some dude already has a shipping box and a figure(s). He posted it on instagram, teenagemutantbuster is his name. Back of card is like the original four busters, how to use stream, but omits picture of child playing with Kenner ghost projection wand. Shipping box said KENNER CLASSICS and then GHOSTBUSTERS in smaller font underneath.
By ccv66
Wonder if the movie delay will help or hurt the upcoming line. Will stuff get delayed? I doubt they'll release figures from after life. Will we get wto waves of products this summer and next spring? I also wonder if manufacturer delays factor into delaying the movie? Not having merchandise to go along with the movie. They already had stuff not available till August. Don't want to pull a baby Yoda
I'm hoping that since China is bringing factories back on line we'll still get the retro toys in 2 months. But who knows, Walmart and Hasbro haven't been very communitive thus far. So if they delay the kenner classics we wont know until June.
Last edited by Bison256 on March 31st, 2020, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ccv66 liked this
I would think that most of the toys connected to the first movie and The Real Ghostbusters will come out, even if their is a delay getting them shipped to customers from the respective stores. The Ghostbusters: Afterlife toys, I would think might get held back by Hasbro since the films release date got changed to March.

Here is review of the difference between the 1986 original Peter Venkman action figure and the upcoming reissue:

Last edited by Kingpin on March 31st, 2020, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added youtube code
Kingpin, Coover5 liked this
slaysghosts wrote:is this person in the toy biz or work at wal mart? How reliable of a source is he?
Sells toys online, I’m assuming he got his sets straight from the factory overseas because he said they did not come from the US. Mine will be here tomorrow.
I love that toy review for the Venkman figure. I think Hasbro was being very smart in altering the figure just enough that they can't be sold as vintage but still look vintage.

and to answer my own question
Coover5 wrote: February 24th, 2020, 10:50 am I know some people put their action figures in protective plastic clamshells. Can anyone suggest a brand suitable for the Kenner figures? I'd love to display them but keep them safe too.
https://toyshield.com/ seems to be the brand. I am curious which ones will work with the Kenner Classics by Hasbro. They are cheaper than I expected which I'm excited about too.
Kingpin liked this
brettkybuster wrote: March 31st, 2020, 7:45 pm
slaysghosts wrote:is this person in the toy biz or work at wal mart? How reliable of a source is he?
Sells toys online, I’m assuming he got his sets straight from the factory overseas because he said they did not come from the US. Mine will be here tomorrow.
Are you able to share their info? I'd love to pick up a set or two!
below_radar_00 wrote: April 1st, 2020, 9:14 am
brettkybuster wrote: March 31st, 2020, 7:45 pm

Are you able to share their info? I'd love to pick up a set or two!
They unfortunately don’t have anymore. Mine should be here shortly and then I’ll post pictures.
Last edited by Kingpin on April 2nd, 2020, 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
rgamble84 wrote:Why do I get a strange feeling that the scalpers already have the run or the run is so small that they won’t be making anymore?
they are back up for preorder on Walmart as of a few minutes ago.
Coover5 wrote:They were up. I suspect it could have been a case of someone canceling their order and having their figures go up for sale again.
I think it was their second wave of ordering the preorder. I canceled my Zavvi order and went and ordered my second set and all of my stay puft and slimers from Walmart. Some of the friends I told they were up also went in and ordered their sets as well. You can follow the items on nowinstock.net and get real time alerts when they go back up for sale, that’s how I found out.
Coover5 liked this
rgamble84 wrote:That makes good financial sense. Good advice.
no problem, I got notifications that some were back up again but gone shortly after, so I’d follow that and buy when you get the alert, will stop you from having to resort to scalpers.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]