Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By Miranda
I'm a Ghostbusters fan since I first saw the movie, on VHS, in kindergarten

A few years ago, I wanted to create my own pack but wasn't aware of good resources, until I spoke with a guy who is in the LI Ghostbusters Group. He recommended me this site and I have been so happy that he did. So my goal is to create my own pack before the next Halloween.

I am a little confused though, probably just overwhelmed, but I can't seem to pick which one I should start with (i.e. wood or aluminum) for the motherboard. Also, where can I find more shells? Is it better to get a fiberglass shell or build one? I want to make my pack look like the movie version but I have seen some packs with the upgraded features. I would love to learn how to do the venting smoke, sounds, etc, but I just want to get the ball rolling.

Miranda
One time liked this
By Kingpin
Welcome aboard, Miranda! :)

For motherboards, metal is the most recommended option (it's what was used on the screen-used props), and has a more ideal weight to thickness ratio over wood (plus it stands up better in wet weather).

As for shells, as someone who went the scratch-built approach, I'd recommend fibreglass if you can afford it, as a scratch-built shell can be heavier, depending on the materials you use.
Miranda liked this
By MovieSean
HelloMiranda
I’m from the New Ghostbusters Of Long Island.
We HIGHLY recommend BenOfKent kits almost all of us have them and couldn’t be happier.

If you have anymore questions feel free to reach out!
Miranda liked this
By Miranda
MovieSean wrote: May 8th, 2018, 1:24 pm HelloMiranda
I’m from the New Ghostbusters Of Long Island.
We HIGHLY recommend BenOfKent kits almost all of us have them and couldn’t be happier.

If you have anymore questions feel free to reach out!
Thank you for recommending me to the website, I wish I had seen this earlier because I went with the Anovos kit instead. My first mistake. It came already painted and primed, the parts too, and now I'm thinking to myself "what do I do?" My first instinct is to apply a new layer of paint anyway, just to give me something to do. At the same time, I'm looking for any advice that could help guide me with dos and don'ts. Whether it be videos, tutorials, anything. So far...I feel like a chicken without a head. But I have high hopes!
So the question is, what do I want to do with the pack? So here it is. I want to put this kit together with the lights, the sound, the swiveling spring-loaded tip, the minor venting feature from the rear of the pack and have an external power push switch (killswitch) on the pack with the external charging port. To top it off, le creme de la creme, I really want the "activate" switch to be the ONLY way to really heat her up!
By ccv66
Plenty of things wrong with Anovos, but nothing wrong with the pack for the price. There's alot you can upgrade, however parts are expensive upgrades for minor improvements, which most people outside of gbfans will never notice :/. The coating color on the shells not bad, but alot of people texture the shell and re paint it. Would get a blue brick battery, pack blaster amplifier board, and the wand pack lights from the gbfans shop. Google freeky geeky, he should have a lever and pop out mech., For the wand. Swivle can be done by cutting an elongated hole. If you search the the sales forum should find someone selling a smoke kit. I believe spongface sells a relay switch for smoke kits, would buy his bezel kit and ask him about it. Pretty easy to add splice a toggle switch and external charging port.

It's been awhile, but I believe the pack blaster will overheat and vent if you hold the button down and you an can add a vent button for smoke

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]