Not yet.
They didn't want to give a date and have to dissapoint people if they couldn't meet the ETA but mentioned that they're really exited to be working on this so it would be done ASAP.
If they're working on the pattern now, hopefully we'll see a prototype in a matter of weeks.
Just depends on feedback and tweaks, etc after that.

And I wouldn't trust anovos with a single penny [emoji28]
ccv66 liked this
They're just the closest thing in terms of design and pocket layout.
The original suits were based off of nomex flight suits but the material was changed to cotton ripstop most likely to put up with the rigours of filming and because the cotton would be breathable.
Where as nomex isn't breathable and would get really warm for the actors and stunt men, especially under studio lighting.
RedSpecial wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 6:37 pm They're just the closest thing in terms of design and pocket layout.
The original suits were based off of nomex flight suits but the material was changed to cotton ripstop most likely to put up with the rigours of filming and because the cotton would be breathable.
Where as nomex isn't breathable and would get really warm for the actors and stunt men, especially under studio lighting.
Ohhhhhh so nomex isn't screen accurate? Well I guess it's good I found that out now before spending $$ on more haha.
abaka wrote: April 4th, 2020, 4:59 pm any update on these....I would imagine Covid19 might be slowing down the progress?
New Zealand (where Magnoli's based) isn't currently on full lockdown as far as I'm aware, but no doubt like mike noted, their suppliers across the world are going to be suffering disruption.

As with pretty much every other commercial item on the planet, expect severe delays and disruption for the foreseeable future.
I'm not posting this in my official capacity as a mod or representative of this site, I'm posting this in the capacity of a cosplayer from both the Ghostbusters and Doctor Who communities:

Those wishing to purchase the jumpsuit from Magnoli may wish to reconsider them as a supplier.

They posted a "parody" of Bruce Springsteen's Born in the U.S.A. with a coronavirus slant on their Facebook page which... At best... was disgusting and tactless, and at worst... Could be considered racist. I will not be posting the screenshots of their parody, I will however post a screenshot of their follow-up:

Coover5 liked this
It's in bad taste, shouldn't have been song, should be taken down and then give a better apology. However I'm not outraged by the song. There's no new unique opinions and I don't feel there's malintent. Poor decision to make a Covid 19 parody. I'm not overly sensitive about it, if the product is good I'll still order from them. Definitely if you're offended by it don't give them your money
Granted these are still a work in progress but as it stands the GB1 patch is far too idealised for my liking.
It seems like they made the age old mistake of using the logo for reference instead of the actual screen used patches.
Without some pretty major changes, I'll be replacing it.

I'm really glad that I nabbed one of Todd Cook's latest patches for that very reason.

That's Todd's latest patch in the last image, for comparison
ImageImage

AZspidey liked this
RedSpecial wrote: May 21st, 2020, 6:27 pm Granted these are still a work in progress but as it stands the GB1 patch is far too idealised for my liking.
It seems like they made the age old mistake of using the logo for reference instead of the actual screen used patches.
Without some pretty major changes, I'll be replacing it.

I'm really glad that I nabbed one of Todd Cook's latest patches for that very reason.

That's Todd's latest patch in the last image, for comparison
ImageImage
Gotta say I agree, for how much detail is going into matching the fabric and making an accurate jumpsuit the patch should be spot on too. Thanks for posting this Red!
To me this doesn't bode well...We're saying he's putting a lot of effort into matching the fabric. He's provided one image of Khaki Ripstop which I gurantee you, if you go on Alibaba you'll have no issue finding a similar material.

If this patch is the sign of things to come, I'm feeling nervous. I was never going to use his patch as I was always certain I'd end up using other patches, but if the patches aren't going to be a close replica, what does that bode for the flightsuit. Right now, I'm feeling anxious that I have dropped almost $600.

Just serves to remind, that runs should not be financed until a realtive prototype has been provided. I bought blindly on this because I was so hopeful of finally having these suits happen....let's just hope I don't regret it.
AZspidey, Kingpin, RedSpecial and 1 others liked this
abaka wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 4:08 am To me this doesn't bode well...We're saying he's putting a lot of effort into matching the fabric. He's provided one image of Khaki Ripstop which I gurantee you, if you go on Alibaba you'll have no issue finding a similar material.

If this patch is the sign of things to come, I'm feeling nervous. I was never going to use his patch as I was always certain I'd end up using other patches, but if the patches aren't going to be a close replica, what does that bode for the flightsuit. Right now, I'm feeling anxious that I have dropped almost $600.

Just serves to remind, that runs should not be financed until a realtive prototype has been provided. I bought blindly on this because I was so hopeful of finally having these suits happen....let's just hope I don't regret it.
The patches are not an indicator of what the suits will be. The research and development going into these is for the flight suit itself. The patches are an afterthought, I guarantee. Honestly, I'd prefer they weren't included in the first place.
Another update on the patches.
The most recent revisions look much better.

I agree that these are irrelevant when it comes to an indication of the accuracy and quality of the suits themselves although the lack of updates on those has been understandable due to their inability to accesses their workshop until recently, due to lock down.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]