getting fixes for the Walmart pke! I only wish it didn't get rid of the top speed, kind of a deal breaker for me. I wish there was some way to fix that, but I mean I get what I get for 20 bucks lol.
So I figured out why they cast that piece in frosted plastic and not black. They included 2 additional green LEDs for the screen movement, but they no longer match up with the holes on the original casting. So instead of creating a new piece they have the lights diffused through the plastic. I did end up painting mine black and drilled new holes to line up with the new light pattern.

It's nice that they added more lights to the sequence, but without a new diffuser it was sort of lost.

I also ended up buying some of those tiny LEDs (0603 size) and replaced the red one with the correct yellow light.

I also noticed that the arms/wings didn't fully extend in the Walmart version. That was fixed by turning the top lever switch around and cutting a small bit of plastic that holds the switch in place.
Ectotainment wrote:So I figured out why they cast that piece in frosted plastic and not black. They included 2 additional green LEDs for the screen movement, but they no longer match up with the holes on the original casting. So instead of creating a new piece they have the lights diffused through the plastic. I did end up painting mine black and drilled new holes to line up with the new light pattern.

It's nice that they added more lights to the sequence, but without a new diffuser it was sort of lost.

I also ended up buying some of those tiny LEDs (0603 size) and replaced the red one with the correct yellow light.

I also noticed that the arms/wings didn't fully extend in the Walmart version. That was fixed by turning the top lever switch around and cutting a small bit of plastic that holds the switch in place.

I had no idea that they even added new LED's! I also noticed the ear thing on the Walmart version after getting my spirit today, on the Walmart version once the ears were all the way up if you clicked it twice really fast it will extend all the way up with a clicking noises, my spirit version came with a button put in wrong and the ears were shaky going up but are better now after use. Also are the ears interchangeable between the spirit and Walmart? My spirit came with dents and cracks in it and I'm thinking about replacing my spirit's ears with the Walmart ears.
By Beelowgonha
I just did the swap and they turned out not to be the interchangeable, which is unfortunate, the Walmart version's ear's hole in the gear is slightly smaller so on the spirit it fits loosely but barely fits on the Walmart and when it's back together the other gear cannot turn it. This would have been a sacrifice I was willing to make but it ends up when it's back in the meter it doesn't push either of the triggers to stop it, this wouldn't be a problem on the right ear but I had to replace my left. I also think it's a bit thicker because I don't think it fit back into the slot. So in the end neither of them are probably interchangeable which is incredibly unfortunate. But I do know that the wires and plugs for the lights on the ears are almost definitely interchangeable, which is good for anyone who breaks their connections trying to change the light order! For me I'll be sanding and Bondoing trying to get these cracks and dents out of the ears that spirit sent. By the way does anyone know a way to get these ears back together flush?

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]