Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
delta88 wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 3:46 pm
groschopf wrote:
Betcha "Muncher" will eat the Wreckto before the film is done.
Someone's got good eyes.Image
OH!

Great job spotting that!

I didn’t see the Ecto-1 license plate. Just figured they need a way to display the classic Ecto-1 before retiring it and showing us a new version.
robbritton liked this
To anyone who is on the fence about preordering the neutrona wand, if you buy it on the Hasbro site and ship to the US it is eligible for free shipping. Mine is $108 after tax. Also they don’t charge your payment until it’s ready to ship, so you can buy now and save up until September.
Michael Scott wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 6:54 pm To anyone who is on the fence about preordering the neutrona wand, if you buy it on the Hasbro site and ship to the US it is eligible for free shipping. Mine is $108 after tax. Also they don’t charge your payment until it’s ready to ship, so you can buy now and save up until September.
I also read that you can put a $5 deposit down on that Spengler wand at your neighborhood Game Stop. That would be such a lovely display piece, and it has a slime blower mode!
groschopf wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 6:08 pm
delta88 wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 3:46 pm Someone's got good eyes.
OH!

Great job spotting that!

I didn’t see the Ecto-1 license plate. Just figured they need a way to display the classic Ecto-1 before retiring it and showing us a new version.
I wondered all along if there was going to be an epic death of the Ecto-1, ala USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) in Star Trek III, and of course the DeLorean in Back to the Future, Part III. I would've preferred a different car altogether to preclude the discontinuity with 1A, but maybe there's a surprise waiting about that. The fact that they even bothered keeping all the pieces of 1A is reassuring to me.
If you want 1 of the Spengler wands better get one now before they're on eBay or GB sale pages on FB for $500.
SpaceBallz liked this
deadderek wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 8:39 pm If you want 1 of the Spengler wands better get one now before they're on eBay or GB sale pages on FB for $500.
*enter slob bob*
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
Don't get hung up on the muncher art work. All we know, and right now is still nothing he only eats part of the Ecto.

I've been adamant about the possibility of Ecto being restored.

A succesfull bust in a middle of a nowhere town with old equipment is going to attract the og's attention right damn quick.

So far the new toys show Ecto in her former glory without the rust.

The cars destruction is fifty, fifty I admit. But being the focal point of advertising so far I really doubt it.

The kids probably consider the car their inheritance at this point. It's going to get some TLC.
mrmichaelt wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 8:34 pmImage
Isn't it a yellow version of Muncher eating a bumper?

I'm leaning toward Thole from the RGB episode "Egon's Ghost" -- but I don't think that's quite it either.

It reminds me of some creature design from the '80s, but I can't put my finger on it.

What has three eyes, horns and is vaguely terror dog adjacent? Is this a new character?
Last edited by groschopf on February 22nd, 2020, 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
delta88 wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 10:00 pm
groschopf wrote:

They're really pushing Muncher coughing up the Ecto-1's license plate in their artwork.

They even incorporated it into the giant interactive slime chamber display.Image
It could also be where they find the plate in the first place.

Perhaps the first encounter with Muncher he gets away, but not before he throws up the plate (and perhaps the engine) so they can fix it.
groschopf wrote: February 21st, 2020, 6:03 pm This explains the chomp out of the stop sign we saw in the leaked set photos.

Muncher appears to eat metal, much like the class 4 feeders from the Extreme Ghostbusters episode "Back in the saddle."

Just noticed the stopsign Jason posted is in his stomach.

Good catch, Groschopf!
Honestly, I kinda zoned out of this thread for a while.

Was there confirmation it's Spengler's house in GB3 before (besides us guesses) or is the wand being called Spengler's the first confirmation? Or maybe the better question is, is this the first time the Spengler name has been brought up officially in connection to Afterlife?
Last edited by Coover5 on February 23rd, 2020, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek, back liked this
Coover5 wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 8:05 am Honestly, I kinda zoned out of this thread for a while.

Was there confirmation it's Spengler's house in GB3 before (besides us guesses) or is the wand being called Spengler's the first confirmation?
First time confirmation.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]