Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
We've been getting a bunch of clips from the in universe TV commercial... What if we get a TV commercial featuring the new cast?

(They just released outtakes from the 1984 commercial shoot... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uviQm7g3kas)
deadderek liked this
RichardLess wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 3:42 am
Davideverona wrote: May 31st, 2020, 1:04 pmhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/Ghostbu ... A4m24LsMIH

Does Josh Gad doing a Gb-centric Reunited Apart episode count?
I have this gut feeling that Josh Gad is trolling & is going to feature the reboot cast.
Pft, he'd be going for something better than that. He'll probably reunite the Filmation Ghostbusters cast.
Alphagaia, SpaceBallz liked this
Ghostytheghost wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 6:16 am
RichardLess wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 3:42 am

I have this gut feeling that Josh Gad is trolling & is going to feature the reboot cast.
Pft, he'd be going for something better than that. He'll probably reunite the Filmation Ghostbusters cast.
You know, I would watch all three of them. The filmation one because I hardly know anything about the guys behind it.
Alphagaia wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 11:00 am
Ghostytheghost wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 6:16 am

You know, I would watch all three of them. The filmation one because I hardly know anything about the guys behind it.
Well, let's see...Forrest Tucker crossed to the other side in 1986, but Larry Storch is still around at age 97, and Bob Burns at 85. And for the animated side, Pat Fraley and Peter Cullen. This idea is oddly compelling.
Alphagaia liked this
old skull face, Skelator , whatever the villains nick name is played on filmation's Ghostbusters.

Man, what a treat it would have been to have sat at the recording studio seeing Alan and Peter going at it. There's another Ghostbusters He-man reference for you.
timeware wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 8:09 pm old skull face, Skelator , whatever the villains nick name is played on filmation's Ghostbusters.
Prime Evil.

I know more about that stupid Filmation franchise than I ever wished to know (which admittedly isn't a lot).
Kingpin wrote:[quote=timeware post_id=4935404 time=<a href="tel:1591150182">1591150182</a> user_id=5230]
old skull face, Skelator , whatever the villains nick name is played on filmation's Ghostbusters.
Prime Evil.

I know more about that stupid Filmation franchise than I ever wished to know (which admittedly isn't a lot).[/quote]

LOL! I remember my mom would record The Real Ghostbusters on tape for me and the first tape I had contained both Filmation Ghostbusters and The Real Ghostbusters. That was how I was introduced to Filmation's Ghostbusters. I share a lot of your opinions about the quality of the show.

Kingpin I wanted to ask. Did you know about the Filmation show when you were a kid like myself or did you find out about the show much later? I wanted to know if you had the same confusion I did when there were 2 different Ghostbusters shows. Just wanted to know your thoughts. :):):)
I'm pretty sure the Filmation series never made it to the UK at the time, and for that I am eternally grateful.
deadderek liked this
robbritton wrote: June 4th, 2020, 8:01 am I'm pretty sure the Filmation series never made it to the UK at the time, and for that I am eternally grateful.

We had the Filmation toys and the series here in the Netherlands first if I recall correctly. And while it could not come close to the greatness of RGB, the toys were quite good. Especially the house was miles better compared to the firehouse, full of details and interaction. I really liked the transforming car as well.
The cartoon itself however...
robbritton liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 4th, 2020, 1:47 pm Sony/Ghost Corps has updated their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts to state that Ghostbusters Day will be rescheduled due to current events.

GUH. Give me some good news for once. We're in a global pandemic, I live in a country where my neighbors can get killed by the cops, we could smell our neighborhood's police station, post office, and numerous small businesses in a diverse community burn early last Friday...

deadderek liked this
Alberta.ca supposedly has these listings for Afterlife ads. No clue when they’ll roll these out, but hopefully that invites some positivity.
robbritton, lozbloke, deadderek and 1 others liked this
groschopf wrote: June 5th, 2020, 6:23 am
Kingpin wrote: June 4th, 2020, 1:47 pm Sony/Ghost Corps has updated their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts to state that Ghostbusters Day will be rescheduled due to current events.

GUH. Give me some good news for once. We're in a global pandemic, I live in a country where my neighbors can get killed by the cops, we could smell our neighborhood's police station, post office, and numerous small businesses in a diverse community burn early last Friday...

What happened to George was horrific. Those cops responsible should get the full penalty. But the looting doesn't do anyone any good.

Minority businesses were destroyed and many innocent people were caught in their path of destruction.

The protesting is fine, but the violence is inexcusable. It was equally disturbing seeing innocent officers hurt.

Many black officers were shot, killed, injured and the media doesn't give a shit. If anyone lives near the rioting please stay safe.
Ghostytheghost wrote: June 5th, 2020, 7:08 am Alberta.ca supposedly has these listings for Afterlife ads. No clue when they’ll roll these out, but hopefully that invites some positivity.
Both runtimes on those are over 3 minutes!!!

Hopefully we get to see them sometime soon!

As far as Ghostbusters Day being pushed back for celebration I'd bet it'll be July 10th. It just kinda...makes sense.

On another Afterlife related note it's cool to see some of the toys hitting shelves even with the movie pushed back.

Great find!!!
Sav C, Prime 1986, twmedford23 and 2 others liked this
timeware wrote: June 5th, 2020, 8:16 am What happened to George was horrific. Those cops responsible should get the full penalty. But the looting doesn't do anyone any good.

Minority businesses were destroyed and many innocent people were caught in their path of destruction.

The protesting is fine, but the violence is inexcusable. It was equally disturbing seeing innocent officers hurt.

Many black officers were shot, killed, injured and the media doesn't give a shit. If anyone lives near the rioting please stay safe.
Yeah, it's tricky. I spent last weekend stressing about what else would burn down, especially when the gas station we used to frequent a half a mile up was burned to the ground. There have definitely been a lot of people of color affected by the destruction -- like I said, we're a diverse community. So that has bothered me, especially because we don't know who was lighting fires or why.

At the same, I've got friends, neighbors and member of my community that could die in an encounter with the police. George Floyd was the most recent, but the Minneapolis Police Department also killed Philando Castile and Justine Damond. I don't know why they have such itchy trigger fingers -- especially given how much less crime there is here than I used to live -- but they do. And we see that nationwide. These interactions are particular dangerous for black men, and there's just no getting around it. The existential fear I experienced for a weekend is what some people live with every day.

Subtle protests haven't worked to bring this issue to the fore. I must concede that everything that has transpired in the last week has. America and the world are now listening.

So it's complicated. I empathize, have donated to and will help clean up the businesses destroyed on Lake Street. My own family lost a business in '95. It's glib to just say "people over property" when livelihoods are destroyed, food and pharmacy deserts are created, people can't draw paychecks and the events will scar people for their entire lives. And all of that is occurring during a pandemic, when we'll undoubtedly see a spike in cases in a couple of weeks... I don't like any of that.

But I like the possibility that anyone I know could die during a police encounter even less. I've had my carotid artery constricted in judo and know how quickly that cuts the oxygen to the brain. I also stood outside of the memorial yesterday for nine minutes, and that amount of time felt interminable without someone kneeling on my neck.

Reform is critical, and all of this -- for better or worse -- forced the issue. We're resilient, and I've seen beautiful examples of humanity coming together in the walk of this. This situation undoubtedly caused pain, but so too has it brought healing and a renewed sense of community.

A shop owner that I know on Lake -- who immigrated from a war-torn country -- said the destruction she witnessed of her shop had nothing to do legitimate protest and everything to do taking advantage of a situation. But she also expressed solidarity with demonstrators and the need for reform.

Mama Safia lost her business to fire, but she said "My heart is broken. My mind is broken. I know I can't come back from this. But this can be replaced. George's life cannot. George's life was more important. That man that got killed in the most inhumane way. I hope he gets justice."

Likewise, the owner of Gandi Mahal lost his business, and said “Let my building burn. Justice needs to be served. Put those officers in jail.”

If the people directly affected by this can find the strength to prioritize the safety of our fellow Americans so they don't have to live in fear, so too can I.

Sorry guys -- didn't mean to derail the topic. I just want a nice distraction every once in a while. As you can tell, I've had a lot on my mind :p
Sav C, Scuba Steve, Kingpin and 3 others liked this
Do you mind if I post that on the ghostbusters subreddit?
I guess so, the publicity would be fine.
Prime 1986 wrote: June 5th, 2020, 12:59 pm I'm wondering what the Fathom Countdown trailer is about? is a countdown to the movie... or some other thing?
Yeah, I'm wondering if the Fathom teaser impies that before covid they were planning a Fathom event that marathoned all the movies for what would have been Ghostbusters Day.
groschopf wrote: June 5th, 2020, 12:05 pm I've had my carotid artery constricted in judo and know how quickly that cuts the oxygen to the brain. I also stood outside of the memorial yesterday for nine minutes, and that amount of time felt interminable without someone kneeling on my neck.
You have four arteries that go up towards your brain, and you can survive with just one still working, as my mother is living proof of, so unless he has the same condition as my mother, I don't think that is what happened. A knee to the neck simply cannot close all four of them. It can close your windpipe though. Probably happened only partially, because otherwise you cannot speak as well.

My guess is his bleeding nose and (partially) closed off windpipe is what caused the breathing problems, resulting in his untimely death, sadly enough.

Either way, it's a shit show. Sorry for dragging up the subject again.
Getting a potential 3+ minute trailer this far out is beyond exciting!

I just hope nothing too big gets spoiled!
Alphagaia liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]