Note also that 'and XXX Ghost' beneath the character name, and 'who ya gonna call' from the top have both disappeared completely. Likely because they know it would have looked even more cluttered with all those translated... Odd.
VenomSymbiote wrote: May 25th, 2020, 12:56 pm That is really unsightly. Why not just make the front of the card like the original and put the other languages on the back? I get wanting every language represented so all can read it but I highly doubt anyone buying these doesn't know what they're getting. Kinda clearly visible right there ya know?
It's likely dictated by the EU regulations, that in the pursuit of fairness, all of the languages have to displayed on the same side, rather than shoving everything but the English version onto the back.
Kingpin wrote: May 26th, 2020, 5:27 am
VenomSymbiote wrote: May 25th, 2020, 12:56 pm That is really unsightly. Why not just make the front of the card like the original and put the other languages on the back? I get wanting every language represented so all can read it but I highly doubt anyone buying these doesn't know what they're getting. Kinda clearly visible right there ya know?
It's likely dictated by the EU regulations, that in the pursuit of fairness, all of the languages have to displayed on the same side, rather than shoving everything but the English version onto the back.
Don't forget saving money, in the 80s Kenner printed a different backing card for each country. Today Hasbro likely wanted to stream line it.
deadderek wrote: May 27th, 2020, 12:47 am The figures have made their way to Canada:

Damn, Canada getting better selection than the US for sure. Our Walmart just has like 2 or 3 pegs for them and the people that work there said they only got like 8 at a time at most. Nice neon slimed display and 18+ figures. Might have been able to find a set of them outside of ebay if there were that many. I caved and grabbed a set off ebay myself. 75 plus 20 shipping, taxes brought it to just over 100. More than I wanted to spend but it was the best price I'd seen. Really wanted the four guys not just because it was my childhood. These were the last birthday gift back in the day that I got before my father passed away over 30 years ago. So the Kenner busters have a special place in my heart because of it. 15-20 extra bucks over what I wanted to pay was worth that.
Kingpin liked this
That's an awesome display.

Though man, I'm not sure I know what year I'm living in anymore. Once upon a time, Doctor Who, Ghostbusters and Transformers were all "old properties" which were ten years old, or getting there when I was a lad, the world had moved on to other, "cooler" things...

And now they're hot products again. And I'm not complaining. :) But the year feels a bit nebulous... (beyond the whole "every day is almost identical" thing)
Kingpin wrote: May 27th, 2020, 11:17 am That's an awesome display.

Though man, I'm not sure I know what year I'm living in anymore. Once upon a time, Doctor Who, Ghostbusters and Transformers were all "old properties" which were ten years old, or getting there when I was a lad, the world had moved on to other, "cooler" things...

And now they're hot products again. And I'm not complaining. :) But the year feels a bit nebulous... (beyond the whole "every day is almost identical" thing)
Not sure I care for what happened with Dr. Who but it is nice to see Ghostbusters getting another shot at the spotlight. If they really want to tickle me silly they'd announce a new RGB videogame.
Man I wish the U.S. got that same display as Canada. Pretty sweet! Venom, I can relate a little with your earlier post. I remember when my grandma got me Ray and Slimer for my sixth birthday. She passed away over 10 years ago and I recently bought an original Ray carded figure. So, now it's one of my favorite figures. I've been lucky to be able to find all of the Kenner classics. But I've heard from several Walmart managers, that stores are only getting a case every now and then. Which kinda sucks. I hope it starts to pick up soon or scalpers are going make a killing.
Should we start a separate Afterlife toys thread?

These have hit the shelves of Toys R Us Canada:

Coover5 liked this
Has anyone been using brickseek to find RGB figs lately? I don't know if it's where I live or if the site is becoming more accurate lately. But I'm having some success finding them when I use it. Also, I only picked the Walmarts that said they had 6+ and not something like 2-3 in stock or limited stock. Maybe this might help? Thought I would give a heads-up.
Peculiar glitch from the Wal-Mart site. It switches between saying you can buy Slimer now and saying you have to preorder him. Any ideas why? It is because we're so close to their release date? This picture shows the list difference between an item for sale and a preorder item

Just got an email from Zavvi, three of my Kenner classics action figures on their way from England to my home. I am very excited that these are coming, it feels like forever since I ordered them. I guess Zavvi exprinced some delays with the Ray Stantz action figures, still three out of the four is not bad.
TheMark liked this
By ccv66
Did order slimer and stay puft and pre-ordered Winston today, but Walmart wasnt letting me order them together. Had to do two separate check outs for in stock and pre order. In case someone else is having the same problem
I'm going to wait and buy them in person at the store. Not just to save on shipping but also for the experience of getting to buy them in person again. Plus I'm hoping to save a little so I can buy the Toy Shields. Thought I'd just buy a couple but the shipping for 1 is almost as much as the shipping for 6. I'll wait and see how many figures I get before I buy the Toy Shields.
TheMark liked this
By ccv66
I hope you'll be able to find them at your local Walmart. Free shipping if you spend over $35. With scalpers and scarcity, might be awhile before you find them in a store if at all, depending on where you live. Never seen the target exclusive neca turtles in the 5 local stores near me. That being said they were always supposed to be released in June, hopefully we'll be able to walk in and get them next month. Might try to get that display stand with it to.. pretty sure Wal-Mart has a passive non pursuit theft policy
TheMark liked this
Thanks. I actually know someone at a near by Wal-mart willing to hold them for me when they arrive but I want to find them on the shelf. I know it's a little crazy and very risky but it really is all about the discovery for me.
ccv66 liked this
Went to Walmart yesterday and they were out of everything GB except the last GB thing at Walmart I was looking for; a ghost trap. They had two so I grabbed one for me and my cousin. He's not as big a fan as I am but he was pretty happy to have one. Put one of my unused Matty Collector translucent Slimers in his trap right in front of the green light. Pretty nice look on him when the trap opens. Honestly surprised they had any at all let alone two of the things! Batteries were quite dead though.
The trap is the only new Ghostbusters item I have yet to see here. I went to a Walmart a week ago and found a bunch of PKE's and that's it. Are the traps displayed along with the RGB figures?
TheMark wrote: May 31st, 2020, 11:01 am The trap is the only new Ghostbusters item I have yet to see here. I went to a Walmart a week ago and found a bunch of PKE's and that's it. Are the traps displayed along with the RGB figures?
In both of my Walmarts the RGB figures are right beside the traps. I haven't seen PKE pegs or displays since like the first week they started showing up so I'm unsure of their general placement. I regret not grabbing one because I had seen them when looking for the guys. Thought oh neat, maybe I'll grab one later, and have yet to see them again. So for the traps if it's like mine just check by the area where the RGB's are. I'm surprised at how good a little display piece the trap is for the price.
ccv66 liked this
"I'm surprised at how good a little display piece the trap is for the price."

Some silver paint, weathering and black wash. Makes them look pretty good for the money and you don't mind the kids playing with them. Painted the red bars silver too, they're too skinny but when they're the same color, it doesn't jump out at you.
Glenn Frederick liked this
Usually when I check a Walmart. They have maybe 1 full set of the GB on the pegs. I did go to a small Walmart last week and they had 2 sets of the Ghostbusters and 2 sets of puft and Slimer. I don't know how they got so many. But I think it might be because the town is small and no one picked through them. IDK.

Venom I can try and see if the Walmart I went to still has the pke and grab one if you want.
Thanks Mark but it's no big deal. Especially wouldn't want anyone wandering around Walmart without it being an essential sort of run. Maybe if shipping wouldn't be too much and I could pay through amazon? (I don't like using Paypal)
ccv66 wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:39 pm "I'm surprised at how good a little display piece the trap is for the price."

Some silver paint, weathering and black wash. Makes them look pretty good for the money and you don't mind the kids playing with them. Painted the red bars silver too, they're too skinny but when they're the same color, it doesn't jump out at you.
Could you post some pics? I'm curious how well it turned out. On my trap the handle was a little loose on the top half. I just put a pull tie on it for now since I didn't care to mess with glue. Not a huge deal but something to note.

To anyone picking these guys up to display. If you want a more accurately sized RGB Slimer I recommend the minimate. His face looks like right out of the toon since it's just painted on and the size is perfect or damn near perfect in comparison to the guys. If you know of any better sized and accurate looking Slimer I'd love the recommendation cause so far this is the best I've got. I never understood why the original RGB Slimer toy was so damn huge. Even movie Slimer wasn't that big.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he does[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]