By MovieSean
Hey all,
I am looking for the correct volume pot for the GBFans board, I am using a guitar knob right now and getting a TON of feedback and dropping connection and inconsistent volumes. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
By greg883
Just a guess, but your Guitar part probably uses an Audio Taper, not a Linear Taper. What's the difference? A linear taper is just that. A straight 0 to 10k from end to end. Midpoint will be 5k ohms. Audio taper is more of a logarithmic curve to match the sensitivity of the human ear. The first 2/3 of rotation is a small change in resistance with a rapid increase (almost a straight line up) for the last 1/3rd.

The GB "volume" is providing a control voltage to the circuit that adjusts the output from the amplifier. I think the circuit is actually using a programmed "map" to make the output act like an audio taper.

Edit: Just looked up the instructions, I remembered correctly:

The volume control on this particular amp is based on a dc control voltage and has a nonlinear correction built in. An audio (logarithmic) taper pot can be used but will be more sensitive to volume adjustments.
NotSabbat liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]